The World News Media

Lets set up a cart.

Matthew9969

I've seen 2 carts set up at insanely busy intersections, no one can pull over to talk to the jw's , if they want to they have to park illegally. And the bros and sisters just stand there for hours In nice weather. I don't see them when it's really hot or really cold. I remember I had to walk through freezing cold snowy mornings  going door to door. The current day jw's are panzies, weak maybe fearful?

What is going on with witnessing on street corners only? When the weather is good?

• Views 5.6k
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not so sure. Whenever a person with an odd name appears out of nowhere (especially when another of odd name has disappeared) and becomes intensely active, we can suspect another reincarnation of y

I guess the above-mentioned, works for the zeal of Christ and the Apostles that continued that fine work. Apostle Paul comes to mind. Yet, to some extent, someone might think that kind of work can be

Just to be seen, this is in itself a Witness. Also, those who are really interested, they find a way to come and take literature. 

Posted Images

My thought was it was simply “name brand” Advertizing …. At one time in Times Square, New York City there was a huge lighted Coca Cola sign, about 6 stories tall Advertizing their brand.

People have a Constitutional right to be there …. 

I guess you havent tried it. There are many countries where there is still many responses.... and in those where there are not significant  responses... jehovah sees the faithfulness of the sisters and the public are reminded when they see the stands. Every time they ignore us they are making a choice!

You see nothing we do for jehovah is vanity or in vain.  Wasting time on other pursuits is vanity as Solomon said.  

3 hours ago, Arauna said:

You see nothing we do for jehovah is vanity or in vain.  Wasting time on other pursuits is vanity as Solomon said.  

If it is a “privilege” to be called a pioneer, an elder, a ministerial servant – all classes that receive special attention, with elders receiving “honor” - then vanity is involved.

God is not partial; but the Watchtower “spirit-directed” image/idol, certainly is. (Rom 1:25; Rev 13:15)

“Unless the Lord builds a house, its builders labor over it in vain; unless the Lord watches over a city, the watchman stays alert in vain.”  Ps 127:1

I.Usage - emptiness, vanity, falsehood

A.               emptiness, nothingness, vanity

B.               emptiness of speech, lying

C.                worthlessness (of conduct)

The organization, built by men, is a total act of vanity and rebellion against the house God has built on the body of His Son.  John 2:19,21; 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22; 4:4-16

At the end of the day, that is the “house” that will stand.  Dan 4:17; Matt 16:18; Rev 3:12; 21:22-24; 1-4; 5:9,10

Everything else is vanity and a chasing after the wind.  Eccl 1:14

I guess the above-mentioned, works for the zeal of Christ and the Apostles that continued that fine work. Apostle Paul comes to mind. Yet, to some extent, someone might think that kind of work can be exaggerated or excessive, while Jesus wouldn't have thought of it that way. It's good to know there are still people willing to proclaim the good news with such passion as it was done in Jesus time.  An Organization that follows Jesus teachings can only be a fine example on how not to listen to old and forgotten members that just couldn't appreciate those teachings.

51 minutes ago, Moise Racette said:

An Organization that follows Jesus teachings can only be a fine example on how not to listen to old and forgotten members that just couldn't appreciate those teachings.

I don’t believe anywhere in Jesus’ teachings did he ever support false prophesy and the doctrine of men.  To say that JWs follow the teachings of Christ when their leaders have made many false predictions, and set doctrine based on their organization that must be obeyed, is a slap in the face of Christ. He warned us to avoid false prophets/false teachers; not to embrace them. (Matt 24:4,5,24,25; 7:15-20; Mark 13:22; Luke 17:22,23)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.