The World News Media

Children Love Caleb and Sophia ????

Bible Speaks

18 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

JW  often  made  and  make  mistakes....  thats  right !

But  all  humans  are  imperfect.... :(

Why is “imperfection” always the excuse?  Because perfection cannot be reached?

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’  But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.  For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brethrenonly, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect."  Matt 5:43-48

If we are continually reminded of our imperfections, progression toward becoming perfect is never thought to be achievable. 

WHO doesn’t want JWs to become perfect?

• Views 4.8k
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, not at all. No mention of messengers in my post. The message, however, was my focus. Sorry if that was not clear. 

@James Thomas Rook Jr. It comes down to conscience matter. Yet, the qualities it shows young ones and adults, makes its point just like any of the videos. Like pictures I make, I enjoy making them wit

@James Thomas Rook Jr. It comes down to conscience matter. Yet, the qualities it shows young ones and adults, makes its point just like any of the videos. Like pictures I make, I enjoy making them wit

Posted Images

2 hours ago, The Librarian said:

@Eoin Joyce resorting to attacking the messenger rather than his message? 

Sometimes when we don't like an irrefutable truth it is easier to attack the messenger.

????

Edited to add. While I was writing something here and before I pressed 'submit' I saw a message pop up that Eoin was just then already responding so I quickly removed everything I had written so that I could first read what Eoin's take on this had been. It sounds like Eoin was thinking about the same thing that I was.  It has always been my experience that Eoin is one of most careful to avoid actually attacking the messenger. It has been my experience that he makes the forum a pleasure because he deals with the subject matter rather than the personalities. It's not that I don't know what it might have sounded like he was saying, but the very fact that it might have sounded like he meant something that he didn't actually say is an opportunity to check our own pre-judgments about what was meant.

My original response was going to include:

Why does my current response in this topic remind me of Proverbs 27:17? 

• (Proverbs 26:17) 17 Like someone grabbing hold of a dog’s ears Is the one passing by who becomes furious about a quarrel that is not his.

Of course, I was happy to remove it (initially) because I didn't want anyone to think I was calling them a dog.

4 hours ago, JW Insider said:

It has always been my experience that Eoin is one of most careful to avoid actually attacking the messenger. It has been my experience that he makes the forum a pleasure because he deals with the subject matter rather than the personalities.

You both! :)@JW Insider @Eoin Joyce

4 hours ago, JW Insider said:

because I didn't want anyone to think I was calling them a dog.

I like dogs :D

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.