The World News Media

Let us Appreciate Brother Lett

TrueTomHarley

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Before you choke in indignation, recall that forensic techniques are used all the time in many fields and people never discard the results on that account.

I remember the story about the Coroner who looked at a dead body in a New York Apartment, carefully examined it, and wrote on the death certificate "Death by Natural Causes".

They turned the body over, and their was a knife in it's back.

.... same thing.

Some things are just NOT "good enough".

• Views 9.3k
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many sincere brothers now are quick to defend the mistakes of the past by saying that the number of little ones who were stumbled was actually a good thing. We've seem multiple comments on this forum

I was there, and paying attention. I know better.

Hmmmm... I thought the Governing Body was supposed to be faithful and discrete slaves .....   ministering to ..... to the brotherhood. The IDEA of providing " food at the proper time" is not to s

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

"Death by Natural Causes".

Old Smothers Brothers joke went something like this:

• Tom: My uncle died of natural causes.
  • Dick: Oh really? When, where, tell me more?
  • Tom: Yep. He got hit by a truck.
  • Dick: Got hit by a truck? I thought you said it was natural causes.
  • Tom: Well . . . . It was a dirt road.

12 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Before you choke in indignation, recall that forensic techniques are used all the time in many fields and people never discard the results on that account.

In movie reviews, reviewing someone else's reviews being acceptable as an actual "review" is word subversion.

It has the advantage that you do not have to do the work of actually analyzing the movie, and giving your honest opinion of the movie, but is is EASY, and you do not have to think at all .... just superimpose your preset and predetermined agenda ONTO the movie, and claim credit for having reviewed it.

... which you in reality ..... did NOT.

On 8/16/2018 at 11:41 AM, JW Insider said:

To be fair, I think all this talk about the importance of obedience to men is a mistake.

I'm not sure what you mean by that

The problem, in my opinion, is that this emphasis on the importance of obedience to men has now been associated (e.g., summer conventions) with a kind of future "fear-mongering" about the conditions we can expect during the great tribulation. It creates an even heavier load by making us overly concerned about the next day, when we would prefer to think that seeking first the Kingdom would have freed us from such anxiety, throwing our burden upon Jehovah, knowing that Christ's load is light, and his yoke is kind.

I understand what you are saying and believe you are right to some extent. It depends on the person I think though. For example non of the friends that I know seem to be too worried about the conditions during the great tribulation, me included. I can't speak for the others, because I have not discussed this to any depth, but what I find disconcerting is that this "future obedience" is being used as the reason to "obey now". I would think that a sufficient reason would be that without cooperation (I prefer that expression to obedience, because children are expected to be obedient to parents, but adults should be expected to cooperate with other adults) we could not accomplish much. I mean it's common sense. Why the need to emphasize a situation which is based on Biblical examples for survival of the past in the Hebrew scriptures, but doesn't have much support in the Gospels or the rest of the Greek scriptures? Most of the time we do not talk about the need to obey instructions in order to be saved. But it is mentioned every now and again, it was mentioned at this year's summer convention. On the other hand, this weeks mid meeting work book under the section  "We must prepare spiritually so that our deliverance will be assured" makes no mention of  obedience to some instructions but says these are the things which will help us get saved: "developing TRUST IN JEHOVAH, which gives us COURAGE, which leads us to a POSITIVE ATTITUDE, which coupled with BROTHERLY LOVE enables us to ENCOURAGE fellow believers."  (based on Luke 21:28) That makes much more sense to me and follows more what Jesus had in mind. It seems like this "obedience to instructions" is thrown in there randomly every once in a while, without real basis.....

This time, by associating these unspecified ways in which we will need to show obedience to men with a certain level of fear-mongering about the great tribulation, we will pay more than the usual attention to men.  (Emphasis mine)

You have a point

The Bible indicates that this method can backfire.

• (Proverbs 13:12) 12 Expectation postponed makes the heart sick,. . .

Yes. And I think it's already backfiring to a small extent. Although I know quite a few elderly brothers and sisters who are as faithful as ever and are reconciled with the fact that they may die before the new system comes. Some of their children on the other hand are finding it more difficult...

Yes indeed:

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?”

8 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

In movie reviews, reviewing someone else's reviews being acceptable as an actual "review" is word subversion.

It has the advantage that you do not have to do the work of actually analyzing the movie, and giving your honest opinion of the movie, but is is EASY, and you do not have to think at all .... just superimpose your preset and predetermined agenda ONTO the movie, and claim credit for having reviewed it.

... which you in reality ..... did NOT.

Next thing you know the charge will be collusion.

This is a witchhunt!

Sad.

11 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Next thing you know the charge will be collusion.

This is a witchhunt!

Sad.

Very simple solution:

Don't do the things witches do ... like try to make something out of magic ... like reviewing a review of a movie that you have not seen, and calling it a REAL movie review, of ANY type.

If you only have a pig, you can CALL it a Giraffe ..... reality is ..... it will only oink.

.... and yes ... it is sad.

18 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

TTH:

You want a movie to REALLY review?

It's a little 9 minute movie about  intellectual integrity punished to conform to a prepackaged organizational agenda driven "truth"

Try THIS one !

Agenda Driven Truth .mp4

Not much of a movie, more of a small clip and or video based on the particular subject of said material of which it is trying to convey.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.