JOHN BUTLER

RECLAIMED VOICES new letter to JW brothers and sisters.

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

JOHN BUTLER -
Kosonen -

Top Posters

I'm a JW but not the common one anyways it does amazed me how we had 6 months of Australia Royal Child sex commission founded by the government to investigate all child abuse cases and nothing was published or was announced or made public of the outcome in the JW org. Shameful indeed. Is like nothing happened. And the worst was the answers given at the royal commission by the elders and one GB who had to give testimony. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jay Iza said:

I'm a JW but not the common one anyways it does amazed me how we had 6 months of Australia Royal Child sex commission founded by the government to investigate all child abuse cases and nothing was published or was announced or made public of the outcome in the JW org. Shameful indeed. Is like nothing happened. And the worst was the answers given at the royal commission by the elders and one GB who had to give testimony. 

The Australian Royal commision is only one thing, and i think the investigation lasted 3 years.

Here in the UK we had the Charity Commision do a similar investigation with similar results.

And there is mention of the IICSA, ( Inquiry Into Child Sexual Abuse ),  doing a deeper investigation here in the UK.

In Canada the Superior Court of Quebec have been trying to file a, $66 million, lawsuit against the JW Org/Watchtower.

In the Netherlands a foundations known as 'Reclaimed Voices' are helping victims of sexual abuse within the JW Org.

In USA there have been so many court cases, fines, compensation paid by the JW Org, it is getting difficult to follow now.

Much of my information is out of date as it seems that news about these things is somehow being hidden from public view. 

There is so much information on Goggle about Child Abuse within the JW Org / Watchtower Soc, so much Pedophilia being reported, BUT go careful what you believe and research how old the news is as it does get confusing with so much to read. 

John, have you gone to the police or social services about the child sexual molestation allegation you know of?

4 minutes ago, Anna said:

Oh what massive lies the GB and their legal departments tell.

What they put in print does not match up with what they do in practice. 

Unless you want to believe that all the VICTIMS tell lies. 

But then you probably don't want the truth on this matter. 

Get it in your head, the GB didn't care. The victims were just collateral damage, expendable. 

The GB care now of course because the truth is made known and the GB and the JW org is suffering financially and losing face.. 

But what is most important is that God and His son have been brought low and made objects of insult. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

What they put in print does not match up with what they do in practice. 

Well it's for everybody to see and check for themselves isn't it? I mean If I was a mother and my child told me someone from the congregation molested them, and I would go to the elders, I would expect things to go according to that "safeguarding policy". And if it didn't, I have that document to point to don't I?

9 minutes ago, Anna said:

Well it's for everybody to see and check for themselves isn't it? I mean If I was a mother and my child told me someone from the congregation molested them, and I would go to the elders, I would expect things to go according to that "safeguarding policy". And if it didn't, I have that document to point to don't I?

Part of that document says that Children are not separated from their parents. 

Evidence given in at least one court case says that an Elder sexually assaulted a young girl when the Elder took the girl on the ministry in his pick up truck. This seemed to have happened more than once. 

In another case a  girl said she was sexually assaulted when an Elder was giving her a bible study. 

In both cases the Elder must have been alone with a child.  Your choice if you believe these victims or not. 

As you mention above you would have that document, but what if the Elders called your child or you a LIAR ?

Do you believe these victims or do you think they are all guided by Satan to tell lies against the GB and the ORG. 

You have to make a choice what you believe, then you have to stand by your choice of belief. That is what I did. 

8 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Do you believe these victims or do you think they are all guided by Satan to tell lies against the GB and the ORG. 

I believe the victims, and yes, this did happen years ago.

9 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Evidence given in at least one court case says that an Elder sexually assaulted a young girl when the Elder took the girl on the ministry in his pick up truck.

This sounds like the Candace Conti case,, that happened in the 80's

10 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

In another case a  girl said she was sexually assaulted when an Elder was giving her a bible study. 

This also happened in the 80's

You live and learn. I can assure you this no longer happens. What has been happening in recent years is exactly as is written in the document, with the addition that now the child molester is made known to parents.

Why don't you test out the safe guarding policy yourself, instead of claiming that it is not being followed? Why don't you tell the elders of the accusation you have learned of? 

