The World News Media

Bro Rando is a rogue jw, which jw's here believe in him?

Matthew9969

• Views 14.5k
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, I wish all this whining about the organization would quit. You'd think these idiots would be able to better able to prioritize their annoyances. With these idiots the answer to the question:

He feels like a bot. But his web site appears to be well made. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about it.

I put it first on my own blog. It’s also in TTvtA. It didn’t carry the day with that Reddit bunch, but then they ARE a hostile crowd. And even I have to admit those mannerisms do take getting use

Posted Images

1 hour ago, xero said:

@Witness No, you need to stop being lazy, and write it all down along w/your commentary explaining each verse. Hop to it.

Spoken like a devoted elder.  🙂  Acts 5:29

One more - Gal 1:10

14 hours ago, xero said:

Stop it with the whiny self-sparing behavior already! :)

You know, it is expected that we stand up in defense of God’s word.  The scripture I used (Acts 5:29)  is the same one that was repeated to me as a JWs many times, and to keep in mind when my faith was challenged.  When JWs use it, is it in a self-sparing way?

I think it bothers you because I am using it against a leadership figure (past or present) of a religious organization; challenging your doctrine ,and standing independently in my beliefs by using scripture to back up my words.

No man should stand between God and the one who puts faith in Him. (1 Tim 2:5) However, the entire organization’s setup has ensured power and dominance over all JWs.  (Luke 22:25-27)

@Witness What bothers me is your lack of contributing anything illuminating w/regard to the Bible.

When did you learn anything new? If you haven't learned anything new, you're dead inside.

7 hours ago, xero said:

@Witness What bothers me is your lack of contributing anything illuminating w/regard to the Bible.

When did you learn anything new? If you haven't learned anything new, you're dead inside.

I don’t know how you determine that, when you don’t read my posts, since you said you ignore them.  But that’s your choice.  

Someone could tell you that they have the “key” to open the door to pure truth outside of your organization. That would be solid, real, spiritual truth.  Would you accept it? Would anything that person tells you, convince you that indeed, he has the “key” leading to everlasting life? 

John 10:7-9; Rev 3:7,8   Jesus has the key.  And I'm always talking about Jesus.  

“On the last and most important day of the festival, Jesus stood up and shouted, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to meand drink! 38 The one who believes in me, as the Scripture has said, will have rivers of living water flowing from his heart.”  John 7

He is the source of living water, not the Watchtower; and Jesus doesn’t work through the Wt.  Why?  Does water in a river, ever flow backwards? It represents teachings – his teachings that the apostles protected.  Any anointed one who deviates from those teachings by inserting falsehoods and the doctrine of men, does not have the source of living water within him.  (Matt 7:15-20)  Living water from Jesus, is always living. The teachings remain. (John 15:16) It moves in one direction – continual, uninterrupted, truth.

In the last days, a major false prophet is spoken of in the book you make fun of – Revelation. (Rev 13:11,12) This prophet directs a “Beast”, an organization; its movements, its teachings.  It directs the Beast to “make war with the saints”.  Rev 13:5-7. The composite prophet was warned about, by Jesus.

“…“Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

What is the sign?

In reply, Jesus told them, “See to it that no one deceives youbecause many will come in my name, proclaiming, ‘I’m the Christ’ and they will deceive many people.  “Christ” means anointed.

“At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look here! The Messiah!’or ‘There he is!’, don’t believe it, 24 because false messiahsand false prophets will have arisen and will produce great signs and startling demonstrations so as to deceive, if possible, even the elect.”    Matt 24

Do JWs even consider these scriptures?  Nope. You’re blinded to them.  Especially the “elect” – the anointed.

Then He said, “Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and, The time is near.’ Don’t follow them.”  Luke 21:8

Since CT Russel, “the time is near”, “the time is at hand”, has always been preached.  In the last 150 years, there has only been one major entity of false prophets that has continually contrived predictions of Armageddon, that never panned out, and involved the “elect”. JWs accept the failed teachings as failed predictions, yet go right along and swallow down the 1914 lie. (2 Thess 2:1,2)  Recently, “new light” was introduced about the resurrection.  It is so obvious that they had no clue over the years what Jesus’ words meant.  They must have borrowed the meaning from someone else.  They “borrow” phrases from Pearl Doxsey all the time, the anointed one that is also blasphemed here. The GB know exactly what threat to their teachings Pearl holds over them, yet they slyly steal phrases from her articles?  Hypocrites!  They have no ”living water” flowing from their heart.  (Luke 6:45; 1 Tim 4:1) 

I don’t know what type of "illumination" you have gathered in the organization; perhaps its status, power, a good reputation;  but all of that is physical and it means nothing, just as the teachings mean nothing.  (John 6:63)

The water that comes out of the GB’s mouth is from a different source, not that of Jesus. (2 Cor 11:4;1 Tim 4:1) It would be a blasphemy to say it is. Jesus promised those who remain in him, “good fruit” that lasts.  The evidence of their lack of producing good fruit is in the dead, discarded teachings the leaders once pawned off as “truth”, which makes it a lie.  Only the spiritually blind and deaf wouldn’t recognize a false, failed teaching as actually a lie, when the evidence becomes clear to anyone else.  (Isa 42:18)

Knowing that Armageddon is not a bloody war that some people here salivate over, is illuminating.  2 Cor 10:3-6

Knowing that Jesus began ruling in the first century (Ps 110:1,2),  the “thousand years” has already ended, and the Kingdom will never be interrupted by Satan once Armageddon is finished, is illuminating.

