The World News Media

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Reject Blood Transfusions?

BroRando

No Blood 2.jpg
Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians who accepted the 'Blood of Christ' for salvation. The truth never changes and a true Christian should also be mindful of Satan's Challenge to Jehovah about skin in behalf of skin. Therefore, accepting *Blood* from another source or even themselves could be rendered a denial of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

In the time of the end known as the Last Days, "Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand." (Daniel 12:10) True Christians who exercise faith in the Living Blood of Christ will survive that Last Days and 'are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.'(Rev 7:14)

Teachings of Jesus Christ:
  • "Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day;" (John 6:54)
  • For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 16:25)
  • "But whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens." (Matthew 10:33)
  • "Just let your word ‘Yes’ mean yes, your ‘No,’ no, for what goes beyond these is from the wicked one." (Matthew 5:37)
Teaching of the Apostles:
  • "For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left," (Hebrews 10:26)
Teaching of the Holy Spirit:
  • "Abstain . . . from blood. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Acts 15:28-29)

• Views 1.7k
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah …. The WTB&TS  got the Blood Issue  exactly right the first time, then as they were sued by families of those that died, they changed their stance to allow transfusion of separate blood fract

… and what if it is a Tuesday, and you are an Eskimo, and your license plate ends in a odd number?

The body and blood of Jesus were given a transferred meaning in bread and wine. But bread and wine, precisely because they directly represent the body and blood of a man, are exactly what they are - b

Posted Images

Yeah …. The WTB&TS  got the Blood Issue  exactly right the first time, then as they were sued by families of those that died, they changed their stance to allow transfusion of separate blood fractions, so as not to hemorrhage money.  

The GB has admitted in the February,  2017 Watchtower that they are neither infallible or inspired of God, as regards any matters Theocratic. 

…… but they have the best Lawyers and Accountants money can buy!

Hmmmmmmm ….. the thought just occurred to me ….. If you separate whole blood down to, say, 40 or so separate components, the infusion of each separate component being “ a matter of conscience”, as regards Congregational punishment …… the absurd theory being that it is now “not blood” ….. can you then mix it all back together , and pump it in?

How about if you DON’T mix it all back together, and use, say 40 separate IV tubes?

Perhaps our “NO BLOOD CARD” should actually be a “NO SANCTIONS CARD”?

…. if you have the Rx on the back …

9 hours ago, BroRando said:
Teachings of Jesus Christ:
  • "Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood

The body and blood of Jesus were given a transferred meaning in bread and wine. But bread and wine, precisely because they directly represent the body and blood of a man, are exactly what they are - body and blood. So to eat bread and drink wine, in commemoration of Christ's death, is nothing else but to bite into the flesh and drink some blood. 

For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 16:25)

Does it bother God that by some human activity man cannot be saved forever? No, he doesn't mind. Because, human life is erratic and often times we have to repeat the same or similar actions in order to live or survive some circumstances.

Teaching of the Holy Spirit:
  • "Abstain . . . from blood. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” (Acts 15:28-29)

Little correction please. 

28  For the holy spirit+ and we ourselves have favored ... nwt 

Since the apostles were imperfect and sinful people and prone to wrong assumptions, so says WTJWorg and GB, could it be that they said and wrote something that has errors? No matter what topic. Because, that is exactly how today's GB justifies itself for its theological acrobatics. GB says that even the first Christians had wrong assumptions and expectations and misinterpreted the teachings of Jesus.

Under what circumstances did the apostles err? Then when were they “inspired” or when were they “guided” by the Holy Spirit?

GB said they, today, are "guided", ... just "guided". 

On 8/23/2021 at 7:15 AM, BroRando said:

Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians who accepted the 'Blood of Christ' for salvation. The truth never changes and a true Christian should also be mindful of Satan's Challenge to Jehovah about skin in behalf of skin. Therefore, accepting *Blood* from another source or even themselves could be rendered a denial of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

John 6:54

Berean Study Bible
Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Jesus was talking to His disciples. Those disciples were to become Anointed ones.  Those words are ONLY for the ANOINTED ONES 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hebrews 10:26

Berean Study Bible
If we deliberately go on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins remains,

But take note to whom the Hebrew scriptures were written. 

Hebrews 3 : 1 

Consequently, holy brothers, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the apostle and high priest whom we acknowledge—Jesus.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take note of Revelation 5 : 9 & 10 

And they sing a new song, saying: “You (Jesus) are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10  and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”

This is the Anointed, the Bride of Christ. This is NOT the 'little dogs' that will live here on Earth. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Acts 15 : 28 & 29

Berean Study Bible
It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond these essential requirements: You must abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.

However lets consider this chapter of Acts. Who was the instruction given to ?

Acts 15 : 19 & 20

Therefore, my decision is not to trouble those from the nations who are turning to God, 20  but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from what is strangled, and from blood.

