The World News Media

Is the WTS the organization Jehovah is using?

HollyW

18 hours ago, Witness said:

I can strive to do this by giving God whole souled worship and with guidance of the Holy Spirit I can love my neighbor as myself.  No man should stand in the way of telling us how to do this.  I wouldn’t be on here to hopefully open JWs eyes if it wasn’t love for those I have known and loved for over 30 years.  I hate the lies which affect the lives of thousands under this operation of error over many years – the strong delusion JWs reside in. 

Now you’re just trying to impress and win an argument. Nothing you can write will compel me to go against God’s instructions. Instructions you wish to manipulate for your own personal gain.

Scripture is an impressive structure that God and Christ pressed upon to follow. Unfortunately, you wish to pick and choose only those things relevant to your argument NOT Bible Truth. I’m reminded of a Presbyterian Minister that wanted to win at all cost no matter if everything he was suggesting was against bible teachings, and his view could be corrected by just looking at the bible words in writing contrary to his personal view.

In the end, we will all be Judged by God. There will be no excuse, that one did not understand scripture since enough time has lapsed since society was free to study scripture for themselves versus just hearing it from clergy.

You have placed yourself above all, even though you lack bible knowledge other than using it to win an argument from a Witness, something you haven’t done, or will ever do with me. But now your proposition has become an oxymoron. To wit, that that you despise, you have become. So while you preach and teach in the hopes of opening Witnesses eyes to your distorted truth, you are in essence showing them, how false you have become.

Romans 3:8 Context: God Remains Faithful

8Why not say, as some slanderously claim that we say, “- Let us do evil that good may result?” Their condemnation is deserved!

This is what should be learned. Situation Ethics or Moral Relativity. Was Paul insinuating to do evil? Or did he imply the evil was coming from those who were slandering him for doing the fine works Christ had instructed the apostles to continue after Christ death.

That same parallel applies to people like you.

Matthew 15:9 Context: Tradition and Worship

9They worship Me in vain; they teach as doctrine the precepts of men.’” 10Jesus called the crowd to Him and said, “Listen and understand. 11A man is not defiled by what enters his mouth, but by what comes out of it.” … 12Then the disciples came to Him and said, “Are You aware that the Pharisees were offended” when they heard this? 13But Jesus replied, “Every plant that My Heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by its roots.…

Hear you compare the faith in God to the obedience of MEN. This is “WHY” the WTS and JW’s don’t listen to MEN in this respect but “FOLLOW” Gods and Christ instructions to give those that take the responsibility to see to the flock, is NOT a doctrine of MEN, but a doctrine of God and Christ. Once again, the constitution of the WTS is the INSPIRED WORD OF GOD.

Once again, in essence, WE should strive to REJECT your teachings as that does lead to following MEN, as a personal opinion and NOT the inspired word of God. God’s words were meant to learn, teach and reprove, NOT to be manipulated by MEN to win an argument.

Acts 3:22 Context: Peter Speaks in Solomon's Colonnade

22For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your brothers. You must listen to Him in everything He tells you.

So, no matter how you chose to believe your own words, it only resonates to you, not scripture.

To those that use uniformity to accept Gods inspired word then follow,

1 Corinthians 1:10 Context: Unity in the Church

10I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree together, so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be united in mind and conviction.

For the purpose of What,

Romans 16:26 Context: Doxology

26but now revealed and made known through the writings of the prophets by the command of the eternal God, in order to lead all the nations to the obedience that comes from faith.

Unity through faith is what God Commands, and Christ expects, through those they have chosen to receive the Holy Spirit.

One that contradicts scripture, will not or has not received God’s Holy Spirit.

• Views 7.2k
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We might consider just who is hiding behind a façade.   Some of your words:  It is up to the body of Elders to use their “BEST” judgment on how to proceed with a sensitive matter. Even the ARC

This seems a little farfetched, if you believe your understanding has a better claim to salvation than Christ. You mention “Mother”. Many Christians maintain an earthly view of Mary. However, Mary ser

Exactly! where has Christendom been for those 2000 years, but waging war within themselves and other religions.  So the premise of CULTS!!! lie with how? lets at least define what Christendom has NOT

Posted Images

10 hours ago, JWTheologian said:

Now you’re just trying to impress and win an argument. Nothing you can write will compel me to go against God’s instructions. Instructions you wish to manipulate for your own personal gain.  

