TrueTomHarley

• Views 2k
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From what I can gather here about you, I think that most of the 130 do not believe you are evil, and probably do not wish to treat you badly, but as you say, they THINK they are following the rules. A

Expelling is Biblical. That's true. But what is the method and are Christians under some kind of rule of law that needs to be applied uniformly in all situations? What if it was a principle that is go

If you are referring strictly to Bible-based discipline, the WT leaders still have no clue how to do so in love, since they are more concerned at protecting an image than the individual.    They fall

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Outta Here said:

?? The info you have provided???

You feel condemned? The problem is that you are presenting the same charcteristics as those you condemn others within the congregation for having. You may not actually intend this, but you seem to be doing the same thing as those you yourself condemn . So, that would lead to the conclusion that you are self-condemning. But I don't think that is what you are aiming at, is it?

??? I thought you said:

I can see that the JW org has trained you well, especially in twisting things people say. Just like the Elders, you twist things to try to gain the advantage. That in itself is reason enough for me not to get involved. 

This is all good fun and passes the time, so not to be taken too seriously.

You are fully aware of the differences between my position and the position of the Elders that have the full information, so I can laugh at you for trying so hard to condemn me. Anna too knows the difference but it seems that she too needs to get some self satisfaction from her comments. So be it, as I've said i am my own man and need no approval from humans. 

And if you do not know the difference between asking for advice as apposed to seeking approval, then you are not very well educated. 

35 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Explain in detail please. 

I see you genuinely do not get it. Perhaps that is the crux of the problem. You do not seem to understand that just as you have a dilemma and reasons, then so do others. You do not know what the elders know. Could there perhaps be extenuating circumstances that you have no idea about that are preventing them from going to the police?  You say they know more about the matter than you. As you see, there can be very complex issues involved. You mentioned a few yourself. Regardless though, you should still go to the Police/Social services and let them figure out whether they should take action. Several of us have already advised you of this. Also, read @Outta Here latest comments to you.

14 minutes ago, Anna said:

I see you genuinely do not get it. Perhaps that is the crux of the problem. You do not seem to understand that just as you have a dilemma and reasons, then so do others. You do not know what the elders know. Could there perhaps be extenuating circumstances that you have no idea about that are preventing them from going to the police?  You say they know more about the matter than you. As you see, there can be very complex issues involved. You mentioned a few yourself. Regardless though, you should still go to the Police/Social services and let them figure out whether they should take action. Several of us have already advised you of this. Also, read @Outta Here latest comments to you.

This is all totally off topic. However it's like this. I asked for advice on the problem i was facing. I received advice from many angles. I acted on some of the advice i was given. So, I didn't ignore all the advice. Yet I'm still being 'shot down' for using some of the advice i was given. I did say it would be a no win situation for me. Iws right. 

As for Outa Here, I read all of his/her comments. It does not mean i have to act on them. 

And if the Elders had acted correctly at the time, then we would not be having this conversation. That in itself proves my point of why i left the JW Org. 

25 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

I did say it would be a no win situation for me. Iws right.

But it's not about you. It's about the children.

25 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

And if the Elders had acted correctly at the time, then we would not be having this conversation

But you don't know what "acting correctly" would have been at that time, do you, really?

2 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

That in itself is reason enough for me not to get involved. 

Very wise strategy Mr Butler. He who fights and runs away etc.....

Your conduct in this at present classes you quite squarely with the people you condemn. You're seeming to be cut in the same spineless, self-saving mode. And the little children? ...Why , just let them suffer. 

You might be thinking that turning your back on those whom you define as ones who "have the full information" might in some way exonerate you, but really, you are just seeming to fill up the measure of Zeph.13:4.

3 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:
4 hours ago, Outta Here said:

I can see that the JW org has trained you well

Yes, that is your assessment. You're just grasping at straws here. You don't really know how I have been trained, or who trained me. 

Anyway, I don't think you are a bad man Mr B. at the moment. You leave yourself too exposed for that. I think  Anna has you pretty well taped on this so I'm going to live up to my tag here. You've had your advice and chosen to ignore it.

14 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:
On 11/30/2018 at 5:41 PM, JOHN BUTLER said:

I think some on here are brothers of 'high rank' in the JW Org. So would you take it further ? 

.... He’s wise to you, @James Thomas Rook Jr.. Get on it.

I read somewhere that it is inappropriate for a man to bathe in past glories.

Now that I am retired, the only rank I have, is bathing infrequently.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.