5. When elders learn of an accusation of child abuse, they immediately consult with the branch
office of Jehovah’s Witnesses to ensure compliance with child abuse reporting laws.
(Romans 13:1)
Even if the elders have no legal duty to report an accusation to the authorities, the branch office of Jehovah’s
Witnesses will instruct the elders to report the matter if a minor is still in danger of abuse or
there is some other valid reason. Elders also ensure that the victim’s parents are informed of an accusation
of child abuse. If the alleged abuser is one of the victim’s parents, the elders will inform the
other parent

3 minutes ago, Anna said:

Why don't you test out the safe guarding policy yourself, instead of claiming that it is not being followed? Why don't you tell the elders of the accusation you have learned of? 

5. When elders learn of an accusation of child abuse, they immediately consult with the branch
office of Jehovah’s Witnesses to ensure compliance with child abuse reporting laws.
Even if the elders have no legal duty to report an accusation to the authorities, the branch office of Jehovah’s
Witnesses will instruct the elders to report the matter if a minor is still in danger of abuse or
there is some other valid reason. Elders also ensure that the victim’s parents are informed of an accusation
of child abuse. If the alleged abuser is one of the victim’s parents, the elders will inform the
other parent

Why cant the policy state to take it to the police first? 

Who is more trained to handle these types of situations? Elders/police? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Why cant the policy state to take it to the police first? 

Who is more trained to handle these types of situations? Elders/police? 

10. Child abuse is a serious sin. If an alleged abuser is a member of the congregation, the elders
conduct a Scriptural investigation. This is a purely religious proceeding handled by elders according
to Scriptural instructions and is limited to the issue of membership as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
A
member of the congregation who is an unrepentant child abuser is expelled from the congregation and
is no longer considered one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. (1 Corinthians 5:13) The elders’ handling of an
accusation of child abuse is not a replacement for the authorities’ handling of the matter
.—Romans

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Anna said:

I believe the victims, and yes, this did happen years ago.

This sounds like the Candace Conti case,, that happened in the 80's

This also happened in the 80's

You live and learn. I can assure you this no longer happens. What has been happening in recent years is exactly as is written in the document, with the addition that now the child molester is made known to parents.

other parent

You really don't want to listen do you.

The Elders know about the situation. The Elders have the names of both parties concerned. I don't have the name of the victim.

Now if what you say is true, the Elders would have already informed the Police right ?  No, i don't think so. 

And i cannot talk to the accused or the Elders as I have left the org and not one of the 120 / 130 people will talk to me. 

Now i haven't told people not to talk to me, so it's their fault if I cannot warn them. I left the Org so that i could warn people, but those congregants have chosen of their own free will (because of fear of punishment) not to talk to me. So i no longer feel responsible. 

Nearly 12 pm here in England, so good night to you. 

• Like 1

Anna,

So you are not going to give your answer, and instead regurgitate what the wt says.  

Did you notice that nothing is said of taking this "serious sin" to the police, when in fact it is a serious crime? 

• Like 1

Should watch the Australian royal commission on child sex abuse within JWs victims which is available online and you will see first hand how our procedures and everything is handle within the organization, you will be shocked. 

It has been some years since then and we have heard nothing from it and no 1 policy changed even though many several recommendations were given by the Australian commission to be changed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

So you are not going to give your answer, and instead regurgitate what the wt says.  

Your question was about WT policy wasn't it??  So I quoted the policy.

5 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

Did you notice that nothing is said of taking this "serious sin" to the police, when in fact it is a serious crime? 

It is both. Spiritually it is a sin, legally it is a crime. Since the elders are concerned with spiritual things in the congregation and not law making, they focus on the sinful aspect. This does not negate nor replace the criminal aspect.

I don't need anyone to point out the difference to me. Do you? I mean would you go to the police and say "so and so has committed a sin". You would get funny looks wouldn't you?

3 hours ago, Jay Iza said:

Should watch the Australian royal commission on child sex abuse within JWs victims which is available online and you will see first hand how our procedures and everything is handle within the organization, you will be shocked. 

It has been some years since then and we have heard nothing from it and no 1 policy changed even though many several recommendations were given by the Australian commission to be changed.

I listened to the ARC when it was broadcast live. I have the transcripts too. There have been policy changes, you must have missed that bit.

3 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

And i cannot talk to the Elders as I have left the org and not one of the 120 / 130 people will talk to me. 

Now i haven't told people not to talk to me, so it's their fault if I cannot warn them. I left the Org so that i could warn people, but those congregants have chosen of their own free will (because of fear of punishment) not to talk to me. 

Excuses. You haven't even tried.

3 hours ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

So i no longer feel responsible. 

