The Librarian

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Starting from 3:05 he refers to "an effort" that was made in past to see how Society's curriculum corresponds with normal - worldly - universities. Then he claims that following question was aske

I never heard that reading one bound volume was the equivalent of 2 years Bible education, but a regular diet of literature does make JWs highly educated!  I wonder where you came up with the figure "

Starting from 3:05 he refers to "an effort" that was made in past to see how Society's curriculum corresponds with normal - worldly - universities.

Then he claims that following question was asked (to university representative) "how we in five months can teach the same that for them takes two years"?

According to W Samuelsson the representative of a university replied something like this: "Your students are motivated, they have come to learn where as our students have been send to university by their parents and might have something else than learning in their mind". This is to crystallize what he said. Please watch the video for exact words.

But I mean seriously to claim that university students just are killing time in university and don't have any goals nor discipline to study is an insult towards university students. Of course there are some individuals that do fit this description but to generalize in that way! Jesus!

Further more comparing Watchtower education with University is just ridiculous.

I remember a CO in the 80s said reading an Awake! bound volume was the equivalent of 2 years' of university education. Since maybe 1 out of 100 JWs had ever gone to college, in what kind of a position were they to contradict these "facts," especially when they're being thrown around by WT luminaries. 

22 minutes ago, Jay Witness said:

I remember a CO in the 80s said reading an Awake! bound volume was the equivalent of 2 years' of university education. Since maybe 1 out of 100 JWs had ever gone to college, in what kind of a position were they to contradict these "facts," especially when they're being thrown around by WT luminaries. 

I never heard that reading one bound volume was the equivalent of 2 years Bible education, but a regular diet of literature does make JWs highly educated!  I wonder where you came up with the figure "1 in 100 JWs have gone to college", sounds like you just said that off the top of your head, and remember:  First century believers were scoffed at and called "unlettered and ordinary"  If I were you, I wouldn't esteem the "wisdom of the world" as the Bible calls it! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2017 at 11:35 PM, Jay Witness said:

Further more comparing Watchtower education with University is just ridiculous.

It is ridiculous. Your other chart from Pew shows how there are far more educated people than Jehovah's Witnesses.

How is that world doing that they have collectively built?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.