What is personal gain?  Is is something found in the world, something tangible that the organization provides?

"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"  Matt 8:36

"Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ".  Phil 3:8

This is the simplicity that is Christ.  2 Cor 11:3

God's instructions are to listen to his son, obey his teachings, decipher "good fruit" from the bad, and accept the little ones who are in Christ.   Luke 9:35;John 14:15,23; Matt 25:31-36; Matt 12:33  

I am not sure why you sited Acts 3:22.  Aside from the fact that it is referring to Jesus, you wouldn’t be using it in reference to the Governing Body, would you?  If you are suggesting that the Governing Body is a composite “prophet”, notice their words:

"The Governing Body consists of a group of anointed Christian men These preside over the worldwide activities of Jehovah's Witnesses. They are not inspired by God and hence are not infallible, but they rely on God's infallible Word as the highest authority on earth." Jehovah's Witnesses - Unitedly Doing God's Will Worldwide p.26

Doesn’t one need to be inspired to be a prophet?  And if they admit they are not inspired, why would sheep hang on to their every changing word as if they are true prophets?  Jer 23:32  Who gives them the right to expect obedience to be given them?  Certainly not God or Christ.  Ps 118:9; 146:3

You reference to Matt 15:9 fits the organization perfectly, doctrines of end times (1914) of “generation”, of an earthly organization as Mt. Zion, etc.  By not accepting these doctrines one can be disfellowshiped.

God’s sheep, his anointed ones are not united with their Master, Christ in the organization, but are scattered. Ezek 39:12,28,29; Micah 5:8; Amos 9:9; Mark 13:27  The restoration of God’s Temple/Christ’s Body begins if they leave such an oppressive rule over God’s chosen ones, the spiritual house of “Israel,” and by their willingness to repent from idolatry. Micah 5:3; 4:10; Rev 12:2; 13:7,10; Luke 21:4; Rev 18:4-8 Rev 18:4-8  God’s anointed are trampled by a Gentile elder body - false priests who willingly disfellowship one for not accepting doctrine of men.   

On 7/12/2016 at 12:55, HollyW said:

But then Satan is released and persuades a vast number of these perfected JWs to go to war against their fellow JWs.

Do you not think Adam was perfect when he rebelled against Jehovah and attempted to destroy his own offspring?

On 7/12/2016 at 03:36, HollyW said:

You need to be considering what their excuse will be.

They do not have an excuse. That's why "... fire came down out of heaven and consumed them" Rev 20:9

19 hours ago, Witness said:

What is personal gain?  Is is something found in the world, something tangible that the organization provides?

"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?"  Matt 8:36

"Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ".  Phil 3:8

You seem to be confusing the word obedience. It is interesting you have managed to twist scripture to fit your own agenda. Your hypothesis lies in abstract.

Colossians 1:27-29 Context: Paul's Suffering for the Church

27to whom God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28We proclaim Him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29To this end I labor, striving with all His energy working powerfully within me.…

Once again, you are implying God has erred for choosing Men among Men to take the lead and dispense the spirit of the fruit to others.

Once again, your claim is, that the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses are NOT chosen for that task. I keep reminding you, who appointed you to decide who receives the Holy Spirit of God. You are once again being nonsensical to win an argument, NOT to debate Facts of scripture.

Your own words of misinterpretation have now ventured into blasphemy, NOT by my accord, but that that of the word of God in scripture.

The governing body, are just fellow Christians striving what every Christian strives for, everlasting life. The only ones holding the GB on a pedestal are people like you. We don’t regard our members other than with respect for accepting to take the lead on a monumental responsibility that would be judged by God harsher for having that responsibility. Now is it any different than any other religion?

That’s what judgement day, is for.

