The World News Media

RECLAIMED VOICES new letter to JW brothers and sisters.

JOHN BUTLER

• Views 5.4k
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bah, I do not believe you.  I believe you would talk to elders and then keep quiet so that you don't make Jehovah sad.  That's policy, right? 

In one hand your word is right Anna, but Shiwiii have better argument because Natural Law, or if you like Bible verses, have stronger argument, and that is; ..... do what is good in your eyes, by your

I'm a JW but not the common one anyways it does amazed me how we had 6 months of Australia Royal Child sex commission founded by the government to investigate all child abuse cases and nothing was pub

I'm a JW but not the common one anyways it does amazed me how we had 6 months of Australia Royal Child sex commission founded by the government to investigate all child abuse cases and nothing was published or was announced or made public of the outcome in the JW org. Shameful indeed. Is like nothing happened. And the worst was the answers given at the royal commission by the elders and one GB who had to give testimony. 

36 minutes ago, Jay Iza said:

I'm a JW but not the common one anyways it does amazed me how we had 6 months of Australia Royal Child sex commission founded by the government to investigate all child abuse cases and nothing was published or was announced or made public of the outcome in the JW org. Shameful indeed. Is like nothing happened. And the worst was the answers given at the royal commission by the elders and one GB who had to give testimony. 

The Australian Royal commision is only one thing, and i think the investigation lasted 3 years.

Here in the UK we had the Charity Commision do a similar investigation with similar results.

And there is mention of the IICSA, ( Inquiry Into Child Sexual Abuse ),  doing a deeper investigation here in the UK.

In Canada the Superior Court of Quebec have been trying to file a, $66 million, lawsuit against the JW Org/Watchtower.

In the Netherlands a foundations known as 'Reclaimed Voices' are helping victims of sexual abuse within the JW Org.

In USA there have been so many court cases, fines, compensation paid by the JW Org, it is getting difficult to follow now.

Much of my information is out of date as it seems that news about these things is somehow being hidden from public view. 

There is so much information on Goggle about Child Abuse within the JW Org / Watchtower Soc, so much Pedophilia being reported, BUT go careful what you believe and research how old the news is as it does get confusing with so much to read. 

4 minutes ago, Anna said:

Oh what massive lies the GB and their legal departments tell.

What they put in print does not match up with what they do in practice. 

Unless you want to believe that all the VICTIMS tell lies. 

But then you probably don't want the truth on this matter. 

Get it in your head, the GB didn't care. The victims were just collateral damage, expendable. 

The GB care now of course because the truth is made known and the GB and the JW org is suffering financially and losing face.. 

But what is most important is that God and His son have been brought low and made objects of insult. 

4 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

What they put in print does not match up with what they do in practice. 

Well it's for everybody to see and check for themselves isn't it? I mean If I was a mother and my child told me someone from the congregation molested them, and I would go to the elders, I would expect things to go according to that "safeguarding policy". And if it didn't, I have that document to point to don't I?

9 minutes ago, Anna said:

Well it's for everybody to see and check for themselves isn't it? I mean If I was a mother and my child told me someone from the congregation molested them, and I would go to the elders, I would expect things to go according to that "safeguarding policy". And if it didn't, I have that document to point to don't I?

Part of that document says that Children are not separated from their parents. 

Evidence given in at least one court case says that an Elder sexually assaulted a young girl when the Elder took the girl on the ministry in his pick up truck. This seemed to have happened more than once. 

In another case a  girl said she was sexually assaulted when an Elder was giving her a bible study. 

In both cases the Elder must have been alone with a child.  Your choice if you believe these victims or not. 

As you mention above you would have that document, but what if the Elders called your child or you a LIAR ?

Do you believe these victims or do you think they are all guided by Satan to tell lies against the GB and the ORG. 

You have to make a choice what you believe, then you have to stand by your choice of belief. That is what I did. 

8 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Do you believe these victims or do you think they are all guided by Satan to tell lies against the GB and the ORG. 

I believe the victims, and yes, this did happen years ago.

9 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

Evidence given in at least one court case says that an Elder sexually assaulted a young girl when the Elder took the girl on the ministry in his pick up truck.

This sounds like the Candace Conti case,, that happened in the 80's

10 minutes ago, JOHN BUTLER said:

In another case a  girl said she was sexually assaulted when an Elder was giving her a bible study. 

This also happened in the 80's

You live and learn. I can assure you this no longer happens. What has been happening in recent years is exactly as is written in the document, with the addition that now the child molester is made known to parents.

Why don't you test out the safe guarding policy yourself, instead of claiming that it is not being followed? Why don't you tell the elders of the accusation you have learned of? 

5. When elders learn of an accusation of child abuse, they immediately consult with the branch
office of Jehovah’s Witnesses to ensure compliance with child abuse reporting laws.
(Romans 13:1)
Even if the elders have no legal duty to report an accusation to the authorities, the branch office of Jehovah’s
Witnesses will instruct the elders to report the matter if a minor is still in danger of abuse or
there is some other valid reason. Elders also ensure that the victim’s parents are informed of an accusation
of child abuse. If the alleged abuser is one of the victim’s parents, the elders will inform the
other parent

3 minutes ago, Anna said:

Why don't you test out the safe guarding policy yourself, instead of claiming that it is not being followed? Why don't you tell the elders of the accusation you have learned of? 

5. When elders learn of an accusation of child abuse, they immediately consult with the branch
office of Jehovah’s Witnesses to ensure compliance with child abuse reporting laws.
(Romans 13:1)
Even if the elders have no legal duty to report an accusation to the authorities, the branch office of Jehovah’s
Witnesses will instruct the elders to report the matter if a minor is still in danger of abuse or
there is some other valid reason. Elders also ensure that the victim’s parents are informed of an accusation
of child abuse. If the alleged abuser is one of the victim’s parents, the elders will inform the
other parent

Why cant the policy state to take it to the police first? 

Who is more trained to handle these types of situations? Elders/police? 

2 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Why cant the policy state to take it to the police first? 

Who is more trained to handle these types of situations? Elders/police? 

10. Child abuse is a serious sin. If an alleged abuser is a member of the congregation, the elders
conduct a Scriptural investigation. This is a purely religious proceeding handled by elders according
to Scriptural instructions and is limited to the issue of membership as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
A
member of the congregation who is an unrepentant child abuser is expelled from the congregation and
is no longer considered one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. (1 Corinthians 5:13) The elders’ handling of an
accusation of child abuse is not a replacement for the authorities’ handling of the matter
.—Romans

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.