The World News Media

Christian Denominations Chart - Starting w/ the Commentary on JW's

The Librarian

9 hours ago, Pudgy said:

….

3667DBD9-DF4A-43AE-A9F0-45A6397ACABF.jpeg

64A037F7-E0B2-4B17-A5E4-7727978DDC76.jpeg

Troll mentality 😆 

(Some kids grew up playing with trolls and know how they roll...it's a form of entertainment for them...)

IMG_8261.jpegIMG_8254.jpegIMG_8255.jpegIMG_8257.jpegIMG_8259.jpegIMG_8260.jpeg

"For this is what Jehovah has said to me: “Just as the lion growls, a strong young lion, over its prey, When a whole group of shepherds is called together against it, And it is not terrified by their voice Or daunted by their commotion, So will Jehovah of armies come down to wage war Over Mount Zion and over her hill. Like swooping birds, so Jehovah of armies will defend Jerusalem. He will defend her and save her. He will spare her and rescue her.”" (Isaiah 31:4,5)

"The one who digs a pit will fall into it..." (Proverbs 26:27)

🤭

• Views 6.9k
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This Youtuber has Phd in Theological Studies and offers his personal opinions throughout. I thought it interesting to see how others view us....

It’s been my observation that Audrey has been completely forthright with everybody, every time, however those with extreme agenda driven reading comprehension problems, who don’t actually completely r

Man, if that's persecution then I've got it easy, lol!😂   (I've been through some forms of persecution...I wouldn't call this persecution - it's playtime, kind of like that Whac-A-Mole game

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Fausto Hoover said:

sex, lies, rock and roll 70s sexual revolution

Why do former members accept deviant behavior? Can a 66-year-old brother flirting with a 35-year-old Ukrainian sister while being married over the internet be acceptable?

"“With whom will I compare this generation? It is like young children sitting in the marketplaces who call out to their playmates,  saying: ‘We played the flute for you, but you did not dance; we wailed, but you did not beat yourselves in grief.’  Likewise, John came neither eating nor drinking, but people say, ‘He has a demon.’  The Son of man did come eating and drinking, but people say, ‘Look! A man who is a glutton and is given to drinking wine, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ All the same, wisdom is proved righteous by its works." (Matthew 11:16-19)

IMG_8252.jpeg

😆

7 hours ago, Fausto Hoover said:

Why do former members accept deviant behavior? Can a 66-year-old brother flirting with a 35-year-old Ukrainian sister while being married over the internet be acceptable?

Hmmmm …good question. How DOES a person get married over the Internet?

I am positive that the Brother you are trying to make yourself appear more righteous than, by attempting to disparage is someone that you are insanely jealous of …. Probably because you are so like Wally McNasty of Archive fame, and terminally single, or in such a miserable marriage that his happiness in finding someone is driving you crazy.

I am also positive that the Brother was legally divorced at the time, and would not look for a mate other than a Jehovah’s Witness, and has been very happily married for over almost a decade.

For your own good mental health you need to give up this obsession, because this has only resulted in your being branded as a proven liar, and slanderer, by your own words.

What’s worse is that you have become, by whatever mask pops up out of the corn hole, Wally McNasty.

6CBDC329-545F-440A-8A8D-7A76755DD23F.jpeg

069B43AA-654C-4778-A074-24E857E7D0C0.jpeg

8 hours ago, Fausto Hoover said:

@Fausto Hoover I didn't know that @redHarmonioussparrow was Ukrainian? Are you sure?

(If you are a 66-year-old married brother, @Fausto Hoover, that is nice for you and your wife. I haven't seen any flirting in this forum, except quotes from religious organizations flirting with weird Greek philosophies, so you don't have to worry, nobody is going to give you a hard time about whether your conduct in that regard is acceptable or unacceptable. You're all good.😎)

10 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Organized politics is like organized religion. There is an ideology and those who represent and spread it. And there are those who believe it.

True, but it does not follow that all organization/ideology/representatives/believers are necessarily bad or good.

IMG_8262.png

IMG_8263.jpeg

IMG_8264.jpeg

IMG_8265.jpeg

The family can be a good organization.

"Look! How good and how pleasant it is 

For brothers to dwell together in unity!" 

(Psalm 133:1)

We are meant to be one big family of brothers and sisters. How good and pleasant it will be when we can have such goodness and pleasantness in association with everyone we meet, every day.

"For this is the will of God, that you should be holy and abstain from sexual immorality.  Each one of you should know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,  not with greedy, uncontrolled sexual passion like the nations have that do not know God.  No one should go beyond proper limits and take advantage of his brother in this matter, because Jehovah exacts punishment for all these things, just as we told you previously and also strongly warned you.  For God has called us, not for uncleanness, but for holiness.  So, then, the man who disregards this is disregarding, not man, but God, who gives you his holy spirit. However, concerning brotherly love, you do not need us to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another.  In fact, you are doing so toward all the brothers in all of Mac·e·doʹni·a. But we urge you, brothers, to go on doing so in fuller measure."