You cited Matt 8:36 Context: Take up Your Cross. Now your understanding differs from that of scripture. If your own words are misleading due to the lack of understanding of the “INTENT” and “CONTEXT” by understanding the full text from verse 34 on. So in that context by defining Christ instructions, we lose our soul. Because we as men are misleading the understanding of scripture to benefit oneself NOT others.

Not to mention the conflict you have with scripture. How can you engage with conflict as in Romans 13:8 Context: Love Fulfills the Law?

8Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

if you despise wholeheartedly 7 men that have done NOTHING to you personally other than being there for your ridicule. Do you see your contradictions?

You people call us brainwashed? Where would that leave you people!!!!!

Galatians 6:1-3 Context: Carry One Another's Burdens

1Brothers, if someone is caught in a trespass, you who are spiritual should restore him with a spirit of gentleness. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the Law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.…

So in your world? How could you possibly achieve that fulfillment within the body of Christ, while objecting to parts of the body of Christ, by your own admission in writing. That’s Hypocrisy in its highest form.

Because you couldn’t possibly be accepting of Gods commands through Christ to what?

Matthew 28:19-20 Context: The Great Commission

…19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Matthew Henry Commentary

28:16-20 This evangelist passes over other appearances of Christ, recorded by Luke and John, and hastens to the most solemn; one appointed before his death, and after his resurrection. All that see the Lord Jesus with an eye of faith, will worship him. Yet the faith of the sincere may be very weak and wavering. But Christ gave such convincing proofs of his resurrection, as made their faith to triumph over doubts. He now solemnly commissioned the apostles and his ministers to go forth among all nations. The salvation they were to preach, is a common salvation; whoever will, let him come, and take the benefit; all are welcome to Christ Jesus. Christianity is the religion of a sinner who applies for salvation from deserved wrath and from sin; he applies to the mercy of the Father, through the atonement of the incarnate Son, and by the sanctification of the Holy Spirit, and gives up himself to be the worshipper and servant of God, as the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, three Persons but one God, in all his ordinances and commandments. Baptism is an outward sign of that inward washing, or sanctification of the Spirit, which seals and evidences the believer's justification. Let us examine ourselves, whether we really possess the inward and spiritual grace of a death unto sin, and a new birth unto righteousness, by which those who were the children of wrath become the children of God. Believers shall have the constant presence of their Lord always; all days, every day. There is no day, no hour of the day, in which our Lord Jesus is not present with his churches and with his ministers; if there were, in that day, that hour, they would be undone. The God of Israel, the Saviour, is sometimes a God that hideth himself, but never a God at a distance. To these precious words Amen is added. Even so, Lord Jesus, be thou with us and all thy people; cause thy face to shine upon us, that thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations.

The WTS didn’t commission these men, God’s Holy Spirit did. Those that are found worthy to receive this commission has a great responsibility and an honor to be considered spiritually just to accept that commission. They don’t consider themselves above anyone, but work alongside all that accept the inspired word of God to be the solemn constitution.

In your world? Everything was developed by men for men. Then you’re making Jah to be a liar. Is God the liar or are you? I chose to believe it’s you!!!!!!!!

The ultimate goal for true Christians is, not just preaching and teaching but, Obedience to ALL of God’s Commandments, based on Christ instructions. A structure that is governed by God not man.

Hebrews 13:16-18 Context: Sacrifice, Obedience, and Prayer

…16And do not neglect to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. 17Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they watch over your souls as those who must give an account. To this end, allow them to lead with joy and not with grief, for that would be of no advantage to you. 18Pray for us; we are convinced that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way.…

