World Forum
Jack Ryan

WT: Damaris rejects a scholarship and chooses to work in a bank instead because she PLANNED to become a pioneer. If she planned to pioneer, why did she even apply for university in the first place?

2 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

to utilize their time better in service of God, rather than in service of man.

... and now you can open discussion about what me, you, other, WTJWorg think about -  What does in fact is content, relevance, intent of phrase: IN SERVICE of GOD, and on other side HOW LOOKS to be IN SERVICE OF MAN :))))))

Final product of theoretical and practical action of someone (single or in group) who is "in service of God is/are" something as follow:  

1) I'm certainly right and everyone else is wrong

2) God loves me because I love him

3) I belong to the only true religion, so I'm sure right when I do this service of god in this way

4) My religion (me and my bro and sis, elders) is not perfect but is the best in the whole world

:)))

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

... and now you can open discussion about what me, you, other, WTJWorg think about -  What does in fact is content, relevance, intent of phrase: IN SERVICE of GOD, and on other side HOW LOOKS to be IN SERVICE OF MAN :))))))

I would have to say, the relevance would be ones, mortal soul. Judgment does not end with death. Just like there is no concrete proof one’s life will flourish by attending college. I believe the evidence shows, the makeup and reality of humanity evolve around the 1%, which the rest will have to be satisfied with what they can get. I know of at least 100 people of different religious background that have completed college, and they are stuck in a minimum wage job. Some have asked for government assistance, while trying to either work off their student loans, by being obligated to work for the government to receive credit or figure out, how to pay the student loans before the interest becomes overwhelming. It took a friend 10 years to pay off his loans when he graduated to be a dentist. A year later, all those 12 years he spent in college, became unsatisfactory to a point, he now works for a company that has nothing to do with dentistry. Does someone need a college degree to flip burgers?

Meanwhile, without having to qualify the reference as an anticlerical rolling commentary? Not looking at service as lord and master but serving with joy, Ephesians 6:7 then the illusion becomes reality. 1 Peter 4:11

Did the Watchtower coin the phrase?

https://www.gospeltruth.net/1841OE/410331_true_service.htm

Or can it be found in many passages in scripture?

Can a true religion “allow” for the killing of others? How many Christian sects pray over wars or associate themselves with it?

https://www.christianitytoday.com/history/issues/issue-33/preaching-holy-war.html

http://library.cqpress.com/cqresearcher/document.php?id=cqresrre1942072400

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_war

Do these Christian religions qualify under just this one example in the eyes of God? Then ask the same questions as posted? To receive the answer. 1 Corinthians 12:5-6, 1 Peter 4:10-11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT-affirming_religious_groups

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_affirming_LGBT#North_America

3 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

I know of at least 100 people of different religious background that have completed college, and they are stuck in a minimum wage job............to pay the student loans ................................

About minimum wage and high education. That is problem of "market" and need for this or that profile of workers, where you live - in what part of world, how is economy in your country etc, etc. So, accepting advice - go to be doctor or go to be blacksmith depends, in my opinion, on various factors (individual, social and so), and as such it is not good for person to make conclusion on basis of his "religious insight" about answer; when will end come? So why to be doctor, in NW doctor will be without job :)))) 

If you choose wrong, and finally end as professor or plumber, do not blame  god or  devil for that, blame yourself, or  your advisers if you need to blame others. Blame greedy people, bad circumstances, wrong day of your birthday, wrong country where you live, tornado or flood, ....and remember that you read in Bible, " All share a common destiny—the righteous and the wicked, the good and the bad,[a] the clean and the unclean, those who offer sacrifices and those who do not." -- "So I took all this to heart and concluded that the righteous and the wise, as well as their deeds, are in God’s hands. Man does not know what lies ahead,whether love or hate"

"Their deeds, are in God’s hands" this is not light statement, but one of interpretation could be that your god will, wish, plan  for you is to be doctor and not window cleaner with half time job and other part in pioneer service with wt magazine. Can that be possible? Yes, if you believe in meaning of Ecl verse and statement that human are clay and god is potter, who shape you as he wish (or in harmony with facts, who you are at this moment, your deep state of heart, mind and other unknown facts that reveal who you really are)  :)))  

Do not seriously accept all here said from me, I just gave to myself some freedom to interpret mix of bible, wt, worldly  and personal "insight".

About costs for study. It depends where you live. So, in some country it is not so difficult to pay some costs for high education. Again, perhaps you and your friends living in wrong country. :))) Need for this or that profile of workers are problematic and many jobs that not required more years in school are empty because young people are not interested to work simple jobs or skill jobs, but reasons for that are many and  people can see why, so here is no need to talk about that. 

7 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

I know of at least 100 people of different religious background that have completed college, and they are stuck in a minimum wage job.

You need to associate with a smarter group of people.

If your master's degree is in French Literature .... you have shot yourself in the foot, and paid for the bullet.

What will that qualify you to do? Nothing that I can think of off hand.

If you are in a room full of 100 college graduates, and 50% have what is my opinion, a generally useless degree, that shows the 50% is completely divorced from reality.

So, you have 50 people left, while the others are stewing in their own expensive fantasy world.

Then there are perhaps 40 people who are not willing to relocate as needed to where the jobs are, so they have tied their own hands behind them.