Bit of a bummer for the children if the accused molests again. I don't get you John, I really don't....

@Anna  Quote Bit of a bummer for the children if the accused molests again. I don't get you John, I really don't....

All well and good but you are still part of that Organisation that still continues to hide Pedophiles in it's ranks.
I don't get you Anna, I really don't ..............

As as for me not even trying. I've emailed people and they do not reply.

Even my own biological brother, who is an Elder in our home town, has stopped contact with me. Yet he agreed with my stand at first. 

But of course you want me to put myself on the line, to be accused of slander, by Elders of an organisation that i know to be dishonest anyway. I think the Elders would just love to have that to pin on me. Then they could tell the congregation that i am an apostate, and give everyone, what they would consider, a genuine reason, for not talking to me. 

I have actually been looking for the piece of paper that I wrote all the details on, but i can't find it. I was talking to a teacher a week ago and she told me that new laws had been brought in here in the UK, regarding reporting abuse. However when I looked into the 'new laws' I think it is for people in jobs working with children, teachers, social workers, etc, so not for the general public. 

But I can see how you would rather focus on blaming me, rather than be concerned that this Child Abuse is Earthwide in the Organisation which you are part of. 

If you were really concerned you would think it more than 'a bit of a bummer' for all the victims Earthwide, those in the past and those now. 

14 hours ago, Anna said:

10. Child abuse is a serious sin. If an alleged abuser is a member of the congregation, the elders
conduct a Scriptural investigation. This is a purely religious proceeding handled by elders according
to Scriptural instructions and is limited to the issue of membership as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
A
member of the congregation who is an unrepentant child abuser is expelled from the congregation and
is no longer considered one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. (1 Corinthians 5:13) The elders’ handling of an
accusation of child abuse is not a replacement for the authorities’ handling of the matter
.—Romans

If it is so as this declaration No 10 say, than WHY elders must contact Legal Department first on how this purely religious proceeding must continue. ?? How it is possible that mature elders can not decide (independently, according to their so called "Bible-educated" conscience or better - according to their Natural God given Consciencehow first thing, in benefit for the victim, is that POLICE have to secure PHYSICAL SAFETY FOR VICTIM, and then after this first step or parallel to this very first move that  must been done, is SPIRITUAL SAFETY for victim that this so called "mature men" have to provide. 

According to your brother Asch in his deposition, he made this CLEAR DISTINCTION about PHYSICAL SAFETY and SPIRITUAL SAFETY and how WT GB and their Lawyers defending themselves and their money and their Organizational Honor.

Your respond on John's post is how things he mentioned is from past, in 1980 es. ARC is from 2015 and WT elders in Australia are very bad role model as those elders from 1980 period. No progress was made in benefit for victims. All because of money and WTJWorg Corporation Public Picture.

Face the TRUTH and Reality please!