Those from the nations. Two points here.

Point 1. Acts 15 : 23

They wrote this and sent it through them: “The apostles and the elders, your brothers, to those brothers in Antioch, Syria, and Ci·liʹcia who are from the nations: Greetings! 

The Apostles called them brothers. So do we then presume these 'Brothers' from the nations, are also of the Anointed ?  I think we do. 

So was this instruction for the Anointed ones only ?

Point 2. Let us be perfectly honest here. Would those ones have access to Blood transfusions ?  Some here have said the Egyptians practiced such things, but that is not the point. My question is, would these people have had knowledge or access to Blood transfusions ?

The point being, What would those 'Brothers of the Nations' have understood by the instruction being given ?  What blood would they think of when they thought of abstaining from blood ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can we also consider another point here. 

Matthew 12 : 9 - 12

After departing from that place, he went into their synagogue, 10  and look! there was a man with a withered hand! So they asked him, “Is it lawful to cure on the Sabbath?” so that they might accuse him.11  He said to them: “If you have one sheep and that sheep falls into a pit on the Sabbath, is there a man among you who will not grab hold of it and lift it out? 12  How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do a fine thing on the Sabbath.”

What was Jesus saying here ? He was saying that saving a human life was more important than the Law. 

Pikuach Nefesh (Hebrewפקוח נפש‎ 'watching over a soul')

is the principle in Jewish law that the preservation of human life overrides virtually any other religious rule. When the life of a specific person is in danger, almost any negative commandment of the Torah becomes inapplicable.[1]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would seem as if those people that condemn Blood Transfusions among the 'little dogs' would also condemn Jesus Christ for healing the man on the Sabbath

Which one of you has the right to be the conscience of another ???? 

7 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

The body and blood of Jesus were given a transferred meaning in bread and wine. But bread and wine, precisely because they directly represent the body and blood of a man, are exactly what they are - body and blood. So to eat bread and drink wine, in commemoration of Christ's death, is nothing else but to bite into the flesh and drink some blood. 

If what you meant to say was literal, I disagree.

Catholics used to tell me ( Usually French Poodles), that the wafer and wine were actually the body and blood of Christ, and I responded it would be very simple to find out.

Just have the materials analyzed under a microscope.

40 minutes ago, Pudgy said:

If what you meant to say was literal

Not literal. But Jesus' words that he said are this:  53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum. - John 6:53-59

Later, much later, he explained to 11 how it is not about literal understanding but with bread and wine symbols.

It has already been said in other places that blood is a symbol of life. Blood is not life. Blood is just a symbol. Life has every advantage over symbols. Preserving life is more important than preserving symbols.
Can the issue of blood cause dilemmas and controversies? Clearly it can. But will you take a child who broke his arm to the doctor during the Sabbath or will you wait for the holidays to pass? And some Jewish holidays lasted for days and weeks.

Deuteronomy 12:23

Just be firmly resolved not to eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the flesh.

John 6:53

So Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves.

John 6:54

Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day;

38 minutes ago, BroRando said:

blood is the life

In spiritual sense. In a figurative sense.

In literal and medical way, blood is fluid for the transfer of nutrients and waste. Blood is circulatory tissue. Blood needs the heart to circulate through the body. So blood can't do anything without a heart.

But also .... "heart is source of life".

Above all the things that you guard, safeguard your heart,+For out of it are the sources of life. -Prov 4 23 nwt

The whole blood transfusion notation isn't as problematic now due to the pandemic, since there has been a lot of talks about religion and medicine in months that have passed.

Not important, but something to point out is that the biggest fears concerning blood right now, is Project Ambrosia and the Black Market.

On 8/24/2021 at 7:10 AM, BroRando said:

Deuteronomy 12:23

Just be firmly resolved not to eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the flesh.

John 6:53

So Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves.

John 6:54

Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I will resurrect him on the last day;

Scripture 1 = Nation of Israel

Scripture 2 & 3 = Anointed, Spiritual Israel

Please remember that on their resurrection or their 'lifting up' from this Earth, the true Anointed are guaranteed everlasting life.

Those of the 'little dogs' / Earthly class are not guaranteed everlasting life until they pass their final test at the end of the Thousand years of Christ's reign, it seems ????????? 

Now if you wish to apply the scriptures from John to include those 'little dogs' of Earthly hope, then the little dogs would need to partake of the emblems. 

I personally think that the eating of Christ's flesh and the drinking of Christ's blood, by the True Anointed, relates to their being the Body of Christ. so they become ONE FLESH, ONE BLOOD. 

The Bride of Christ and Christ Himself, become one.  Mark 10 : 6 through 9 

However, from the beginning of creation, ‘He made them male and female.  For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother,  and the two will be one flesh, so that they are no longer two, but one flesh.  Therefore, what God has yoked together, let no man put apart.”

One flesh, one blood, Christ and His Bride. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.