The World News Media

Regarding Some Common Questions About the Ransom

John 12.24to28

13 minutes ago, boyle said:

You must have nice neighbors that are willing to show you respect. Do you think "all" neighborhoods are nice? What would be the difference between your neighbors showing you respect, and you, not respecting God's earthly arrangement? Are your neighbors then better people?

The word "neighbor" can mean not just the people next door, but anyone we meet. "Who really is my neighbor?" There are many people who don't show me any respect at all, but I am trying to do the best I can to respect them as much as I can under the circumstances. It is more difficult to respect those in authority when they abuse their authority and hurt you, but it can still be done, respecting their position or respecting the authority Jehovah allows them to have at present. The scripture "We must obey God as ruler rather than man" has helped me many times to distinguish what steps to take in certain situations where men in authority over me demanded I do something that was not in harmony with God's will - I had to go against what those men said and they called me all kinds of names and treated me harshly and punished me in different ways - but we have to put Jehovah first no matter what. I obey those men where I can, but if they ask me to do something against Jehovah's Word, I will always seek to put Jehovah's will first.

• Views 2.5k
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My question is: Who is your target audience for all the above? There is only about six people reading this blog, and they all know this stuff.

I think it would have to be about 65 or 70 years old to understand the “Rube Goldberg” concept of making things ludicrously complicated reference in the proper perspective …. IF YOU HAD BEEN A FAN OF

Why didn't Jehovah just forgive Adam and Eve?   Adam and Eve weren't little kids. They were adults. They had perfect adult minds. The Bible doesn't say how long they had lived when they sinn

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, boyle said:
39 minutes ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

The FDS has done so much damage to Jehovah's name. Good thing the ransom is big. Jesus will make the calls on who did what out of ignorance and who was willfully wicked. 

I tend to disagree. I think apostates have caused the most damage to Jehovah, and they know it.

The FDS are apostates, but that doesn't necessarily mean that all of them are willingly apostatizing. Some of them may be ignorant and just teaching what they were taught without thinking it through. Many of those of the VAA are also ignorant but good people and just sharing what they have been taught by their new "religion". Some of the VAA are hateful and actively seeking to hurt people. Others of the VAA are actually not apostates at all, they are closer to the truth because they adhere to what the Bible says. Jesus knows the hearts, and he will judge appropriately. 

24 minutes ago, boyle said:

The unrighteous and the unrepentant apostates call it free will. We all have a choice that Jehovah will judge us for. There is no such thing as "good" wrong in God's eyes nor in the bible that demanded repentance.

There were all kinds of crazy things that happened in the Bible times, and Jehovah was merciful when there was a good reason to be merciful.

Rachel and Leah were throwing their slave girls in Jacob's bed. That's not Jehovah's way, He didn't approve of it, but He tolerated it and even blessed the kids from those unions because He knew the parents were ignorant.

Jehovah is patient and kind. He understands why people make the choices they do, even if we don't understand. He's not a tyrant. He is the Most Reasonable, Patient Person in the Universe.

11 minutes ago, boyle said:

Many ancient prophets did the same. Does that mean, God translated all the prophets for speaking God's commands and truth? Can you name others?

Amos prophesied about the "locust plague", an attack by the nations, that would afflict God's name people. Revelation also talks about a similar "locust plague" that will afflict God's name people.

So, you never saw any discipline come from God.

I am learning all the time.

"He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish."

For the third time, which bible version are you reading?

I primarily use the New World Translation, but I also love The Message Bible and the JB Phillips New Testament. (And I like to reference the Kingdom Interlinear.)

20 minutes ago, boyle said:

Where in the bible have you read, the unrighteous is something that Jehovah will tolerate in the end? Is there a reason why you are deliberately confusing perfection with imperfection?

Perfection isn't until the end of the 1,000 year reign. There will still be quite a bit of imperfection and unrighteousness during the 1,000 year reign.

"And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.  And the sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the Grave gave up the dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds.  And death and the Grave were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire.  Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire."

During the 1,000 year reign, people will be resurrected. They will have to learn how to behave. Jehovah has not changed. He already has written down in the Bible what behaviors are unacceptable for those who want to live forever. We cannot transgress on the well-being of others. Lying, misusing our bodies, hurting the bodies of others - those things make the earth not a paradise. Those things will not be allowed. 

When it says "judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds" it's not talking about some new books of the Bible. It's talking about records that are going to be made figuratively as people are learning how to behave during the 1,000 year reign. The fact that records are made shows time will be allowed to go by. People won't be changing overnight. There will still be people doing unrighteous things for awhile during the 1,000 year reign. It won't be so bad like now, but it won't be perfect like paradise yet either.

35 minutes ago, boyle said:

So, according to your adaptation of scripture, those that disobeyed God and didn't listen to Christ's admonition are going to be free to roam the earth as though, and to continue to cause chaos? What then is the purpose of the book of revelation if everyone is signing kumbaya, and burning marshmallows in a campfire?

Joow much of that should make sense to the reader?

No, the Bible is clear that unrepentant, willful sinners will be destroyed.

The Bible is also clear that Jehovah does not destroy the innocent along with the incorrigibly wicked.

1 minute ago, boyle said:

What does this have to do with being translated?

Amos wasn't originally written in English.

2 minutes ago, boyle said:

Glad you can admit your failures. The sad part is, you're admitting outside people are better than a disfellowshiped person.

Why is that sad? I know I am lowly. My weakness magnifies God's strength. I will boast in Jehovah.

3 minutes ago, boyle said:

This is something we all learned when we were immature spiritual children. Why just now is it dawning on you?

"We"? (All three of you?) How old are you three anyway? I guess I'm still just a "kid".

5 minutes ago, boyle said:

Oh! Okay. I can see the confusion with interpretation. Some that used to be bethelites preferred other forms of erred interpretations, especially coming from other codex.

I've never been a Bethelite, so I don't really know what you mean.

6 minutes ago, boyle said:
12 minutes ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

Perfection isn't until the end of the 1,000 year reign. There will still be quite a bit of imperfection and unrighteousness during the 1,000 year reign.

Is that something that we are going through now?

@boyle, you know the great tribulation hasn't started yet - quit funnin'!

I need to get some rest. I hope you guys have a good rest of your evening. (I liked the kitten video!)☺️