Matthew Henry Commentary

13:16-21 We must, according to our power, give to the necessities of the souls and bodies of men: God will accept these offerings with pleasure, and will accept and bless the offerers through Christ. The apostle then states what is their duty to living ministers; to obey and submit to them, so far as is agreeable to the mind and will of God, made known in his word. Christians must not think themselves too wise, too good, or too great, to learn. The people must search the Scriptures, and so far as the ministers teach according to that rule, they ought to receive their instructions as the word of God, which works in those that believe. It is the interest of hearers, that the account their ministers give of them may be with joy, and not with grief. Faithful ministers deliver their own souls, but the ruin of a fruitless and faithless people will be upon their own heads. The more earnestly the people pray for their ministers, the more benefit they may expect from their ministry. A good conscience has respect to all God's commands, and all our duty. Those who have this good conscience, yet need the prayers of others. When ministers come to a people who pray for them, they come with greater satisfaction to themselves, and success to the people. We should seek all our mercies by prayer. God is the God of peace, fully reconciled to believers; who has made a way for peace and reconciliation between himself and sinners, and who loves peace on earth, especially in his churches. He is the Author of spiritual peace in the hearts and consciences of his people. How firm a covenant is that which has its foundation in the blood of the Son of God! The perfecting of the saints in every good work, is the great thing desired by them, and for them; and that they may at length be fitted for the employment and happiness of heaven. There is no good thing wrought in us, but it is the work of God. And no good thing is wrought in us by God, but through Christ, for his sake and by his Spirit.

So, what’s the end result?

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Context: The Fear of God is Utmost

12But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body. 13The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. 14For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil.…

What does that imply, God will bring judgement upon those deceiving others with their own doctrine that is NOT based on the inspired word of God. GOD WILL!! Not you, me, or anyone thinking their ideology is above Gods sovereignty and inspired word. Something the WTS Does NOT claim to be, but does CLAIM to be fulfilling Gods commands by its commission.

On 7/8/2016 at 1:37 AM, HollyW said:

It was said in answer to my question about baptism that a person should be willing to wait on the organization Jehovah is using.  Why do you believe the WTS is the organization Jehovah is using?

Jehovah has NO organization on Earth. We cannot see this in the Bible at all.

On 7/26/2016 at 10:23 PM, Witness said:

This is what happens when the "MODERATOR" of this site decides to play favorites. Give the last word to distortion, and delete the rest!!!!!!

uploaded again!!!

You seem to be confusing the word obedience. It is interesting you have managed to twist scripture to fit your own agenda. Your hypothesis lies in abstract.

Colossians 1:27-29 Context: Paul's Suffering for the Church

27to whom God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28We proclaim Him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29To this end I labor, striving with all His energy working powerfully within me.…

Once again, you are implying God has erred for choosing Men among Men to take the lead and dispense the spirit of the fruit to others.

Once again, your claim is, that the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses are NOT chosen for that task. I keep reminding you, who appointed you to decide who receives the Holy Spirit of God. You are once again being nonsensical to win an argument, NOT to debate Facts of scripture.

Your own words of misinterpretation have now ventured into blasphemy, NOT by my accord, but that that of the word of God in scripture.

The governing body, are just fellow Christians striving what every Christian strives for, everlasting life. The only ones holding the GB on a pedestal are people like you. We don’t regard our members other than with respect for accepting to take the lead on a monumental responsibility that would be judged by God harsher for having that responsibility. Now is it any different than any other religion?

That’s what judgement day, is for.

You cited Matt 8:36 Context: Take up Your Cross. Now your understanding differs from that of scripture. If your own words are misleading due to the lack of understanding of the “INTENT” and “CONTEXT” by understanding the full text from verse 34 on. So in that context by defining Christ instructions, we lose our soul. Because we as men are misleading the understanding of scripture to benefit oneself NOT others.

Not to mention the conflict you have with scripture. How can you engage with conflict as in Romans 13:8 Context: Love Fulfills the Law?

8Be indebted to no one, except to one another in love, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the Law.

if you despise wholeheartedly 7 men that have done NOTHING to you personally other than being there for your ridicule. Do you see your contradictions?

You people call us brainwashed? Where would that leave you people!!!!!

Galatians 6:1-3 Context: Carry One Another's Burdens

1Brothers, if someone is caught in a trespass, you who are spiritual should restore him with a spirit of gentleness. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. 2Carry one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the Law of Christ. 3If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself.…

So in your world? How could you possibly achieve that fulfillment within the body of Christ, while objecting to parts of the body of Christ, by your own admission in writing. That’s Hypocrisy in its highest form.