• Upvote 2

• Similar Content

• By Jack Ryan
      Victims of sexual abuse within Jehovah's Witnesses are still being thwarted by the denomination. That says lawyer Nico Meijering.
      He calls the abuse within the church "many times more dangerous for society and riskier than the average motorcycle club." The Reclaimed Voices Foundation is on Saturday afternoon at the door of the Jehova's Witnesses headquarters in Emmen. In 'a quiet and peaceful protest' against sexual abuse.
      Meijering, lawyer at Ficq & Partners Advocaten in Amsterdam, represents twelve victims of sexual abuse at Jehovah's Witnesses. Several victims want to inspect files that the denomination has about them.
      Child abuse within the Jehovah's is handled internally - if spoken about. Records of interrogations, with details and sometimes confessions, are retained.
      It's outrageous'
      Meijering appealed to the denomination several times - the Dutch head office is in Emmen - but comes to the conclusion that Jehovah's Witnesses do nothing but 'train and ignore'. That what has been submitted to information so far can not be called files.
      "It is outrageous," says Meijering. ,, We are sent with a clump in the reeds. This shows that Jehova's Witnesses do not want to cooperate at all. We are considering what we can do. They train and ignore. These are extremely precarious matters. "
      More than three hundred abuse cases
      Meijering also supports and advises the Reclaimed Voices foundation, co-founded in 2017 by Frank Huiting from Groningen, a victim of sexual abuse within the Jehovas.His foundation calls on victims to tell their story and says to have knowledge of more than three hundred abuse cases.
      At the Public Prosecutor's Office in the Northern Netherlands, two individual criminal cases are involved, the Public Prosecutor reports. She expects to be able to provide more clarity about this in the 'not too long term'.
      In the rest of the country there are at least seven other studies, in different regions. The OM emphasized at the start of these investigations, in August, that there is no criminal investigation into the faith community as a whole.
      Lawyer Meijering is surprised about this. "It is clear from all sides that it is a community that is particularly unsafe for young children," says Meijering.
      "That's why I do not understand why the OM only acts on the basis of individual declarations. We see that motor clubs are being tackled - I find the sexual abuse within this religious community many times more dangerous for society and riskier than the average motorcycle club. ''
      Investigation in connection with the motion in the House of Representatives
      Following ar motion in Parliament, the Research and Documentation Center of the Ministry of Justice and Security will start such a broader investigation. That report is expected in mid-2019, says a spokesperson.
      In the United States, a jury declared itself at the end of September in a criminal case against the Jehovah's Witnesses. The abuse of a 21-year-old woman by a member of the church order had been concealed for many years by order of the national church council.
      The society must pay the woman $ 35 million.
      A judge must still assess the punishment and the American Jehova's will appeal. But the jury's verdict was a signal to the church.
      Send a signal
      The Dutch foundation Reclaimed Voices, co-founded by Frank Huiting from Groningen, today hopes to send out a signal in a different way. Through 'a quiet and peaceful protest'. With a podium for victims to speak out.
      Just in front of the door of the headquarters of the Dutch Jehovas, in Emmen.
      'Reclaimed votes' is the literal translation of the name of the foundation.
      ,, What is still necessary to prevent and deal with sexual abuse? That's what it's about '', says Huiting, himself a victim of abuse. ,, It's about child safety. And not only in Jehovah's Witnesses, but in all closed communities. We are not looking for financial satisfaction. We want to give victims a voice and want the Jehovah's to open themselves up to external advice. "
      The fact that the Jehovah's are closed is apparent, among other things, from the refusal to provide information about abuse cases that have been dealt with internally.Reporting is almost never done.
      ---
      What do Jehovahs Witnesses say about this?
      The Jehovah's do not recognize themselves in the image that lawyer Nico Meijering paints of 'scandalous' opposition from victims of sexual abuse within the religious community. "In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, we provide access to the personal data that we have from the applicant upon request. Comment [from advocate Meijering] as you put it, therefore we are surprised, "reports spokesperson Michel van Hilten in a reply by e-mail.
      Three months ago he told this newspaper that the Jehovah's believe that there is no structural problem [of sexual abuse]. "We know a handful of incidents and reports of abuse per year," Van Hilten said.
      The Jehovah's are invited to be present at the protest, but 'prefer to have direct contact with individual victims who seek contact with us'.
      "Details of a recommended investigation by the House of Representatives have not been known to date. However, we have already informed the Ministry in advance that we are prepared to explain a few things. ''

source in Dutch:

• By Jack Ryan
      Jehovah's Witnesses will do everything to avoid having to comply with a declaration obligation for cases of sexual abuse. That experts conclude on the basis of new internal documents from the church, which are in the hands of RTL Nieuws.
      These are letters from the head office in America to departments in other countries. These letters discuss what needs to be done if a declaration is required in that country. The central management points out to the departments in the letters that they have to do everything they can to get out of such a duty to report.
      Jehovah's Witnesses are under attack because they do not report internal cases of sexual abuse to the police. The perpetrators are tried in an internal legal system, but receive no prison sentence or fine. The heaviest punishment is exclusion from the church.
      Church organization refuses to cooperate
      Reports are made of the internal legal cases containing details about the abuse and sometimes even confessions of perpetrators. MPs and victims of abuse have called upon Jehovah's Witnesses since the beginning of this year to share these documents with the police and judiciary. Until now, the church organization has refused that.
      The letters that RTL Nieuws has, show that a possible declaration obligation for sexual abuse in the Netherlands may have little effect on Jehovah's Witnesses, says Raymond Hintjes. He is chairman of the victim organization Reclaimed Voices. "Even if a declaration obligation is introduced, we see that the Jehovah's Witnesses will still try to get out of it through a deliberate action."
      Arrogant contempt for the rule of law
      Professor of criminal law Henny Sackers of the University of Nijmegen thinks the position of the church is shocking. "It seems almost a kind of arrogant contempt for the Dutch legal system, now that they want to do everything to prevent government interference, criminal government interference."
      Jehovah's Witnesses invoke the privilege of refusal when refusing legal aid. Clergymen do not have to testify under that right about what a believer has told them in confidence. Earlier, Minister Dekker (Legal Protection) wrote to the House of Representatives that it is not clear whether Jehovah's Witnesses may use the right of non-disclosure in this way. Dekker is now investigating whether it makes sense to set a declaration obligation.
      The documents that RTL Nieuws possesses can not be published because they may be able to identify the source.
      Originally posted in Dutch on RTL Nieuws

