Jack Ryan

JW's: How do you feel about being told that you MUST wear your badge even when out to dinner at night with your family after a convention?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Jack Ryan -

Top Posters

On 7/22/2019 at 7:07 AM, Anna said:

As Srecko mentions, it is a recommendation (not a MUST) Soooo.....where's the problem?

Can you point me to watchtower literature on this please?

Also, are those that chose NOT to wear their logo reported?

41 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

I would think intelligent people would consider the simplicity of a visual badge that sometimes companies use to identify such conventioneers to automatically include a discount on their bill rather than have to go through the trouble of having that person, prove it. How so! Oh! Intelligence! The freedom! To be or not to be, that is the question

What ARE you going on about?

So, you get "discounts" when you wear your organisation ( the watchtower ) logo?

red herrings, much?

2 hours ago, Anna said:

The Governing Body is not some infallible authority over us. Jesus and Jehovah do not give them direct revelations of what they should do or say.

Yes, they are your infallible authority over you.

And yes, "Jehovah" DOES speak through the watchtower.

"commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah … commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah…" The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah" - How? pp.58,62

"… commission to speak as a "prophet" in His name…" Watchtower 1972 Mar 15 p.189

"The Watchtower is a magazine without equal in the earth …. This is not giving any credit to the magazine's publishers, but is due to the great Author of the Bible with it truths and prophecies, and who now interprets its prophecies." Watchtower 1943 Apr 15 p.127

"The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. God feeds his own people, and surely God uses those who love and serve him according to his own will. Those who oppose The Watchtower are not capable of discerning the truth that God is giving to the children of his organization, and this is the very strongest proof that such opposers are not of God's organization." Watchtower 1931 Nov 1 p.327

"Avoid independent thinking...questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization. ( ie: the watchtower organisation )" (Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1983 pg. 22)

"Fight against independent thinking." (Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1983 pg. 27 )

Avoid Independant though.jpg

Wow ... two things just happened here ... Billythekid46 gave an intelligent comment ... AND he refrained from calling someone an ignorant, uneducated apostate fool and condemning them to damnation .... both in the same post!

Mark your Calendars!

Of course, his perspective was COMPLETELY about the monetary advantage ... which is pretty normal for a Watchtower Lawyer.

However, when checking into a room at a Hotel, I have NEVER been questioned about "Are you REALLY one of Jehovah's Witnesses", to get any available discount ..... or anywhere else.

Billy the Monetary Kid 46.jpg

14 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Their wearing badges advertising  the convention

I said this too, with other wording :))

14 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Next thing you know, Srecko will be saying that JWs in the concentration camps wore purple triangles to “promote JW religion.”

Of course not. Imagination and associatively connecting this two sort of "badges" in your mind is not what i mean. :)))

Purple triangle is forced by "Enemies" who made segregation by their normative. 

Convention Badge is voluntary identification of belonging to some group (religious in this case).

9 hours ago, Anna said:

Jesus and Jehovah do not give them direct revelations of what they should do or say. If that were the case, there would never be any error on their part.

Oh, but i think how this reasoning can be problematic.

Because, many past Servants of God received "direct revelations" of every sort and in various shapes and forms, but was/were still living in own errors daily, and their errors has been reflected many times on other people life.

9 hours ago, Anna said:

Perhaps also it helps the brothers and sisters remember who they are, in case they get a little forgetful

I need this in every day life :))) Memorized is hard task for me. 

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Oh, but i think how this reasoning can be problematic.

Because, many past Servants of God received "direct revelations" of every sort and in various shapes and forms, but was/were still living in own errors daily, and their errors has been reflected many times on other people life.

I wasn't talking about their "living in own" errors, the imperfection we all have, I was talking about error in direct revelation.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.