Because you couldn’t possibly be accepting of Gods commands through Christ to what?

Matthew 28:19-20 Context: The Great Commission

…19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Matthew Henry Commentary

28:16-20 This evangelist passes over other appearances of Christ, recorded by Luke and John, and hastens to the most solemn; one appointed before his death, and after his resurrection. All that see the Lord Jesus with an eye of faith, will worship him. Yet the faith of the sincere may be very weak and wavering. But Christ gave such convincing proofs of his resurrection, as made their faith to triumph over doubts. He now solemnly commissioned the apostles and his ministers to go forth among all nations. The salvation they were to preach, is a common salvation; whoever will, let him come, and take the benefit; all are welcome to Christ Jesus. Christianity is the religion of a sinner who applies for salvation from deserved wrath and from sin; he applies to the mercy of the Father, through the atonement of the incarnate Son, and by the sanctification of the Holy Spirit, and gives up himself to be the worshipper and servant of God, as the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, three Persons but one God, in all his ordinances and commandments. Baptism is an outward sign of that inward washing, or sanctification of the Spirit, which seals and evidences the believer's justification. Let us examine ourselves, whether we really possess the inward and spiritual grace of a death unto sin, and a new birth unto righteousness, by which those who were the children of wrath become the children of God. Believers shall have the constant presence of their Lord always; all days, every day. There is no day, no hour of the day, in which our Lord Jesus is not present with his churches and with his ministers; if there were, in that day, that hour, they would be undone. The God of Israel, the Saviour, is sometimes a God that hideth himself, but never a God at a distance. To these precious words Amen is added. Even so, Lord Jesus, be thou with us and all thy people; cause thy face to shine upon us, that thy way may be known upon earth, thy saving health among all nations.

The WTS didn’t commission these men, God’s Holy Spirit did. Those that are found worthy to receive this commission has a great responsibility and an honor to be considered spiritually just to accept that commission. They don’t consider themselves above anyone, but work alongside all that accept the inspired word of God to be the solemn constitution.

In your world? Everything was developed by men for men. Then you’re making Jah to be a liar. Is God the liar or are you? I chose to believe it’s you!!!!!!!!

The ultimate goal for true Christians is, not just preaching and teaching but, Obedience to ALL of God’s Commandments, based on Christ instructions. A structure that is governed by God not man.

Hebrews 13:16-18 Context: Sacrifice, Obedience, and Prayer

…16And do not neglect to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased. 17Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they watch over your souls as those who must give an account. To this end, allow them to lead with joy and not with grief, for that would be of no advantage to you. 18Pray for us; we are convinced that we have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way.…

Matthew Henry Commentary

13:16-21 We must, according to our power, give to the necessities of the souls and bodies of men: God will accept these offerings with pleasure, and will accept and bless the offerers through Christ. The apostle then states what is their duty to living ministers; to obey and submit to them, so far as is agreeable to the mind and will of God, made known in his word. Christians must not think themselves too wise, too good, or too great, to learn. The people must search the Scriptures, and so far as the ministers teach according to that rule, they ought to receive their instructions as the word of God, which works in those that believe. It is the interest of hearers, that the account their ministers give of them may be with joy, and not with grief. Faithful ministers deliver their own souls, but the ruin of a fruitless and faithless people will be upon their own heads. The more earnestly the people pray for their ministers, the more benefit they may expect from their ministry. A good conscience has respect to all God's commands, and all our duty. Those who have this good conscience, yet need the prayers of others. When ministers come to a people who pray for them, they come with greater satisfaction to themselves, and success to the people. We should seek all our mercies by prayer. God is the God of peace, fully reconciled to believers; who has made a way for peace and reconciliation between himself and sinners, and who loves peace on earth, especially in his churches. He is the Author of spiritual peace in the hearts and consciences of his people. How firm a covenant is that which has its foundation in the blood of the Son of God! The perfecting of the saints in every good work, is the great thing desired by them, and for them; and that they may at length be fitted for the employment and happiness of heaven. There is no good thing wrought in us, but it is the work of God. And no good thing is wrought in us by God, but through Christ, for his sake and by his Spirit.

