The World News Media

DO THE GB HAVE PLANS FOR THE COMING GREAT TRIBULATION ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

42 minutes ago, Shirley Lowery said:

In reply to my statement, our beloved  Governing Body,

I respect your choice of words and feelings. 

What is little quirky is that individual (you in this example) using their Title, Function and Position they as individuals have in Company aka WTJWorg. I would understand and accept that you consider them as nice or dear or loving. Because your inner person have such feelings and perception. 

What make visible difference is way and purpose when you address them in, i would say informal context, on Forum like this. I think that would be impossible (for now) to hear GB members how start their public talk or Letter with: "Our beloved Members". :)) It is more "natural" to say Our beloved Brothers....in mutual communication.   

To speak of them as "Our beloved Governing Body" is a clear acceptance of stratification and classification, to those who are clergy and to those who are layman.

Why is it not good that you express yourself like that? But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. - Mat 23

• Views 1.4k
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the idea IS to have plans. But personally I don't think we should need plans as God can save anyone anywhere at any time regardless where they are. Only the ones who "worship" the organ

Dear sister, I don't think anyone here was questioning Jehovah.

To make little digress. "Wait on JHVH" is the best advice given in publication. But this recommendation is functional only for "final thing", for example Armageddon.  In all other "earthly" issue

9 hours ago, Shirley Lowery said:

I have the original photos taken with them too!

I think this proves how much you worship your Governing Body.  

9 hours ago, Shirley Lowery said:

These imperfect men were appointed to our Governing Body, that Jehovah entrusted though his holy spirit to take care of his Worldwide Organization.

You have proof ?  No...... But by their works you will know them.  And their works show that they have exalted themselves as mentioned in Luke  14 v 11

For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”

From 1927 until 2012, this faithful and discreet slave was interpreted as all anointed Jehovah’s Witnesses. (see Jehovah’s Witnesses – Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom, p.626).

Since July 15 2013, Jehovah’s Witnesses have been told – and now believe – that the “Faithful & Discreet slave” is their governing body only. Confirmation of this fact is found in  The Watchtower July 15 2013 page 21, paragraph 10:

And your Governing Body has told all the Anointed Ones NOT to meet together, and your GB have threatened the Anointed ones that if they DO meet together they will be 'working against the Holy spirit'.

10 hours ago, Shirley Lowery said:

Yes, I personally feel that  these appointed imperfect men,, is our beloved  Governing Body, also referred to in the Bible, as The Faithful and Discreet Slave!

Your Governing Body are NOT  referred to in the Bible, as The Faithful and Discreet Slave! 

In fact no one in the bible is referred to regarding the F&DS. It is a Question asked in the bible.   Matthew  24 v 45

“Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?

However  your GB chooses to misuse this scripture to pretend it is them, BUT, they deliberately deny verses 48 & 49 of the same chapter which does refer to them. 

“But if ever that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’b 49  and he starts to beat his fellow slaves and to eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, 

10 hours ago, Shirley Lowery said:

They look to the Universal Sovereign, Jehovah, and to the Head of the congregation, Jesus, for guidance.

The Watchtower Society and JW Organisation Leaders have never looked to God or Christ for guidance. If they had done so they would never have made false predictions about Armageddon.  They continue to do so even to this day.  They tell people that we are living in the final part of the final day, when the scriptures tell us that no one will know the day or the hour.  

I strongly suggest you stop worshipping the GB and start serving God through Christ

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

To speak of them as "Our beloved Governing Body" is a clear acceptance of stratification and classification, to those who are clergy and to those who are layman.

I must admit I have not heard anyone express themselves about the collective brothers on the GB as if they were one person.. Usually the brothers will say: "the brothers at HQ", or "the brothers who are taking the lead", when referring to the GB. I am sure Shirley meant each individual, as she later qualified her statement by saying she met some of the members individually.
The GB view themselves individually as the "domestics" just like all brothers and sisters are the "domestics" when it comes to spiritual nourishment. Collectively though, they do apply to themselves the term the slave or GB. None one of them can act independently, but only as a body. There has to be majority vote for any any organizational or doctrinal  decission to pass. But I am sure you already know this

In answer to me worshipping The Governing Body, is not true! I dedicated my life to serve Jehovah, I belong to Jehovah, I live for Jehovah, and I will die for Jehovah! I deeply respect our 8 Governing Body members! They have the authority from Jesus Christ, who is the Head of the Congregation, and his heavenly Father, Jehovah, has given him the authority to rule in heaven! They direct the Governing Body, through Jehovah's holy spirit, over Jehovah's Worlwide Organization as a Body!  I just don't understand why 4Jah2Me is even allowed to be on this website, he plainly stated he is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses!  To me, he's an apostate trying to confuse us, true Jehovah's Witnesses on here! I joined this website, because as one of the true over 8 million and growing Jehovah's Witnesses,  I believe in Jehovah, and have my own personal relationship with him, now for 48 years, and I will never question, or doubt anything about Jehovah, or his appointed  anointed ones, by his holy spirit, the 8 Imperfect men, who have Jehovah's approval, and backing 100%. 

12 minutes ago, Shirley Lowery said:

I just don't understand why 4Jah2Me is even allowed to be on this website, he plainly stated he is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses! 