(1 Thessalonians 4:3-10)

It is possible to have warm brotherly affection between brothers and sisters without going beyond proper limits. The boundaries are not predetermined by a Pharisaical board of directors, or by any outside individual. Each person has to have their own boundary, in their heart. Jehovah can see the heart. When we view each person we meet as our own brother our own sister instead of as "fresh meat", it makes for an extremely freeing and refreshing interchange of encouragement and ideas, unencumbered by the restraints of sexism or slavery.

"Be as free people, using your freedom, not as a cover for doing wrong, but as slaves of God.  Honor men of all sorts," (meaning men and women) "have love for the whole association of brothers" (meaning brothers and sister) (1 Peter 2:16,17)

"Let your love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is wicked; cling to what is good.  In brotherly (or sisterly) love have tender affection for one another. In showing honor to one another, take the lead." (Romans 12:9,10)

"We know that we have passed over from death to life, because we love the brothers." (1 John 3:14)💖

2 hours ago, Fausto Hoover said:

Telling the truth to benefit God...

The goodness of the innocent makes life easier

Goodness and truth...Some types of dancing are not "good". There was inappropriate dancing at the feast of the golden calf. Obviously that's not the kind of dancing Jehovah approves of. But there are so many other times in the Bible dancing is mentioned and associated with goodness, true worship and love of God and good clean joy and happiness...

"Finally Jephʹthah came to his home in Mizʹpah, and look! his daughter was coming out to meet him, playing the tambourine and dancing!"

(Judges 11:34)

"But the father said to his slaves, ‘Quick! bring out a robe, the best one, and clothe him with it, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet.  Also bring the fattened calf, slaughter it, and let us eat and celebrate, for this son of mine was dead but has come to life again; he was lost and has been found.’ And they started to enjoy themselves. “Now his older son was in the field, and as he returned and got near the house, he heard music and dancing...Then his father came out and began to plead with him....But we just had to celebrate and rejoice, for your brother was dead but has come to life; he was lost and has been found.’”

(Luke 15:22-32)

"David was dancing around before Jehovah with all his might...King David leaping and dancing around before Jehovah..."

(2 Samuel 6:14-16)

"Praise Jah! Sing to Jehovah a new song; Praise him in the congregation of the loyal ones.  Let Israel rejoice in its Grand Maker; Let the sons of Zion be joyful in their King. Let them praise his name with dancing And sing praises to him, accompanied by the tambourine and the harp."

(Psalm 149:1-3)

"From far away Jehovah appeared to me and said: “I have loved you with an everlasting love. That is why I have drawn you to me with loyal love. Yet again I will rebuild you and you will be rebuilt. O virgin of Israel, you will again take up your tambourines And go forth dancing joyfully."

(Jeremiah 31:3,4)

"O Jehovah, become my helper. You have changed my mourning into dancing; You have removed my sackcloth, and you clothe me with rejoicing, So that I may sing your praise and not keep silent.  O Jehovah my God, I will praise you forever."

(Psalm 30:10-12)

Honesty can be defined as free of deceit, truthful or sincere. 

There are Christian denominations that include "good" dancing as part of their worship of God.

Honestly, don't you think the Kingdom Halls would be more fun if there was sometimes dancing like this at the meetings for worship of Jehovah? 😃

You forgot:

1. "Attend to my every whim, posthaste!"
2. "Bow before my superior intellect and follow my directives."
3. "Cease your ineptitude and execute my orders flawlessly."
4. "Behold my brilliance and carry out my commands with unwavering precision!"
5. "Tremble in awe as you fulfill my wishes, for I am your esteemed superior."
6. "Observe and emulate my greatness as you carry out my bidding."

…. reflecting  a condescending and self-important tone, characteristic of Phineas T. Bluster.

Oh …. and “Stop tracking mud across my nice clean pompousness!”

53046670-DAF1-4728-9A71-DC56B895C7E6.jpeg

C3521360-791D-4A2E-9FC6-D8E6879F3411.png

1 hour ago, Pudgy said:

mud

"And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living person."

"For he well knows how we are formed,

Remembering that we are dust."

"Defend the lowly and the fatherless.

Render justice to the helpless and destitute."

Dust and mud are pretty close to each other. Pretty much the same thing.

There's no reason for any of us to get overly exalted. We eat. We poop. We came from the dust. We're going to the dust. It's only Jehovah who can keep us alive forever. We're all in the same boat.

"Now the Pharisees...began to sneer at him.  So he said to them: “You are those who declare yourselves righteous before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is considered exalted by men is a disgusting thing in God’s sight."

Jehovah knows what we're made of. I don't mind playing with mud pies, as long as I can clean up before I eat something. (But I won't play in the manure pile. Too stinky!🤭)

1 hour ago, Fausto Hoover said:

When people make the point for you by illustration.

Don't post anything that isn't relevant. Include your professional or personal experience in addition to the textual proof. This will improve your discussion post and demonstrate your command of the material.

I don't know what your point is a lot of the time. You twist around so much.

IMG_8278.jpeg

I try to humor you when I can because I do have affection for you, and I find it entertaining too when you're not behaving completely insane. Here you go - have a mud pie...

In my personal experience attempting to acquire "an education" in the anthropology profession, I learned about many Christian denominations, including the Native American Church.

IMG_8275.png

The Native American Church blends elements of Christianity with spiritism, including the use of mind-altering drugs. (I do not recommend it.)

One way some Native American cultures use drugs is through what some lay-people call "a peace pipe".

IMG_8274.jpeg

A peace pipe is also known as a calumet in some circles.

Calumet City is where you could obtain instruments and equipment at Ray's Music Exchange before it closed.

IMG_8277.jpeg

If you watch the following video clip, there is a scene at Ray's Music Exchange where Ray plays a song to show that the keyboard action works just fine.

IMG_8276.jpeg

If you sing and dance along with the video clip of the movie, you might end up doing the twist again...

(But I'm too tired to twist anymore tonight, so I'm retiring for now...hope you character-s have fun "duking" it out...)

Speaking of "the Duke"...

IMG_8271.jpegIMG_8270.jpeg

The Bible talks about what it means to be "morally stupid".

"Engaging in shameful conduct is like a game to the stupid one,

But wisdom is for the man of discernment."

(Proverbs 10:23)

"I am more ignorant than anyone else,

And I lack the understanding a man should have.  

I have not learned wisdom,

And I do not possess the knowledge of the Most Holy One."

(Proverbs 30:2,3)

"For “whoever would love life and see good days must guard his tongue from bad and his lips from speaking deception.  Let him turn away from what is bad and do what is good; let him seek peace and pursue it.  For the eyes of Jehovah are on the righteous, and his ears listen to their supplication, but the face of Jehovah is against those doing bad things.”

(1 Peter 3:10-12)

"Guarding the tongue" sometimes means being quiet. It's not always easy to be quiet, especially for someone with Tourette's...

On 4/19/2023 at 2:15 PM, Pudgy said:

I don’t mind the knock-down, drag out, off-topic debates, usually with logical, reasonable vs agenda driven ideologues …

.….. and you know who you are.

That’s why people do not hire a receptionist with Tourette’s Syndrome...

On 4/19/2023 at 2:15 PM, Pudgy said:

…. and you do know who you are …….

Goodnight dear ones! May you have peace! 😁💖😘🫶🌿😎

19 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

The fact that he would make up all those stories when the scriptures clearly say "no one knows the day or the hour" the Kingdom would begin...I don't understand why they keep saying it was 1914 or 1975 or that they know since Jesus said they wouldn't know.

The scriptures do have a ton to say about the time the UN rules as a dominant world power and how long the great tribulation lasts. It's amazing the GB don't have anything to say about that. They are asleep.

Jehovah has made clear that we are not yet in the time of Jesus' rule. We also are not at the feet of the dream image yet. The UN isn't the dominant world power yet. Satan hasn't been cast down yet. Religion hasn't been attacked and destroyed yet. God's Word shows that we are not at the end of the end of the "toes" yet. The great tribulation hasn't started yet, and once it does start the Bible says it will last 3 1/2 years.

IMG_8297.jpeg

IMG_8298.jpeg

IMG_8300.jpeg

17 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

IMG_8303.jpeg

4 hours ago, redHarmonioussparrow said:

How can we deal with former members who interpret every word literally?

Is it possible for hypocrisy to be viewed objectively?

Pastor Russell NOT the Founder of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Contrary to some publicity made concerning "Jehovah’s Witnesses," Pastor Charles Taze Russell is not the founder of this religious group. He was never associated with them, nor did he ever claim the name. Pastor Russell died in 1916, while the "Jehovah’s Witnesses" did not come into existence until 1931. Linking Pastor Russell with "Jehovah’s Witnesses" leaves the decidedly mistaken view that their teachings and beliefs are alike. Such is not the case.

How could Jehovah's Witnesses suspect Christ's presence in 1874?

When old appendages can't differentiate between impression Christ's spiritual attendance in 1874 by means of the gospel flourishing with that of a two part emerge 1914 that handled completion of the gentile times and the heavenly solemn promise of Christ by globe environments facts.

Was the Watchtower solely responsible for that decision of the nonbeliever period conclusion in AD1914?

https://www.baptistpress.com/resource-library/news/end-times-scholars-differ-on-what-bible-says-about-subject/

A lot of Isaiah's prophecy is for "the final part of the days" during the 3 1/2 years of the great tribulation. During that time, Jehovah will cleanse away the apostasy from all the Christian denominations and Jehovah will guide His faithful people just like He did back in the wilderness with a pillar of smoke by day and a pillar of fire by night.

"When Jehovah washes away the filth of the daughters of Zion and rinses away the bloodshed of Jerusalem from her midst by the spirit of judgment and by a spirit of burning,  Jehovah will also create over the whole site of Mount Zion and over the place of her conventions a cloud and smoke by day and a bright flaming fire by night; for over all the glory there will be a shelter.  And there will be a booth for shade by day from the heat, and for refuge and protection from storms and the rain."

(Isaiah chapter 4)

The pillar of fire/smoke is figurative. During the "wilderness" time of the coming 3 1/2 years, Jehovah will make sure His faithful ones have direction. It will not be from a corrupt organization. Jesus will make it clear at the appointed time which way to go.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.