So, what’s the end result?

Ecclesiastes 12:13 Context: The Fear of God is Utmost

12But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body. 13The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. 14For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil.…

What does that imply, God will bring judgement upon those deceiving others with their own doctrine that is NOT based on the inspired word of God. GOD WILL!! Not you, me, or anyone thinking their ideology is above Gods sovereignty and inspired word. Something the WTS Does NOT claim to be, but does CLAIM to be fulfilling Gods commands by its commission.

When are you going to learn "MODERATOR"  Your actions are NOT the LAW of the land. Democracy wherever found will always find a way. Get it! JWinsider or however you pretend to be.

19 hours ago, JWTheologian said:

Are you suggesting that man will have become robotic? The inference will still be "freewill"

Nope, not robots at all.

My question to you to clear this up a bit would be what is perfection? 

Is perfection having an internal flaw? blemish? Or is it perfect without spot?

40 minutes ago, Eoin Joyce said:

Means "fit for purpose"

Is that all encompassing? Seems pretty general to me. If we look at the definition from a few sources it becomes a little more clear:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/perfect?s=t

adjective

conforming absolutely to the description or definition of an ideal type:
a perfect sphere; a perfect gentleman.
excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement:
There is no perfect legal code. The proportions of this temple are almost perfect.
exactly fitting the need in a certain situation or for a certain purpose:
a perfect actor to play Mr. Micawber; a perfect saw for cutting outkeyholes.
entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings:
a perfect apple; the perfect crime.
accurate, exact, or correct in every detail:
a perfect copy.
thorough; complete; utter:
perfect strangers.
pure or unmixed:
perfect yellow.

perfect

play
adjective  per·fect \ˈpər-fikt\
Popularity: Top 20% of words

Simple Definition of perfect

• : having no mistakes or flaws

• : completely correct or accurate

• : having all the qualities you want in that kind of person, situation, etc.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/perfect

per·fect

(pûr′fĭkt)
adj.
1. Lacking nothing essential to the whole; complete of its nature or kind.
2. Being without defect or blemish: a perfect specimen.
3. Thoroughly skilled or talented in a certain field or area; proficient.
4. Completely suited for a particular purpose or situation: She was the perfect actress for the part.
a. Completely corresponding to a description, standard, or type: a perfect circle; a perfect gentleman.
b. Accurately reproducing an original: a perfect copy of the painting.
6. Complete; thorough; utter: a perfect fool.
7. Pure; undiluted; unmixed: perfect red.
8. Excellent and delightful in all respects: a perfect day.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/perfect

adjective

1. The definition of perfect is someone or something that is excellent, correct and flawless.
  2. perfect

websters5.jpg
    1. complete in all respects; without defect or omission; sound; flawless
    2. in a condition of complete excellence, as in skill or quantity; faultless; most excellent; sometimes used comparatively: “to create a more perfect union”
    3. completely correct or accurate; exact; precise: a perfect copy
    4. without reserve or qualification; pure; utter; sheer; absolute: a perfect fool, perfect stranger
    5. designating a binding of books in which pages are glued to cloth or paper at the spine rather than having the signatures sewn together
    6. BOT. monoclinous
    7. GRAM. expressing or showing a state reached or an action completed at the time of speaking or at the time indicated: verbs have three perfect tenses: simple (or present) perfect, past perfect (or pluperfect), and future perfect
    8. MUSIC designating an interval of a unison, fourth, fifth, or octave

We must take into consideration the context of what the Bible is saying when this concept is being applied. While I do accept the answer you have given, I feel it is limited and does not apply itself to the context of where you place it within the Bible. Perfection is the lack of defect, flaw, sin, deceit, malice, slander, etc. Clinging to the only definition that can possibly apply to how the wt chooses to use it, does not negate the fact of what the word truly means. 

