The World News Media

LIVE BLOG: Jehovah's Witnesses Appeal Russian Supreme Court Ruling

The Librarian

19 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

But since the Russians still use wood burning fireplaces, and paper is just thin sheets of wood, this coming bitter winter those in Moscow will appreciate that the Governing Body gave them fuel at the proper time ... even though it cost the Brotherhood Eighty Million Dollars in International Postage, and Fifty-Four Million dollars of that was transferred to the Russian Government by the Universal Postal Union as "terminal duty" ( That means they were paid to deliver the mail at their end...).

More pathetically callous observations, reflecting the words of the apostle Paul at 1 Cor.2:14:

"A person who isn't spiritual doesn't accept the teachings of God's Spirit. He thinks they're nonsense. He can't understand them because a person must be spiritual to evaluate them."

• Views 14.8k
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agreed, Jehovah is shaking the nations by preaching work (not literally shaken). ...And this preaching work is upsetting the Russian government and the Mighty Orthodox church.....because we are effect

On Monday, July 17, 2017, a three-judge panel will consider the appeal of the Russian Supreme Court’s April 20 decision against Jehovah’s Witnesses. Further updates about the hearing will be provided

I DID NOT EXPECT IT TO GO OUR WAY!  Here are my reasons: I have been watching Russia for more than 12 years and saw its sincere "human rights lawyers and reporters" mysteriously killed on the str

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Eoin Joyce said:

More pathetically callous observations, reflecting the words of the apostle Paul at 1 Cor.2:14:

My observations of reality the way reality REALLY IS may be callous, but today with the final appeal of the Russian Federation Supreme Court ... they proved to be accurate.

... being right covers a multitude of sins .... but only among reality based, rational people.

1 hour ago, Eoin Joyce said:

"A person who isn't spiritual doesn't accept the teachings of God's Spirit. He thinks they're nonsense. He can't understand them because a person must be spiritual to evaluate them."

As a man who has never claimed to be anything but a self-assessed Barbarian, with no spiritual qualifications whatsoever ... your quoting that Scripture seems to have absolutely no relevance whatsoever to anything I have ever stated.

If you would please, correct me with a (or some) specific example(s) of a teaching of God's Spirit that I have NOT accepted.

It should be clear and unambiguous, and REAL.

Opinion is  ... um ... irrelevant.

I DID NOT EXPECT IT TO GO OUR WAY!  Here are my reasons:

I have been watching Russia for more than 12 years and saw its sincere "human rights lawyers and reporters" mysteriously killed on the streets with no-one being brought to justice.  In the past I have called it a thugocracy! They killed dissidents in other countries too - think of the polonium-210  killing in London which grabbed some headlines! (please watch the video link I put in my previous comment about Russia.)

Putin has made the Russian Orthodox religion his bedfellow in creating a new Russian-religious Nationalism.  Russian pride is at an all-time high and this is their food at present which unites them against all else /anything different. Many people are joining the orthodox church because Putin is the equivalent to a pop-star god and he seen as a strong leader.  He is dangerous, shrewd and a killer!  No-one stands in his way - totalitarian.... and his bedfellow church is the same! 

By shrewd selling of weapons and assistance his influence is increasing in the world  (especially the middle east). The Russians love him for it.

Satan is blinding the eyes of the world leaders.  Putin is also keeping the lid on the 27 million Muslims in his country by brutal oppression. Searches and Indiscriminate jailing of these people have made them live in fear of the government.... 

Like his cold war predecessors - Putin and the Russian government is putting on a façade - allowing this high supreme court case, just to make this ban on JWs legal in the eyes of the people - justice has been through the process..... the quality of the process does not matter.  There was never an intention to listen to arguments in a fair /just way..... It was a set decision beforehand and the entire country is in a trance propagated by the Russian propaganda machine. All "feel" the same in their nationalism.   (Remember the Nazi machine of pride and nationalism?  A modern version of it...no right and wrong standards with injustices perpetrated and victims with no rights.)

It is therefore not a surprise that Russia is the first country to stand in the "holy place" - I expect more and more to join this stance against Jehovah's defenseless people.   We do believe that it is the time of the end, don't we?  Then expect more to come. 

We will suffer - but Jehovah will cut it off at the right time.  We will be dragged before governors and give our witness.  And our enemies will be deriding us - where is your god now?  Why does he not save you?  

The propaganda of Satan (expressions of demons) is everywhere - going out to divide the earth as never before ! to get them ready for Armageddon. Rev 16:14-16.  Religious hate (religions hating each other and weapons training in religious nationalism is something new), hard-core racial hatred, and political party hatred (militant far-left and militant far-right) are getting people worked up for violence and fierceness to perpetrate unthinkable things against their fellow man in future. (brother killing brother).

In the world there is not a place where there is not one or other form of hatred being propagated.  The values of right and wrong have disappeared.  Most Christians nations (especially Europe) are Christians at face value only because philosophies of humanist nature have taken its place....All religions are equal they say.... there is no right and wrong....  

In this moral confusion the pressure pot is building - and the longer it builds- the bigger the explosion.  Whether we will see another world war - I do not know.  Whether we will see an ISIS-like organization take over in Europe and Canada - I do not know.   All I can see is signs of a building hatred amongst people which is directly from Satan.

Satan wants to control the world completely and stamp out Jehovah's worship.  He is using imperialistic false religion and political systems to do this.  In previous generations there were decent people who held back this overwhelming control of satan but now there are very little wise people left with a sincere love for god.  In many countries there is an inordinate surge in Spiritism  - practiced on a daily basis with druids and witch doctors....  I saw this while living in Africa and England and have been watching the trends.

Jehovah is now allowing the nations to be shaken (refugees moving everywhere) so that we can bring them the message and they receive an opportunity to choose... so keep busy while we have freedom to do so.

I see signs of Jehovah's Witness enemies using Facebook and false news to perpetuate and spread vile lies about us and build a hatred against us.... Who is behind this?  Satan of course.  

So my brothers....and sisters. Keep yourself in Jehovah's love..... do not stray and keep the eyes simple and focussed.  Do not collect material things or influence for yourself ..... it is not the time to contemplate these things... because they can be taken away from you in one minute....

Jesus did not say without reason it will be the worst tribulation ever! 

3 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Jehovah is now allowing the nations to be shaken (refugees moving everywhere)

I agree with your views expressed very well here. Just to add that whilst indeed the movement of people is due to the "shaking" of this world system, Jehovah's "shaking" of the nations (Hag.2:7) is by means of the preaching that we do. Personal focus and involvement in that activity as much as we can at this time will serve greatly in our endeavour to keep ourselves in Jehovah's love. 

My observations of reality the way reality REALLY IS may be callous

What is reality?   Each person experiences reality in a different way except when we collectively accept the reality of Jehovah and the reality of his restoration project of the earth (as written in the bible) and the values of good and bad it instills in us. We hence can say : if we follow the truth of the bible we are focusing on the true reality.  All other stuff is really going to become garbage in future although these ugly, painful things are now a part of our collective reality.

My definition of true faith is based on Hebrew 11:1 : it is the search for reality (evidence) and how this reality will affect your view on all life on earth, human and animal.

Is this not also the definition of science?  The search for reality and how this will affect your view of all other life?   Take for example the theory of evolution - to some this is reality..... even though the "evidence" is not there!  And how did this theory affect their view of other life?  Well Nazi Germany is a good example.  The idea of survival of the fittest gave way to "engineering of the german nation" and discarding disabled or other nations (not seen as worthy) to be exterminated....

While we may accept the reality of the Kingdom and its future hope we may be at odds with the teachings of the Bible.  Our reality can be affected by being too egotistical, too brazen, too disruptive, too critical, too unloving.  How do we use our power?  All of us have power over each other and we can cooperate or be a dissonant sound.

If a child does not listen to his parents he is actually using the power he has over them to make their lives a misery.  Similarly, it is easy to put the blame elsewhere and criticize the brothers when the finger is pointing back at us.  How humble are you to try to always cooperate and work together - be a force for good.   

Use your powers for building others up - not being the disruptive sound in the orchestra.  One can still exercise your talents and be an individual without stepping onto the toes of everyone else.  Be emotionally sensitive.  Work hard - not just on the  IQ but more so - on the Emotional IQ. 

There are many brothers and sisters with exceptional talents but they keep these in check (in their place) to put Jehovah first.

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

By shrewd selling of weapons and assistance his influence is increasing in the world  (especially the middle east). The Russians love him for it.

America is bombing more countries than is he.

Look, he's not my pal, but we are wrong if we demonize anyone personally - it's just buying into Western media. Who is there knowing whether with him it will one day be: "The man who formerly persecuted us is not declaring the good news about the faith that he formerly devastated."

No, I don't think it likely, either. But neither was it with Paul. Why poison the well?

And you feel the same way, most likely. It's just that with such a blatant injustice, it is hard not to look for a human villain. That is easy to understand.

It's good that you are here, putting in the loyal comments that you do.

I do not watch much western media - I keep a careful watch on the middle east because I preach mostly to Muslims - so I like to know what is going on. I watch arabic sites.

I have been watching Russia for many years...... as I never believed that perestroika was permanent.... 

Russia has been making alliances with Iran and selling weapons to them (a country who preaches every week against America in their Mosques and has bad intentions to America and the west - Shia muslim country);  Russia has been helping Assad with the war because he wanted access to the ports there - which he now has.  I do not think he will keep his access open there!  Russia has been making overtures to Turkey (Sunni muslim) and selling weapons - creating alliances. He is building alliances ....  Putin is looking very strong to his own people.... there is no denying this even though the economy is not perfect. 

They are a government like all other under satan's power.... but some governments are more dangerous than others ... like north Korea for instance could create instability on a whim.  The world is volatile now and I am not vilifying only one country - but since this blog is about Russia I wrote what I think about Russia and their record is fraught with killing - even blatantly annexing areas such as the Ukraine problem...  like Hitler, he knew he can get away with it because the west does not want war.  

Sweden is on high alert - they do not trust Russia.  They are calling up more soldiers for the army....  

Americans often think that showing power (bombing) is a display of power and brings respect.... unfortunately this time has passed.  Shrewdness is now the name of the game....They have great influence in electronic warfare as well!  Hacking groups (government sponsored) hacking many different countries!  Putin and his government must not be underestimated.....he has chosen to act against Jehovah!  This he will only do because Jehovah allows him to!

9 hours ago, Eoin Joyce said:
16 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

As a man ..........., with no spiritual qualifications

If you are referring to yourself here, why do you need examples?

Eoin Joyce:

I do not need examples of my statements, for my entertainment ..... YOU need to show examples of my statements to show that there is a rational basis for the scripture you quoted had anything whatsoever with anything I have ever said.

It is a quite common occurrence that when people do not like what someone has said, based on their ingrained CULTURAL values,  that they root around for a scripture to support their intellectual position, and attempt to beat someone over the head with it.

The scripture you quoted was a fine scripture ... but my position ( since I do know what statements that I make..) is that it was completely irrelevant to the conversational thread ACTUALLY taking place. 

Similar to using the scripture " ... after I leave, wolves will enter in among the flock .." to support the supposition that one's dog is going to go to heaven, reasoning that "Uh... well... a dog is a kinda wolf!" That is wrong on SEVERAL levels.

I have challenged you to show the relevance of THAT specific scripture you quoted as a reply, to those SPECIFIC statements that I was making ... or even allowing any have EVER made in over 7,000 of my comments.

Further, if you refuse to make the connection ... AND since there is prima fascia evidence that there IS NO CONNECTION, then you are just trying to support your pique by bullying someone with a Scripture that has nothing to do with what was being discussed ... or anything I have EVER said.

I do not think there is any connection, and have a legitimate reason to accuse you of attempting to bully.

If you CAN logically and reasonably show the connection, then I am wrong, and your point is valid.

I don't have any spiritual qualifications, but all that is required is a moderate ability to reason.

If, as an example,  a member of the Governing Body is wrong about something, he may have IMMENSE spiritual qualifications, but he is STILL WRONG about that something, whatever it might be.

I DON'T NEED EXAMPLES ....... YOU DO!

Your credibility and a fair impunement of your motives are on the line if you don't have any ...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.