Risk taking and bold action is often a crucial job requirement.

So you have ten people left out of the original hundred, and 5 have no idea how to write a good resume, interview well, or are just hateful, mean, belligerent, or ugly people with no people skills whatsoever.

That leaves 5 people.

Then you have the last 5 people that perhaps studied Petroleum Engineering, Nursing, Hotel Management, or any number of valuable subjects, but reality is that they tested well, but in the workaday world, they couldn't find a door with a map. 

Or perhaps they have even an advanced degree in some valuable subject, and have let the sounds of their own wheels make them crazy, and are bat crap crazy, .... and decide after a $70,000 education,  to sell daisies, or make really cool table candles ... man.

I have a cousin who went to college for 9 years, and is as useless as teats on a bull, because he is just plain clueless. He goes around in a Star Wars robe and a a fake light saber.

Infinite Variety.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

You need to associate with a smarter group of people.

Sound’s condescending to single me out and my friends, and confrontational. Does it have anything to do with personal insecurities? Perhaps, there are some who suggest they are better and there are better groups of people within this vast world. I will attribute that to social dogma. However, I will agree,  association and keeping from being part of this world, does have its merits.

Therefore, you just made a strong argument that higher education doesn’t control one's destiny. Since the majority of us have to interact with a vast amount of different cultures? Then, the percentage will either go up or down depending on how governments interact with its people.

I believe Mr. Srecko made a point to suggest I live in the wrong country. If living in the United States is the wrong country? I will leave that up to those that live within their own nation. But, there is also a criteria, on how 1000’s want to come to America if their own country is so prosperous.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate your honest reply, but the fact of the matter is this:

You have your opinions on how the Universe and the "Real World" operates ... and I have mine.

The Universe does not care about either of our opinions ... only what the facts really are.

OF COURSE

3 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

Therefore, you just made a strong argument that higher education doesn’t control one's destiny.

I never said it did.

Ever see the movie "Dr. Zhivago"?  An older movie well worth the effort to find and see, starring Omar Sharif, and Sir Alex Guiness (Obi-wan Kanobe) .  Dr. Zhivago is in Siberia or somewhere in the winter during the Russian Revolution of 1918, and he is freezing .. so he leaves his "girlfriend's" apartment and starts destroying someone's fence for firewood to take back.   His Brother is a policeman spying on him, and see's this, but lets him get away with it.

The brother muses (paraphrased) "You know ... my brother is a Doctor, and I am just a policeman ... but that does not bother me ... I have killed people much better than me with a small pistol."

OF COURSE chance and circumstance befall us all .... but other things being equal ... the race is not always to the swift ... and the battle is not always to the strong .... but that is the way to bet.

In any horse race you are going to be at a decided disadvantage ... if you are a cow.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

I believe Mr. Srecko made a point to suggest I live in the wrong country. If living in the United States is the wrong country? I will leave that up to those that live within their own nation. But, there is also a criteria, on how 1000’s want to come to America if their own country is so prosperous.

Please Billy, my expose is not to offend you, your homeland, origin or else. Apologize if you took my explanation this way. :( 

All countries are wrong and wright. Something is better or not. Or people who live in particular country are satisfied with situation and for them their country is right place to live. For his neighbor next door can be opposite. 

All best, greetings from Croatia. Many people left my country for economic reasons. Well, for them something in our country is wrong. I am ok, so have no need to flee in USA or Switzerland :)))  

9 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If you are the smartest person in a room .... you are in the wrong room.

??why this forum computer system, rules not allow me to give Haha , Like and Upvote symbols  for one and same comment? This and some previous.

@Nicole Not all banks, to name a few, ones such as Morgan Stanley and or Barclays, you can go from banker to help desk eventually to project manager for infrastructure/computer migration, and eventually senior project manager, you can secure a position with Dell, HP and the like to get workers via Recruiter and for such ones the cycle repeats itself. Career paths vary for some and each path opens door to opportunity, in the end, what is important is making a living to cloth and put a roof over yourself and anyone of whom you wish to live your life with and have children with, things like that, a help would be friends and relatives.

But yeah, all that life and experience I have in this category, give back things to Caesar and at the end of the day you do what is right and needed in the eyes of God.

One thing for certain, there is a lot of hate and discrimination in the world place, I had quite a lot of that, but never has it stopped be from doing what is needed, this goes for everyone, regardless of who they are, and the examples can be seen, mainly with those who have succumb to homelessness, a community of which I take part in helping when I have the opportunity.

At the end of the day, it is the choice of the individual, one can encourage someone to do something, but it is always up to the individual, regardless of their age, race or sex, to make that choice.

Therefore, I really do not see the freak out over a choice that is not of our own, but of the individual, some people love banker jobs.

@Space Merchant thanks for your comment and the information, which I already knew the most part.  As I said before: 

"for instance, in some banks in Central America I know you have to get higher education to work in banks unless you work as a cleaning person"

And this apply even if you are going to work only as a teller. You must have a Business Administration, Accounting or similar career degree to work for them

You said:

"Therefore, I really do not see the freak out over a choice that is not of our own, but of the individual, some people love banker jobs"

I agree, specially because refering again to what I said about some banks in Central America  and having a degree,  I can't critizice my colleagues.  😊

• Upvote 1