Lets not forget that the Greek word for perfect (G5048), which is found in the NT in Luke, John, Acts, 2 Cor, Phil, Heb, James and 1 John, NEVER appears in Revelation, where the wt has deemed the progress to perfection is being spoken of out of "new scrolls" being taught in Chapter 20. Also, if you notice that in Hebrews 10:14 we are told that Jesus, by His death and resurrection, has made perfect for all time those who are sanctified. not in a progression, but rather immediate. This sanctification is a putting aside for a purpose or calling. I am not saying that anyone is perfect right now, but the perfection comes when Jesus gives it and it is not a progression. 

4 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

Nope, not robots at all.

My question to you to clear this up a bit would be what is perfection? 

Is perfection having an internal flaw? blemish? Or is it perfect without spot?

In what context. Secular or biblical. One has to define the parameters. Someone mentioned if ADAM was perfect. The answer was “YES” God’s creation was made without sin and free to think for themselves. It was only after the introduction of evil intent that man was corrupted and manifested to imperfection through sin.

The Challenge of Christ, was therefore given that same parameter, but through his own free will chose to continue the path of righteousness, therefore becoming uncurroptable and answering one important question.

Can Satan corrupt free will? Jesus answered it by NOT being influenced by the Devil. So, that proves that MAN does have the ability NOT to be influence by evil and therefore can return to perfection, and one day will.

SECULAR, DEFINITION OF PERFECTION:

1.       the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects.

2.       a person or thing perceived as the embodiment of perfection.

3.       the action or process of improving something until it is faultless or as faultless as possible.

BIBLICAL, DEFINITION OF PERFECTION:

Deuteronomy 32:3-5 Context: The Song of Moses

3"For I proclaim the name of the LORD; Ascribe greatness to our God! 4"The Rock! His work is perfect, for all His ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He. 5"They have acted corruptly toward Him, they are not His children, because of their defect; But are a perverse and crooked generation.

Psalm 19:7 Context: The Heavens Declare the Glory of God

6Its rising is from one end of the heavens, and its circuit to the other end of them; And there is nothing hidden from its heat. 7The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. 8The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

Matthew 5:48 Context: Love Your Enemies

47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles do the same? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly Father is perfect.

Matthew Henry Commentary

5:43-48 The Jewish teachers by neighbor understood only those who were of their own country, nation, and religion, whom they were pleased to look upon as their friends. The Lord Jesus teaches that we must do all the real kindness we can to all, especially to their souls. We must pray for them. While many will render good for good, we must render good for evil; and this will speak a nobler principle than most men act by. Others salute their brethren, and embrace those of their own party, and way, and opinion, but we must not so confine our respect. It is the duty of Christians to desire, and aim at, and press towards perfection in grace and holiness. And therein we must study to conform ourselves to the example of our heavenly Father, 1Pe 1:15,16. Surely more is to be expected from the followers of Christ than from others; surely more will be found in them than in others. Let us beg of God to enable us to prove ourselves his children.

Hebrews 2:9-11 Context: Jesus Like His Brothers

9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because He suffered death, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone. 10In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting for God, for whom and through whom all things exist, to make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through suffering. 11For both the One who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are of the same family. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.

If you see this. JW’s embark in this everyday by their preaching work. A righteous commandment that is simplified in scripture, NOT the Governing Body. The GB did not make this up! It is “STATED” in the Holy Bible. JW’s don’t just preach to each other, which is the implication that is being made, but challenge everyone to receive a spiritual embodiment of excellence as to be seen come judgement day worthy of being in good standing to receive everlasting life, by acceptance, and obedience. What is the biblical example?

1 Peter 2:20-22 Context: Christ's Example of Suffering

20How is it to your credit if you are beaten for doing wrong and you endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. 21For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His footsteps: 22“He committed no sin, and no deceit was found in His mouth.

So your simple hypothesis, if perfection can be spotted or not is too vain. A perfect being can have spots and a spotted being can be influenced by sin.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.