This is an open club, there are some ex-witnesses on here. If you want to join a JW only club then I suggest:

www.jwtalk.net 

You will like it 🙂

@Shirley Lowery  I'm sorry to read your words of worship toward your GB.  It really is so sad that you think your GB are directed by God's Holy Spirit, because they even admit that they are not....  As you say, in the eyes of JW's I am an apostate. But the disciples were also apostates, apostate to the Jewish religion or way of life. Remember that they stopped offering animal sacrifices and were accused of many things by the Pharisees.   So, my being apostate to the JW religion does not stop me serving God through Christ. 

There is so much GB worshipping on this forum it is sickening.  Give praise only to Almighty God through Jesus Christ. 

1 hour ago, Anna said:

I must admit I have not heard anyone express themselves about the collective brothers on the GB as if they were one person.. Usually the brothers will say: "the brothers at HQ", or "the brothers who are taking the lead", when referring to the GB. I am sure Shirley meant each individual, as she later qualified her statement by saying she met some of the members individually.
The GB view themselves individually as the "domestics" just like all brothers and sisters are the "domestics" when it comes to spiritual nourishment. Collectively though, they do apply to themselves the term the slave or GB. None one of them can act independently, but only as a body. There has to be majority vote for any any organizational or doctrinal  decission to pass. But I am sure you already know this

I know that you are sure how i already know this :)) and i am sure how you saw that i try to show better perspective on matter to your sister Shirley in polite way.

Perhaps your way of understanding on, how Shirley have personal experience with few GB members and how such contact with them caused/brought special feelings for few of GB members and in the end for all 8, is fine. 

I don't know did you noticed how publications using word "slave" only in FDS/GB context, and word  "servants" about all other JW members. Perhaps GB have to apply Bible terminology if they want be closer to original text and spirit of words. "FDS" would be better name for image/outside look of 8 men.

Title GB gave idea only about GOVERNING, what is in fact real function of GB in WTJWorg Administration. When you use Faithful and Discrete Slave, that sound softly, tender and cause more sympathy in the listener. Slave!  Do you hear that word? Man feels sorry for the one who is a slave.

If JW members want to apply Mat 24 on GB,  than you also need to accept fact how illustration in Matthew speaking about slave's responsibility or to be in charge only for one function: to to give, to share food that is already ready and prepared. Jesus is Bread and Water, Jesus is Food. His Teachings and Role Model are that Food. Well, job for "slave" is only to share what Jesus thought people, in words and in deeds. Nothing about governing over "servants". Jesus is King and Governor. 

Of course, GB members have good life, and are not slaves at all. They are not slaves in any aspect of the meaning of that word. They are not slaves even in the context of Matthew 24.

I am sure you already know what i think of this issue :) 

3 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

Your Governing Body are NOT  referred to in the Bible,

Exactly same as with word trinity.

Because trinity as word not exists in Bible, logic tell us that trinity is not Bible Teaching.

Because words governing body not exists in Bible text, logic tell us that this is not Bible Teaching.

:))

On 12/13/2020 at 11:12 AM, 4Jah2me said:

So Armageddon removes the Devil and his demons, and removes all those humans judged as wicked.  Then those judged as 'worthy' will be carried through to the 'new world' / new way of life here on earth. 

But I don't think that is what you believe. I think I've read words from you that Armageddon is already in action ???  Are you saying it's in the mind / in the heart ? 

I do believe the earth will be cleansed of all evil, but there's more to it. There is a physical manifestation devised by Satan to divert the attention of the anointed in the WT (and all), and a spiritual manifestation based on truth battling against lies.   I thought of posting a long article on here, but if you go directly to the blog link, the scriptures pop up, which does not work in the interests of this forum.  The article was written by the husband of Pearl Doxsey, an anointed one.

http://armageddon-obadiah.blogspot.com/

8 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Title GB gave idea only about GOVERNING, what is in fact real function of GB in WTJWorg Administration. When you use Faithful and Discrete Slave, that sound softly, tender and cause more sympathy in the listener. Slave!  Do you hear that word? Man feels sorry for the one who is a slave.

Yes, I hear that word, but translated to mean -

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravening wolves."  Matt 7:15

Their true identity as wolves appears when we dare question their teachings and their "authority"...as "slaves".  

Jesus said to them, “The kings (elders) of nations  have power over their people, and those in authority call themselves friends of the people. ("beloved GB")  But you’re not going to be that way! Rather, the greatest among you must be like the youngest, and your leader must be like a servant.  Who’s the greatest, the person who sits at the table or the servant? Isn’t it really the person who sits at the table? But I’m among you as a servant."  Luke 22:25-27 GWT

13 hours ago, Shirley Lowery said:

Their work is twofold: They oversee the preparation of Bible- based  instruction through the publications, meetings, and school's of  Jehovah's Witnesses! They look to the Universal Sovereign, Jehovah, and to the Head of the congregation, Jesus, for guidance. You can find all this information in my reply on J.W. Org!

"The man of sin will come with the power of Satan. He will use every kind of power, including miraculous and wonderful signs. But they will be lies. 10 He will use everything that God disapproves of to deceive those who are dying, those who refused to love the truth that would save them. 11 That’s why God will send them a powerful delusion so that they will believe a lie. 12 Then everyone who did not believe the truth, but was delighted with what God disapproves of, will be condemned. 2 Thess 2:9-12 GWT

How does God "send" the delusion?  1 Kings chapter 22 gives us an example.

On 12/14/2020 at 6:59 AM, Shirley Lowery said:

We couldn't hold it in other countries, like they used to have years ago, because of the Pandemic, so another letter from The Governing Body, said, we were going to have all 3 days on JW Stream, but it was by invitation only,

Thats horrible, my church would never have a 'by invitation only' service.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.