The World News Media

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

Most people notice appearance. Ever looked for a job as a truck driver?  No job if you look like a pot smoker..... Get real.   

When on field service we want to look  decent and clean cut so as to not bring reproach on Jehovah.  No Rasta T-shirts, dreadlocks to create impression that you smoke pot for religious experiences.   Nothing to do with race - but appearance does matter. 

So what you are saying is that those who don't look the way YOU want them to, are not worth your time? I hardly think that Jesus would do the same. In fact I think it has been demonstrated enough times in the Bible where Jesus did exactly the opposite. Not to mention, John, wasn't he wearing rags for clothes and eating locusts in the wilderness? Did that bring reproach on Jehovah? 

Yeah, you have summed up your position completely. I get it and frankly if that is how jw's are, which I am know many are, you can keep that among yourselves. We have enough bigots in the world already.  Please don't spread. 

• Views 885
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously you do not know much about the Rastafarian movement.   They smoke pot and wear dreadlocks.  It has nothing to do with race but all about this "brand of religion" worn as a visible symbo

wow, so you do align with the view that Jack Ryan was describing.   Singling out someone and making assumptions based on looks.   Nice example of stereotyping! 

That's why SOME men used to like Hillary Clinton Pantsuits.

4 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

what you are saying

This phrase is a way of rephrasing what the other person has said to give it a personal and nasty twist....

Race does not matter... period.... but the way you present yourself - this does matter.   I always present myself in a neat way.  RASTA does not look neat...... it always looks asif your hair has not been washed for 6 months and it "may " have some fleas lurking somewhere.

4 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

hardly think that Jesus would do the same

That is YOUR opinion. Jesus did not own a house or have a prestigious worldly job...... but the soldiers threw lots for his garment. Why?  Because it was of good quality.   Jesus must have looked decent and properly dressed for the preaching work.

Again: not racist clothing but fit for the job at hand.....

23 hours ago, Arauna said:

Most people notice appearance. Ever looked for a job as a truck driver?  No job if you look like a pot smoker..... Get real.   

When on field service we want to look  decent and clean cut so as to not bring reproach on Jehovah.  No Rasta T-shirts, dreadlocks to create impression that you smoke pot for religious experiences.   Nothing to do with race - but appearance does matter. 

When I see jw men all dressed up, I can't tell the difference between them and mobsters, lawyers, politicians, ands shady TV evangelist.

18 hours ago, Arauna said:

This phrase is a way of rephrasing what the other person has said to give it a personal and nasty twist....

no need to add anything, you said it yourself. 

RASTA does not look neat...... it always looks asif your hair has not been washed for 6 months and it "may " have some fleas lurking somewhere.

your personal opinion, but that part is fine. It is treating others different because of how they look is the problem.

That is YOUR opinion.

No that is scripture, Matt 8, did Jesus avoid/ treat the leaper any different then others? 

You do realize that lepers looked different, right? Sores, mostly dirty, etc. 

2 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

When I see jw men all dressed up, I can't tell the difference between them and mobsters, lawyers, politicians, ands shady TV evangelist.

funny you mentioned that list, isn't that the kind of person whom they would like to be portrayed as?  Someone with some sort of clout? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2019 at 12:38 AM, Shiwiii said:

You do realize that lepers looked different, right? Sores, mostly dirty, etc. 

Lepers are not dirty - depending on circumstances.  I will study with any leper as I have had a study with a Rasta - dispite his pot smoking and his unhealthy looking hair...... because I saw the person behind the crazy hair and valued him as a person. 

BUT I did expect him to change his appearance as he grew in knowledge about Jehovah.   SPIRITUAL GROWTH BRINGS CHANGE -  did you change? 

On 10/17/2019 at 10:02 PM, Matthew9969 said:

Well a person should not just judge by appearance - that is very immature.

But first impressions do count. So being neat and not have some outrageous fad in your dress is recommended.

@Arauna I would say people of different cultures have a view of strangers and assume things, that is, before they get to know them. Pretty much any person is like a book, you don't know unless you read.

I had some run ins with bad people who don't want to heard anything about the Bible but I've met some good folks who do, and be it a good or bad apperance, all people differ and their culture. 

For us Latinos tho, we are kinda a close bunch so we are open to hear from one another, especially when speaking the same language, especially if it is about family. 

On 10/31/2019 at 10:41 PM, Arauna said:

Lepers are not dirty

context, surrounding those at that time. I wasn't saying in our time. 

I will study with any leper as I have had a study with a Rasta - dispite his pot smoking and his unhealthy looking hair...... because I saw the person behind the crazy hair and valued him as a person. 

good, but I hardly believe this to be common among other jws. I could be wrong though. 

BUT I did expect him to change his appearance as he grew in knowledge about Jehovah.   SPIRITUAL GROWTH BRINGS CHANGE -  did you change? 

why do you or anyone expect another to change their appearance based on what the gb says is good or not? 

Of course spiritual growth brings change, and I have changed who I was to who I am. The difference is that I am not changing for ANYONE here on Earth, not my appearance anyway. If I do change my appearance it is for me and no one else. 

John 7:23 Now if a boy can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing a man’s whole body on the Sabbath? 24 Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.” 

Well a person should not just judge by appearance - that is very immature.

You just said that you expected the rasta to change his appearance. Do you see why some of us just can't comprehend the jw thought process? You are told two different things at the same time. "Don't judge by appearances, but you should dress this way or cut your hair like this. "

This is the type of thing, while rather small, that makes some point to the gb AND jws as hypocrites. It only applies when YOU want it to. 

But first impressions do count. So being neat and not have some outrageous fad in your dress is recommended.

I have found nothing in the Bible to support this, maybe you can provide it for us? 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.