• By Jack Ryan
      Religious sect Jehovah’s Witnesses has refused to hand over documents to the public prosecutor in which an ex-member admits the abuse of a child, also member of the sect at the time, RTL Nieuws reports. Samet G, now 31, was a minor himself when the abuse of his 4 year-old niece started. The abuse continued until she was 14 and was reported to the police in 2015 when the girl and her mother left the Christian sect. A court in Breda last week sentenced G to a 9 months suspended sentence and a fine for the abuse but did not have access to the confession, which dates from 2011. G is appealing against his conviction.
      Jehovah’s Witnesses have their own internal committees which sit in judgement in cases of sexual abuse and do not involve the police. A record of these proceedings is made and kept. According to RTL, the public prosecutor’s request for a copy of the confession was refused on the grounds that it would compromise the man’s privacy and that, by law, clergymen, or in this case the elders, cannot be forced to reveal what has been told to them in confidence. Although there is doubt among lawyers that the Jehovah’s Witnesses elders can claim this right, the public prosecutor accepted the refusal, RTL writes.
      The sect also refuses to cooperate in an independent inquiry and, according to minister for legal protection Sander Dekker, it cannot be forced to do so. Abuse survivors According to Reclaimed Voices, an organisation that helps ex-Jehovah’s Witnesses members who were victims of sexual abuse, the minister needs to do much more. ‘If we can’t get the files via the courts we need politicians to act. Someone must force the Jehovah’s Witnesses to hand them over,’ the organisation’s spokesman Frank Huiting told RTL. CDA MP Madeleine van Toorenburg and other MPs have asked the minister to investigate if Jehovah’s Witness have the right to refuse access to documents that might shed light on a criminal case and slated the sect’s ‘culture of silence and cover-ups,’ RTL writes. Jehovah’s Witnesses are being widely accused of silencing victims of sexual abuse within the sect. The Guardian newspaper recently uncovered a case involving at least 100 victims who claim to have been abused.

Read more at DutchNews.nl
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Reclaimed Voices, a foundation set up in the Netherlands to denounce sexual abuse by Jehovah's Witnesses, received 46 reports of abuse in just a week's time. The number of reports is shocking, Frank Huiting, one of the founders and himself a victim of sexual abuse in a closed Jehovah's Witnesses community as a child, said to broadcaster NOS. 
      The foundation was launched just over a week ago, based on Huiting's own experiences. He was abused from the time he was seven year's old. When Huiting told his parents, they decided not to report it to the police. An elder in the community advised against it. "Then there will be headlines in the newspaper and we don't want that."
      According to the Reclaimed Voices initiators, victims within the closed Jehovah's Witnesses community are not heard and perpetrators are left to continue unchecked. Over the past week, foundation employees heard stories from a number of people who were abused by Jehovah's Witnesses. "The fact that so many reports have come in actually says enough. There are at least hundreds of cases in the Netherlands that should actually come out", Huiting said, according to NOS. He added that so many victims are too afraid to come forward.
      The main purpose of Reclaimed Voices is to be a listening ear. The employees urge victims to speak out, and hope that they also report the abuse. "People walked around with this secret for years. And the fact that they are coming out, can be a relief for them. That was also my experience. We also want to advise them to seek professional help. Also outside the religious community, for example with a social worker, psychologist or general practitioner", Huiting said.
      The foundation aims to collect as man reports of sexual abuse as possible and present them to the board of Jehovah's Witnesses Netherlands and the Dutch government. "We want to get the government to investigate these abuses. And not to start a fight, but really to focus on the victim."
      Earlier this year Dutch newspaper Trouw spoke to a number of people who were sexually abused as children in the Jehovah's Witnesses community. One victim described the religious society as a "paradise for pedophiles". 
      https://nltimes.nl/2017/11/28/dutch-foundation-gets-dozens-sexual-abuse-reports-jehovahs-witnesses
  • Who Was Online   103 Users were Online in the Last 24 Hours   (Most members ever online in 24 hour was 116, last accomplished on .)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation