The World News Media

JW's: How do you feel about being told that you MUST wear your badge even when out to dinner at night with your family after a convention?

Jack Ryan

Those who love Jehovah will follow the lead of his organization and stay on the path of righteousness that leads to everlasting life.  Those who leave Jehovah's true organization and become apostates and try to mislead others or place doubts in their minds are on that other path....the one that leads to destruction, along with Satan and his followers.   I choose to listen to Jehovah and his servants!

• Views 2.6k
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Jack Ryan said:How do you feel about being told that you MUST wear your badge even when out to dinner at night with your family after a convention? Never happened yet. But if it did, I would tak

Does wearing a badge determine if one is on the path of righteousness?  Do you remember the cross and crown on the early Watchtower magazines?  It is a Masonic symbol that can be worn as a pin.  Would

The Brothers in Mexico, specifically, the Sierra Madre Mountains had the same problem with badges we have ... people expected to see them all the time. We don't need no stinking badges!.mp4

Posted Images

And.....why do some people BOLDLY say certain things about JW's without getting their facts straight?

If you imply that you know what your talking about, then my goodness, do some proper research, before you destroy all your credibility and look like a fool.

People will catch on given enough time.

1 hour ago, Patricia A Trotter said:

Those who love Jehovah will follow the lead of his organization and stay on the path of righteousness that leads to everlasting life.  Those who leave Jehovah's true organization and become apostates and try to mislead others or place doubts in their minds are on that other path....the one that leads to destruction, along with Satan and his followers.   I choose to listen to Jehovah and his servants!

Does wearing a badge determine if one is on the path of righteousness?  Do you remember the cross and crown on the early Watchtower magazines?  It is a Masonic symbol that can be worn as a pin.  Would wearing it show you were on the path of righteousness when it was used by the Watchtower; and, would you wear it today, or is it not acceptable jewelry  for those who desire to remain on the path of righteousness?  If not, who is the apostate?  Wouldn't the apostates be your brothers and sisters from years past, who treasured this symbol as representing their "organization"?

You say, "those who leave Jehovah's organization..."  Is God and the organization inseparably linked?   Isa 46:5

Image result for cross and crown badge for JWs

Image result for Zion's Watchtower

12 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

slowly walked through road, a little sloppy because of the tiredness of each and every type, the clothes were no longer so neat, somehow looked under power of drink or tired  or both :)) ,.... but they had badges.

Maybe they should have taken them off 😀

The Governing Body is not some infallible authority over us. Jesus and Jehovah do not give them direct revelations of what they should do or say. If that were the case, there would never be any error on their part. Jehovah and Jesus do not tell the GB that all Witnesses at conventions should wear their badges when out. Their direction comes from what is already in the Bible, and where there is no clear or direct Biblical support for or against, they can can make recommendations as they see fit in their opinion. However, they cannot (and should not) command anyone what to do. If they were to do that, they would be abusing their position, which is feeding the flock with spiritual food, which does not entail giving out commands based on opinion. The only justification for commanding anything is if it is a command in the Bible. The Bible does say "be obedient to those taking the lead". However, this is not an absolute. We know we would not obey anything that was contrary to the Bible. In saying "be obedient to those taking the lead", the assumption is that this would be something beneficial and reasonable and not against scripture.  I would say wearing name badges while out is reasonable. It advertises the convention, it encourages questions and conversation, and it's fun to see others out and about and see they belong to us. There is nothing odd about it. Perhaps also it helps the brothers and sisters remember who they are, in case they get a little forgetful....all these things are probably the most likely reasons for this recommendation,  BUT it is still an option whether one wears one or not. No one that I know of stresses about it either way. Some like to wear something more comfy than a suit and tie while at a restaurant, and some get positively worried about spilling something on their tie (my husband is one). The most obvious reason for changing into different clothes is that not everybody goes out to eat straight after the convention. Some go to their hotel to chill first. And no one chills out in their suit and tie. And to put the suit and tie back on just to go and eat out at a moderate restaurant could be a little odd. Plus it would be extra hard to get the kids back into their fancy clothes after they've spent an hour at the swimming pool..... So, no one I know of purposefully takes their name badge off, but if it so happens that they do get changed into something else, the name badge most likely doesn't go back on....

41 minutes ago, BillyTheKid46 said:

I would think intelligent people would consider the simplicity of a visual badge that sometimes companies use to identify such conventioneers to automatically include a discount on their bill rather than have to go through the trouble of having that person, prove it. How so! Oh! Intelligence! The freedom! To be or not to be, that is the question

What ARE you going on about?

So, you get "discounts" when you wear your organisation ( the watchtower ) logo?

red herrings, much?

2 hours ago, Anna said:

The Governing Body is not some infallible authority over us. Jesus and Jehovah do not give them direct revelations of what they should do or say.

Yes, they are your infallible authority over you.

And yes, "Jehovah" DOES speak through the watchtower.

"commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah … commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah…" The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah" - How? pp.58,62

"… commission to speak as a "prophet" in His name…" Watchtower 1972 Mar 15 p.189

"The Watchtower is a magazine without equal in the earth …. This is not giving any credit to the magazine's publishers, but is due to the great Author of the Bible with it truths and prophecies, and who now interprets its prophecies." Watchtower 1943 Apr 15 p.127

"The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man's opinion is expressed in The Watchtower. God feeds his own people, and surely God uses those who love and serve him according to his own will. Those who oppose The Watchtower are not capable of discerning the truth that God is giving to the children of his organization, and this is the very strongest proof that such opposers are not of God's organization." Watchtower 1931 Nov 1 p.327

"Avoid independent thinking...questioning the counsel that is provided by God's visible organization. ( ie: the watchtower organisation )" (Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1983 pg. 22)

"Fight against independent thinking." (Watchtower, Jan. 15, 1983 pg. 27 )

Avoid Independant though.jpg

Wow ... two things just happened here ... Billythekid46 gave an intelligent comment ... AND he refrained from calling someone an ignorant, uneducated apostate fool and condemning them to damnation .... both in the same post!

Mark your Calendars!

Of course, his perspective was COMPLETELY about the monetary advantage ... which is pretty normal for a Watchtower Lawyer.

However, when checking into a room at a Hotel, I have NEVER been questioned about "Are you REALLY one of Jehovah's Witnesses", to get any available discount ..... or anywhere else.

Billy the Monetary Kid 46.jpg

14 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Their wearing badges advertising  the convention

I said this too, with other wording :))

14 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Next thing you know, Srecko will be saying that JWs in the concentration camps wore purple triangles to “promote JW religion.”

Of course not. Imagination and associatively connecting this two sort of "badges" in your mind is not what i mean. :)))

Purple triangle is forced by "Enemies" who made segregation by their normative. 

Convention Badge is voluntary identification of belonging to some group (religious in this case).

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.