Understanding what “this generation” really refers to, is illuminating.

Realizing that the Temple of God in the anointed “living stones” is being restored, is illuminating. (Mal 3:1-4; Matt 17:11; Rev 11:1-3)

Turning directly to Jesus, the source of living water;  and uniting with those who love living water, is illuminating.

Taking off the mental chains of the Watchtower, no matter the cost, no matter what is lost in this life…is illuminating.  (Col 2:8; Rev 13:15; 11:1-3,7,8,11,12;15:2;Mark 8:35; Isa 29:18)

This is a time of division, in beliefs among the anointed, and whom they choose to rule over them; false prophets, elders…or Jesus Christ. It is not a time for "tickling the ears". (2 Tim 4:3)  They, inside, who have been gathered for this war, (Rev 16:13-16) and those anointed who were killed by the Beast, are the “kings of the earth” at war; the same type of war Jesus fought against the Pharisees – truth against lies.  (Rev 1:5; 19:19) The same type of war the apostle fought when preaching the doctrine of Christ.   It is the “kings of the earth” who have been surrounded by the false prophet, her organization and the demonic expressions from Satan.  Rev 16:13-16. 

Every one of you, are choosing which side you want to “believe” in. Joel 3: 142 Thess 2:9-12

Matt 7:13,14 - “Enter through the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who go through it. How narrow is the gate and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it.”

The road into the Watchtower is not difficult, it is a road that promises “peace and security”  once reaching the organization, and a broad road promoted as the “way” to the  “the best life ever”.  1 Thess 5:3

None of that, is what Jesus preached when we deny ourselves, and take up our "stake" and follow in his footsteps.  Luke 9:23  Do you see the GB in their shiny suits, fancy watches, pinky rings, stationed in their glamourous studio, denying themselves to follow Christ?

Unless those in charge here remove my membership, I am sure I’ll continue to make comments about the same thing; scriptures, truth in Jesus Christ, and the need to flee from the Watchtower. 

Rev 18:4 - Come out of her, My people,
so that you will not share in her sins
or receive any of her plagues.
For her sins are piled upto heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.

47 minutes ago, Witness said:

Rev 18:4 - Come out of her, My people,

Rev 18:4 - Come out of @Witness, My people,

@WitnessI'll make it simple. In order for anyone to be convinced that you're capable of learning anything new about the bible, you have to state what you don't know and then go from there until you have some idea. Then you submit the same to others and see if they see the same thing or if you aren't reading things into scripture which aren't really there.

Take for example the trumpet blasts in the book of revelation. I know the current arguments from the society about these, but these don't work for me. I say to myself "A convention!?". Now I know the book of acts highlighted the anointing w/holy spirit on an arguably tiny number in a what the world would consider an inconsequential location, however this event IS part of the Bible, and for these and other facts I believe it was in fulfillment of scripture.

These trumpet blasts of revelation having their fulfillment in some conventions just doesn't have the same gravitas as pentecost, so I take the interpretations as speculation, not definitive fact.

So I say openly, that I'm not quite sure about any of that and I'm hopeful that with more study whatever I can learn about this will become clear over time.

You don't waste your time puffing yourself up as if you're needed to rescue people from some (in your view) false ideas.

Work on yourself.

I don't need to read much of what you spew, because it's the same old crap. You appear (I was going to say ARE) to be so incredibly full of yourself. Who else do we know who doesn't know how to be brief? Anyone who can't be brief needs to learn how.

TLDR is what people do with people who can't do that. Now Pudgy is great because he doesn't take himself seriously, but he does take ideas seriously and intersperses the same with humor - a great teaching tool. I think Jehovah is much more likely to listen to his prayers than a bloviating pharisee (whose chief complaint is that they aren't the HEAD pharisee)

On 7/21/2022 at 8:11 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

A brother in our congregation who works with the deaf, who himself has deaf ones in his family, casts doubt on this. Rather, he says it is from long habit of battling Bell’s palsy, which paralyzes the face and which you overcome by deliberate working of face muscles. In response to my questioning, he said he had it “on good authority,” so I rate it probably 90% as being true.

A few months ago, I looked up "Stephen Lett" together with "Bells Palsy" in Google to see if I could find anything on this. I found out that TTH had presented an article about Stephen Lett called Let us Appreciate Stephen Lett (https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/96dllz/let_us_appreciate_stephen_lett/)

The article was from 4 years ago, and there was a later edit from TTH which said:

Edit: It turns out that Brother Lett has grappled with Bell's palsy, which paralizes facial muscles on the affected side, and as part of rehab, he got into the habit of exagerated facial movements, a habit that stuck, or is perhaps even still advisable. The elder telling me this said, when I pressed him, that he had it "on good authority." Knowing him, I rate it as probably a 90% chance. So you never know. You just don't.

Even before locating that, I had already clicked on another much more recent comment in reddit that said:

According to what I read he had Bells Palsy and his exaggerated facial expressions were acquired over time in response to trying to overcome the nerve damage.

I don't know if that more recent comment had been picked up through TTH's comments, or if it was from an independent source.