The World News Media

An Open Letter To Mark Zuckerberg

admin

Dear Mark, (I know we aren't on a first name basis .. so pardon me that)

You created a "forum" that went viral and shook up the world. All forum admins everywhere have been trying to learn your secret to success ever since.

Governments are trying to figure out what to do with Facebook. They love it and hate it at the same time.

However, your shareholders greed has come to the point where they are endangering the precious baby you created.

No one has ever seen a company pivot from desktop to mobile as fast or as successfully.

With all that said, let me offer my humble opinion on your platform. Ads (as I have on this website are ok and acceptable to the public)

All the other creepy uses of user's data are just creepy and not worth even touching.

Facebook is getting KILLED in the privacy and trust arena which is critical and very tough to ever recover.

Here are a list of moves that should never have happened and hopefully you'll be able to roll back to recover:

• Allow users the ability to control their OWN newsfeed completely. I mean down to the granular level. (Think about how that would reduce your responsibility for creating people's newsfeeds for them only to later hear them complain about how you suck at that)
  • Keep ads OUT of the newsfeed. Settle for banner ads and make billions off of the user interaction increase. (Less can be MORE)
  • Don't throttle Page / Group owner's views of their posts to their audience. These "publishers" / (companies) create interaction. Throttle them and you throttle interaction that the rest of the forum admins in the world would die for. (This will ignite the entire platform) Your Publishers and Page owner's created your platform's ubiquitousness. Then you abandoned them in order to charge them. They have mostly left now along with the users)

There are more including a complete brand refresh that we should talk about someday. Facebook is dying but it can still be revived and grow even more.

Imagine what could be accomplished in the ecommerce area alone? But that lack of trust is killing you.

Anyways, I wish you all the best.

Forum Admin

• Views 398
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic