The World News Media

What factors were behind the rapid growth of Christianity in its first few centuries?

xero

6 minutes ago, Witness said:

on the politics of the world

You forget that Jesus was accused of political sedition.  We are at present being maneuvered into a similar situation. When we do not accept the new morals of the great reset - we will be accused and maligned as all kinds of things.  The bible says that the true followers of Christ will be persecuted.  We are not greater than our ruling King..

I have just been well trained by the GB literature to recognize bible prophecy when I see it.  Fortunately, I do have somewhat of an interest in world events - NOT politics.  You will not find me taking sides with any of the political wars or ideological divides going on at present.  I just watch how these divides  fulfill prophecy.

• Views 4.3k
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we tend to misinterpret Acts 20:20, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't preach from house to house. I'm only saying that this isn't what that specific verse is about. We tend to impose a meanin

I dunno. I think this is more like my son-in-law not going to another house until he has cleaned out my fridge.

This is not a slight to you but I use it to raise a new thought: Has anyone noticed how the media disparages anyone who does good research and brings the truth to others?  Wikipedia just writes

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

You forget that Jesus was accused of political sedition. 

Who accused him, but his own people?  Who accuse any anointed "kings" and JWs, who speak against the religious system of their own people?  Why are they disfellowshipped, if it isn't for sedition?

Luke 21:12-15 - "But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. On account of My name they will deliver you to the synagogues and prisons, and they will bring you before kings and governors. 13This will be your opportunity to serve as witnesses. 14 So make up your mind not to worry beforehand how to defend yourselves. 15 For I will give you speech and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict."

A judicial committee of "kings"/elders (who represent the anointed "kings of the earth") prompted by your governors, decides the spiritual fate of those who are determined to follow the truth in Jesus Christ, and not the false doctrine of the governors.  

And that fate is considered a spiritual death. (John 16:2-3; Rev 13:15)  They "die" for truth, not a half-truth, but Christ's truth - his words that are not adulterated by the words of false teachers; and follow in the footsteps of Jesus - NOT the footsteps of leaders who deceive all of you into believing a truth can be changed out, just as a light bulb may need changing.  How clever of Satan to twist the concept of a lie, as past or present "truth".   I can't imagine Jesus ever using the term "new light".  It is a form of excuse for failed doctrine. 

In Israel, people accepted false teachers among them - to lead them without questioning or "testing the spirits". (1 John 4:1; Jer 23:16) They accepted the idols that their leaders demanded to be worshipped. (Exod 32:8;1 Kings 12:28-30;Hos 8:5-6; Rom 1:25; Rev 13:4)

God sent His prophets to warn them of their sins.  Usually, only a small number took heed of that warning.  It is promised that God sends a prophet in the last days to warn His people of their sins and to restore the priesthood, and truth,  in the Temple of God. (Mal 3:1-4; Matt 17:11; Rev 11:1-3)   They have been deceived by the very men who have trained you to look into Satan's world for fulfillment of prophesy.

Do you really think Satan, in the last days, wants the anointed remnant to know the truth of the fulfillment of Revelation, especially since he has asked to sift them as wheat? He uses DECEIT to do this and what does he use to accomplish deceiving them?  He has the ability to perform "signs and wonders" in the world under his control.  He can make happen what he wants to make happen, just as in Job's day.  

What else does he use?

2 Cor 11:3,4,12-15 - "I am afraid, however, that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may be led astray from your simple and pure devotion to Christ. For if someone comes and proclaims a Jesus other than the One we proclaimed, or if you receive a different spirit than the One you received, or a different gospel than the one you accepted, you put up with it way too easily.

But I will keep on doing what I am doing, in order to undercut those who want an opportunity to be regarded as our equals in the things of which they boast. For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their actions."

1 hour ago, Arauna said:

You will not find me taking sides with any of the political wars or ideological divides going on at present.  I just watch how these divides  fulfill prophecy.

I don't believe you would take sides.  I see how you are diverted down the wrong path, and applying Revelation's prophesies about the fulfillment of the last days, to Satan's world; just where he wants you to look.  And there is plenty to look at.

Luke 17:20-21 - The Pharisees asked Jesus when God’s kingdom would come. He answered them, “People can’t observe the coming of God’s kingdom. 21 They can’t say, ‘Here it is!’ or ‘There it is!’ You see, God’s kingdom is within  you.”  

What we treasure in our heart is what will determine whether we are in the Kingdom. (Matt 6:19-21)  If we treasure what we see developed by spiritual leaders - an organization that is said to lead one to salvation, an organization who's failed prediction are known world-wide, it's unsound doctrine, it's determination to silence people who can't accept its lies - then we have filled our hearts with corruptible treasures on this earth; and those particular treasures have their part in Satan's scheme to mislead the anointed. (1 John 5:19)

Col 3:1,2 -  "Since you were brought back to life with Christ, focus on the things that are above—where Christ holds the honored position—the one next to God the Father on the heavenly throne. Keep your mind on things above, not on worldly things."

That's impossible to do, when an organization and its leadership has trained your eye to look into the worldly things for the the end-time fulfillment.  

53 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

E50AE205-0D71-4C5D-9859-C32E4D02AC1B.jpeg

It's such a bad entity that the Wt leaders needed to become one its NGO members.  Maybe becoming a member of its library wasn't the real reason.  Maybe they were compelled to do some undercover work to find out just what the "wild beast" was really up to.  

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

E50AE205-0D71-4C5D-9859-C32E4D02AC1B.jpeg

Huh! Here I write a long message for Pudgy only to find he does not accept messages! Very well, with one tiny change, I’ll put it here:

“Thinking suggested on the closed forum that we post there and not on the open one, due to the constant fighting with those who truly do hate Jehovah’s organization and all it stands for and haven’t moderated a whit over eons of time. There was widespread agreement that it was an idea whose time has come.

I’m sure it’s not the end of participation on that open forum, but at least for a time I would expect it to be much less. 

In your new persona, you have not joined the closed group as your old persona did. I’m sure you’d be welcome there, as your old persona was. You know how to behave and keep your darkest grumblings in check. 

It may be you prefer squabbling and raucous posts. If so, it’s a valid choice. But you will get much less support here from Witnesses, I’m afraid. For the time being at least (it could change) they have moved on.

Why don’t you show up on the closed as you previously did: “Surprise!”

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

Well the "propaganda" that you hate is here.  Soon the flour and oil will be so expensive you will not be able to afford it.  Then you will think of the words of "propaganda" from the GB that you hate to much.  I do feel sorry for you because I do not wish what is coming even on the worst of the enemies of Jehovah.  But his has been predicted and now it is here!

Yes we know the Scriptures, but they are from GOD, not from your GB. You pretend that your GB are the only ones that know anythig about scripture.  If you want to believe that your GB are the F&DS and that they are the ones to guide YOU then so be it.  

Of course i know Armageddon is coming and the world conditions are getting much worse. But i do not trust your GB or the helpers, or the Watchtower magazine, to guide me.  However i do believe that Yeshua will provide guidance for those he wishes to know truth. 

9 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Keep building your castles on the sand as you people do not know what solid foundation is. 

What I found interesting about Tom's words, were "due to the constant fighting with those who truly do hate Jehovah’s organization and all it stands for"

Nothing said about the Father and the Son, but about an organization.  I don't think he can deny that there are those on here who have kept their faith in God and Jesus after leaving the Wt.   Is that not the important thing?  

Where does his faith lie?  Does he believe that God and an earthly organization are inseparable?  

“To whom will you compare me or make me equal? Who will you measure me with, so that we should be like each other?"  Isa 46:5

Thanks for the kind invitation TTH, but the reason I left before is I was offending some very fine people with a very different sense of humor.

I realize that because of the general nature of what I am accused of, I am assumed guilty until proven innocent, and it looks like that resolution may take several more years, until it goes before a jury. 

For that reason alone, I initiated and asked the Elders to disfellowship me, and reluctantly, they eventually did, so the Truth may not be spoken of abusively.

I have learned to live without support from anyone, and may survive this …. Because, after all … it’s “one to a box”.

0CD1AB74-A79E-4F58-9F58-AB2F91BA97C5.jpeg

F98EDAE8-63E9-44B7-ABB8-5EEFB88E78ED.jpeg

1 hour ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Well done Mr Tom. Go hide in the closet. It must be funny in there,

It’s called “conducting yourself in the house of God, which is the congregation of the living God” deporting oneself with reasonable respect for those who have given their all in Jehovah’s service. Pudgy knows how to do it. That’s why the invitation is extended to him.

1 hour ago, Witness said:

I don't think he can deny that there are those on here who have kept their faith in God and Jesus after leaving the Wt.   Is that not the important thing?  Where does his faith lie?  Does he believe that God and an earthly organization are inseparable?  

Oh, cool your jets, you crazy malignant woman who quotes scripture by the truckload but never finds the one that applies. Review the above verse again: 

“…that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in God’s household, which is the congregation of the living God…” 1 Timothy 3:15

Note that it is not just “me and Jesus, or even “me and Jehovah.” It will not do to spew hatred toward the congregation, at the same time wrapping yourself in the robe of your holier than thou love of God and Jesus. 

“If anyone says, “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For the one who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.” 1 John 4:20

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.