The World News Media

Why did Jehovah create Jesus?

Matthew9969

I get why jw's and other religions believe Jehovah created everything through Jesus, Jesus being His first creation, so my question is not directly asked of the jw's. And I get why you all interpret certain scriptures the way you do and translate the scriptures the way you do, different denominations interpret scripture differently, as you know it also happens in the so called christendom. 

But a thought occurred to me today in that if Jehovah created everything, why did He need to create Jesus to create everything through? He could have just done it Himself. Cut out the middle-man which could eliminate a ton of controversy thousands of years in the future.

You jw's here, (including SM who I still believe is a governing body member and not a unitarian), claim I am a stupid simpleton, so I'm throwing this question out for your opinions and scriptural support above all as well.

• Views 1.3k
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has to do with the loving personality of Jehovah.  Love is sharing - Jehovah is so high and even though we are imperfect, he stoops down to listen to us- like we listen to toddlers.  Jehovah is a g

Personal Preference …. All else is guesswork and projection.

SM and the GB? 🤔 🤣 I don't think any of the governing body members are debate oriented, confrontational millennials who takes issue with Christianity today to a high degree because of the Romans nor a

Posted Images

Wouldn't the same controversy work with evolution? How could something out of nothing be created to form so many different kinds of erred forms? Where do you find the answer in different scientific research, by so-called science? A controversy stated by science billions of years in the making. So, where is the "absolute" support by man that wasn't around to actually attest to that creation, just theories. 

So, how many middle creations were necessary to get humanity here? 😏

9 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

But a thought occurred to me today in that if Jehovah created everything, why did He need to create Jesus to create everything through?

It has to do with the loving personality of Jehovah.  Love is sharing - Jehovah is so high and even though we are imperfect, he stoops down to listen to us- like we listen to toddlers.  Jehovah is a giver, not a taker.  Do your find pleasure is seeing young kids develop and grow and learn new things?

It does not have anything to do with ability or power.  Jehovah has power but unlike imperfect men - he has shared positions with Jesus, the 144,000 and even gives the angels opportunity in heaven to give their ideas and carry them out. 

Jehovah was not lonely - so did not create out of loneliness or because he wanted subjects.  His motivations are about joy and pleasure for all his creatures (within  moral boundaries).   It was humans who rejected the order Jehovah had instituted for society to work in a perfect way.  Jehovah equipped us with everything we need to function optimally and enjoy life.

11 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

But a thought occurred to me today in that if Jehovah created everything, why did He need to create Jesus to create everything through? He could have just done it Himself. Cut out the middle-man which could eliminate a ton of controversy thousands of years in the future.

11 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

claim I am a stupid simpleton, so I'm throwing this question out for your opinions and scriptural support above all as well.

I am a simpleton as well. The key word for us simpletons in the thinking community is "mirror" as in "mirror image" that Describes God's intent.

Since Christ was the first creation, he is NOT a middleman, but rather PART OF creation. Therefore, God didn’t need Michael, but through Michael God continued his image of creation.

Does that show the qualities of God? Yes! the good ones. Satan introduced the bad qualities of creation that man has continued to display even in our day.

How does a thinking Christian prove the question placed before them by a simpleton? The simplest way is by scripture, and it can be found in the Pauline gospel.

(Colossians 1:13-15) 13 He rescued us from the authority of the darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 by means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins. 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;

Is that all the proof? No! Anything further, it would not be simple but complex.

(Romans 8:29, 30) 29 because those whom he gave his first recognition he also foreordained to be patterned after the image of his Son, so that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30 Moreover, those whom he foreordained are the ones he also called; and those whom he called are the ones he also declared to be righteous. Finally, those whom he declared righteous are the ones he also glorified.

(Philippians 3:21) 21 who will transform our humble body to be like his glorious body by his great power that enables him to subject all things to himself.

Now I can use Bible Scholar's understanding.

§2

2. Wherefore, albeit what hath already been set forth is plentiful even to overflowing for maintaining the Faith-seeing that the greatness of a river is mostly judged of from the manner in which its springs rise and flow forth-still, to the end that our belief may be the plainer to sight, the waters of our spring ought, methinks, to be parted off into three channels. There are, then, firstly, plain tokens declaring essential inherence in the Godhead; secondly, the expressions of the likeness of the Father and the Son; and lastly, those of the undoubtable unity of the Divine Majesty. Now of the first sort are the names "begetting," "God," "Son," "The Word;"  of the second, "brightness," "expression," "mirror," "image;"  and of the third, "wisdom," "power," "truth," "life." 

§3

3. These tokens so declare the nature of the Son, that by them you may know both that the Father is eternal, and that the Son is not diverse from Him; for the source of generation is He Who is,  and as begotten of the Eternal, He is God; coming forth from the Father, He is the Son;  from God, He is the Word; He is the radiance of the Father's glory, the expression of His substance,  the counterpart of God,  the image of His majesty; the Bounty of Him Who is bountiful, the Wisdom of Him Who is wise, the Power of the Mighty One, the Truth of Him Who is true,  the Life of the Living One.  In agreement, therefore, stand the attributes of Father and Son, that none may suppose any diversity, or doubt but that they are of one Majesty. For each and all of these names would we furnish examples of their use were we not constrained by a desire to maintain our discourse within bounds.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.