The World News Media

Not that I care, but the argument "I have to wear a beard for medical reasons" always reminded me of the case when Moses was delaying

xero

• Views 3.3k
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reason there is so little common sense, is simply that common sense is not that common. Ever bit a bee?

Veeeeerrrry Simple: 1.) Jehovah God made men with beards.   ..... that's it .... no secondary points needed.          

And you should have seen the control-freak jerks when I tried to give a talk without pants! “It is remarkable, that persons who speculate the most boldly often conform with the most perfect quiet

5 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Circumcision was also adopted by some Semitic peoples living in or around Egypt. Herodotus reported that circumcision is only practiced by the Egyptians, Colchians, Ethiopians, Phoenicians, the 'Syrians of Palestine', and "the Syrians who dwell about the rivers Thermodon and Parthenius, as well as their neighbours the Macronians and Macrones". He also reports, however, that "the Phoenicians, when they come to have commerce with the Greeks, cease to follow the Egyptians in this custom, and allow their children to remain uncircumcised."[22]

I still remember when my Guardian took me to the Vet, telling me I was going to get tutored .....

24 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

mply that common sense is not that common

People also come from very diverse backgrounds with tattoos allover, tattoos in their hair and previously had no sense of what is decent or common...... I met a young man on field service with God is dead tattooed on his shaven head in georgia. We had an interesting conversation....

21 hours ago, Anna said:

They are not ordering anyone on how to dress, they merely remind them of scriptures such as: 1 Tim 2:9 and 1 Pet 3:4

Oh I didn't know they mentioned wearing a suit and tie in the scriptures. The Elders really did kick off at me when i used to attend meetings in an open neck shirt and no jacket in the heat of the summer. The summer weather that God himself created for our enjoyment, but by rules of men, people are made to suffer. 

13 hours ago, Arauna said:

People also come from very diverse backgrounds with tattoos allover, tattoos in their hair and previously had no sense of what is decent or common..

Reminds me of something an Elder once told me. He and his wife were hippies before becoming JWs, and he had long hair and his wife wore miniskirts. They were invited to a Memorial and that was how they were when they attended. He said, all the brothers were in suits and ties and all the sisters were in long dresses or long skirts, and he said they just felt terrible. But everyone there welcomed them just as they were.... So yes there is a balance to be met, and as you say diverse backgrounds mean diverse tastes

39 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:
8 hours ago, Anna said:

They are not ordering anyone on how to dress, they merely remind them of scriptures such as: 1 Tim 2:9 and 1 Pet 3:4

Oh I didn't know they mentioned wearing a suit and tie in the scriptures. The Elders really did kick off at me when i used to attend meetings in an open neck shirt and no jacket in the heat of the summer. The summer weather that God himself created for our enjoyment, but by rules of men, people are made to suffer. 

One elder from Bethel and from the former congregation objected that it was wrong for me to go to the podium without socks. Namely, in the summer I would sometimes wear summer shoes, but without socks. It bothered him a lot and he gave me sermons / litanies about it several times. Maybe he did it because he was originally from Germany. So; order, work and discipline. ;))  

Moses was  a prince before and well-educated.  He was the chosen one of Jehovah. Something to say when they came up against him.... Yet,  when others treated him badly he remained mild tempered.  So why can we not comply without a temperamental attitude. This attitude beats me. 

I have told sisters who work with me in Arabic field (preaching to Islamic people) to wear a long dress with sleeves - no matter how hot it is.  They can wear a long cotton dress.  Why?  I understand the Islam  culture and how it may affect their attention to our message and respect for women. These sisters could become difficult if they want to -  but I will not take them along. 

Am I a dictator ?  ...or am I watching out for them, for Jehovah and our message!   

2 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

The Elders really did kick off at me when i used to attend meetings in an open neck shirt and no jacket

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

One elder from Bethel and from the former congregation objected that it was wrong for me to go to the podium without socks.

And you should have seen the control-freak jerks when I tried to give a talk without pants!

“It is remarkable, that persons who speculate the most boldly often conform with the most perfect quietude to the external regulations of society.” Nathanial Hawthorne 

50 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

“It is remarkable, that persons who speculate the most boldly often conform with the most perfect quietude to the external regulations of society.” Nathanial Hawthorne 

That’s right, sometimes we are burdened with internal conflicts.

That’s right, sometimes we’re hypocritical as we expose other people’s mistakes.

That's right, sometimes we publicly advocate general / social justice and truth, and yet something inside us tells us that it's not all exactly what it seems.

And what can be done about it? It can get out of an organization in which people are not really ready to face their own and other people's conflicts about what is true and accurate and what is not. And to stop speculate.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.