Jump to content
The World News Media

Can a Person Resign From Being One of Jehovah’s Witnesses?


Patiently waiting for Truth
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Member

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/resign/

Yes. A person can resign from our organization in two ways:

  • By formal request. Either orally or in writing, a person can state his decision that he no longer wants to be known as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

  • By action. A person can take an action that places him outside our worldwide brotherhood. (1 Peter 5:9) For example, he might join another religion and make known his intention to remain part of it.—1 John 2:19.

But be careful because Elders will still pretend you were disfellowshipped 

 

What if a person no longer preaches or attends your meetings? Do you view that person as having resigned?

No, we do not. Resigning, or disassociating oneself, is different from becoming weak in faith. Often, those who for a time slow down or stop in their worship have not abandoned their faith but are suffering from discouragement. Rather than shunning such ones, we try to give them consolation and support. (1 Thessalonians 5:14; Jude 22) If the person wants help, congregation elders take the lead in providing spiritual assistance.—Galatians 6:1; 1 Peter 5:1-3.

However, the elders are not authorized to coerce or pressure someone to remain as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Each person makes his own choice regarding religion. (Joshua 24:15) We believe that those who worship God must do so willingly, from the heart.—Psalm 110:3; Matthew 22:37.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Views 3.1k
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You are not understanding. Therefore you pray in this way: “Our Father who is in heaven, may Your name be treated as holy.”  Matt 6:9 Jesus and his disciples never used a word that is

You might want to get your facts straight.  I have never "denounced" YHVH/YHWH.  I use it frequently.  And I have never denounced "Adonai", or "Abba", or the "Ancient of Days", or "Elohim".  It is not

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/resign/ Yes. A person can resign from our organization in two ways: By formal request. Either orally or in writing, a person can state his d

Posted Images

  • Member

Don't worry about it, the angels already removed you.  

41  The Son of man will send his angels, and they will collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and people who practice lawlessness, 42  and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace.h There is where their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth will be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member
55 minutes ago, BroRando said:

Don't worry about it, the angels already removed you.  

41  The Son of man will send his angels, and they will collect out from his Kingdom all things that cause stumbling and people who practice lawlessness, 42  and they will pitch them into the fiery furnace.h There is where their weeping and the gnashing of their teeth will be.

No Rambo, I left the JW Org which is no part of God's Kingdom. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member
15 minutes ago, Peter Carroll said:

to resign you must have applied firstly ,if thats how you thought you WERE a jw ,then you never were a jw,

The elders kindly rejected her by telling her that she was not ready to be baptized.  She refutes using Jehovah's Name because Jehovah's Name is not upon her. As you can see by her past writings.  She will say God or Almighty God but treat his Name with disrepect. Go get baptized in the Catholic Church or that sect from Waco.. David Koresh... 

 

All the peoples of the earth will have to see that Jehovah’s name has been called upon you, and they will be afraid of you. Deut 28:10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member
9 hours ago, Peter Carroll said:

to resign you must have applied firstly ,if thats how you thought you WERE a jw ,then you never were a jw,

This makes no sense, but then that is the JW way of things.

I was a baptised JW for many years. Many years of ministry which I enjoyed at the time. 

And they must have been sure I was a JW when they used me to say a prayer at a special meeting concerning a brother that had been murdered in our local Kingdom Hall. 

So yes I was definitely a JW and I'm not ashamed of those years. 

However it seems to be you JWs that are showing your bitter, cold hearted side now. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member
9 hours ago, BroRando said:

The elders kindly rejected her by telling her that she was not ready to be baptized.  She refutes using Jehovah's Name because Jehovah's Name is not upon her. As you can see by her past writings.  She will say God or Almighty God but treat his Name with disrepect. Go get baptized in the Catholic Church or that sect from Waco.. David Koresh... 

 

All the peoples of the earth will have to see that Jehovah’s name has been called upon you, and they will be afraid of you. Deut 28:10

Rambo / Billy the Kid / and whatever other AKA's, you are sooooo funny.

You see rambo you have let yourself down again by all this dribble. You write serious stuff then you write dribble. :) 

YHWH remember rambo. That is what we have, YHWH.  We do not have a J in it or a V in it. YHWH.

YHWH is Almighty God's name. Because that name is so important, then those letters are also so important.

Changing the letters changes the name rambo.  That is the insult to Almighty God. 

You believe the name Jehovah only because other MEN have told you to believe it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member
On 11/20/2021 at 4:03 PM, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Elders will still pretend you were disfellowshipped 

To twist it like that and use those words!  ....... wow!   If you do interfaith or live a debauched life then you have automatically put yourself out of the congregation and do not receive holy spirit; and angels will not assist you any longer.  God and his organization do not mix with unrepentant people who willfully continue to break his principles! It depends on how long you have done so! 

It is very few people who leave who have not broken some bible principles...... even if it boils down to a very stinky attitude!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member
1 hour ago, Arauna said:
On 11/20/2021 at 3:03 PM, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Elders will still pretend you were disfellowshipped 

To twist it like that and use those words!  .

One of the longest serving Elders in my ex-congregation, phoned my wife and told her, that I had been disfellowshipped. 

I was sat right next to my wife at the time.  But my wife and a couple of 'brothers' know the truth about it all. 

I am now in the process of requesting all my records from my ex-congregation. I'm using the Data Protecion Act, which is the legal way to do it here in England. I have received an email from another Elder to tell me that my request is being delt with and that I should 'hear from them shortly'.  It would be nice to read what they have put on my records, and even nicer to have proof that i was not d/fed.  However if i receive information from them that says I was d/fed I would consider that to be slander. 

By the way, I would imagine that every JW or ex-JW has broken many bible principles. We are all imperfect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member
7 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Rambo / Billy the Kid / and whatever other AKA's, you are sooooo funny.

You see rambo you have let yourself down again by all this dribble. You write serious stuff then you write dribble. :) 

YHWH remember rambo. That is what we have, YHWH.  We do not have a J in it or a V in it. YHWH.

YHWH is Almighty God's name. Because that name is so important, then those letters are also so important.

Changing the letters changes the name rambo.  That is the insult to Almighty God. 

You believe the name Jehovah only because other MEN have told you to believe it. 

It's so obvious you're an impostor and a fake.  Jesus own name referrs to Jehovah.  Guess she never beleived in Jesus either, since his name means 'Jehovah is Salvation'  (Exodus 23:20-21, Philippians 2:9-11)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member
14 minutes ago, BroRando said:

It's so obvious you're an impostor and a fake.  Jesus own name referrs to Jehovah.  Guess she never beleived in Jesus either, since his name means 'Jehovah is Salvation'  (Exodus 23:20-21, Philippians 2:9-11)

But Jesus' real name is Yeshua. So no J.  

Jesus (IPA: /ˈdʒiːzəs/) is a masculine given name derived from the name IESVS in Classical Latin, Iēsous (Greek: Ἰησοῦς), the Greek form of the Hebrew and Aramaic name Yeshua or Y'shua (Hebrew: ישוע‎). As its roots lie in the name Yeshua/Y'shua,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member
58 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

But Jesus' real name is Yeshua. So no J.  

Jesus (IPA: /ˈdʒiːzəs/) is a masculine given name derived from the name IESVS in Classical Latin, Iēsous (Greek: Ἰησοῦς), the Greek form of the Hebrew and Aramaic name Yeshua or Y'shua (Hebrew: ישוע‎). As its roots lie in the name Yeshua/Y'shua,

Then stop speaking ENGLISH and speak Hebrew.

Yeshua means "Yahweh is Salvation"   Get over it you big fake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.