The World News Media

Will We See Literal "Signs" in the Sun, Moon and Stars? ???

Bible Speaks

• Views 3.3k
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But before,  we will see still some other  SIGNS....  example,  PEACE & SECURITY !

We shall see,  if that day will going compliant with Jehovah's plan of our worldwide peace and security,  @Julie Bayley  maybe its working perfect with our ENDTIME...  We shall see, okay?  Greeti

Go to our jw.org  Broadcasting,  they're now already there.  Maybe you must scroll little down.  Enjoy !  Agape 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Both @JW Insiderand @James Thomas Rook Jr. have proven capable of presentation and I do not see how either can hold the Governing Body accountable, though one may try.

I do not have the ability, the will, or the energy to hold the Governing Body accountable to anything ... my hope is that they will HOLD THEMSELVES accountable if for no other reason that it is affecting the donations.

I am sure they have noticed that people are voting with their wallets ... if not also their feet.

Whether they really care or not I do not know .... I try NOT to project what I think, as what THEY think.

3 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Guess where the paying sponsors come from. (Hint: the fossil fuel industry.)

Actually, most "Climate Scientists" directly and  indirectly work for the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, (NOAA) which runs the U.S. Weather Bureaus .... and these agencys have evolved over the years into bastions of liberal "groupspeak" ... where "facespeak" is a fine art.

I used to work for an employment agency in Los Angeles, and the HARDEST job to get for someone was that of a "Weatherman".

I was unsuccessful.

It's the poor schlub working for a modest salary that is the most vulnerable to groupspeak.

57 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Actually, most "Climate Scientists" directly and  indirectly work for the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, (NOAA) which runs the U.S. Weather Bureaus .... and these agencys have evolved over the years into bastions of liberal "groupspeak" ... where "facespeak" is a fine art.

Ultimately, it's not a matter of who they work for or who they speak for, or even if 99.9% of scientists all said the same thing. In past millennia when "science" was more of an art, it was possible for 100% of "scientists" to be wrong about a premise or hypothesis. (And of course I'm not talking about being wrong in the sense that Isaac Newton was supposedly wrong just because Einstein and others came along and improved on the physics out at the extremes of experience.)

The only relevant question is whether there is data to support the idea that humans are having an effect on the earth's climate. If a few conservatives had discovered data to support this idea, liberals might be going crazy trying to deny it. If a few liberals had discovered data to support this idea, conservatives might be going crazy trying to deny it. That's why it's best to just look at the data, and not who is presenting the data. Otherwise we are more interested in the ad hominem argument instead of the facts themselves. Besides, remember how often you yourself have pointed out that even if Satan himself (aka Al Gore?) were to present truth then it's still truth. 

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I do not have the ability, the will, or the energy to hold the Governing Body accountable to anything ... my hope is that they will HOLD THEMSELVES accountable if for no other reason that it is affecting the donations...

Whether they really care or not I do not know .... I try NOT to project what I think, as what THEY think

Why in the world would you assume I am speaking of you? The other guy looks a little slippery to me, you know. 

21 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Otherwise we are more interested in the ad hominem argument instead of the facts themselves.

I have run this by Dr. Adhominem and he has agreed to monitor any attacks and assess penalties.

and for YOU TTH:

You see, I understand you were  were just playin' around, but the mule, he just doesn't get it. Course, if you were to  apologize...

[TTH  Laughs]

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'.

You see, my mule don't like people laughing.

He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

16 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Besides, @James Thomas Rook Jr., don't think I don't know about your alter-ego. You are also using multiple accounts. You can't hide it from me. 

You are @Witness and @Ann O'Maly. besides JTR. Don't tell me otherwise. 

Your style gives you away.

Suuure. Three persons in one being: JTR the Father, Witness the Begotten, and Ann the Sarcastic.

On 9/16/2017 at 5:54 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

.... perhaps a new thread should be created for a science lesson I could talk for days about.

Come on, big boy - have at it. Seriously. I really want to see it. I will even allow that I probably fall into your camp on this, but I want to hear the other side from someone informed yet not obnoxious or condescending and @JW Insiderseems good to go and I have extracted a promise from him to keep his submissions under the length of a phone book.

I probably won't join in much because I agree with @Queen Esther that it is not the prime issue for a Christian, but that does not mean it's not something well to hear both sides of. 

If you hang out on one side, you will think the other side global elitists who want to use concocted  'climate change' as a wedge to advance unlimited government intervention. If you hang out with the other side, you will think the climate change 'denyers' (itself a term of ridicule) are self-centered greedy people who gladly sell their own grandchildren down the river so they can enjoy their profits and high living now.

It is typical of the way the world addresses anything today and is the reason the system will not be missed when it is replaced by the kingdom. Two big stupid animals ramming each other with their horns: THAT is the image you want to send into outer space to tell any aliens how we run things here. 

The moment has arrived. right here on the World Media News forum, to begin a civil and informed discussion - the first one ever about anything. History will be made. In heaven they will say: 'you know, people can get along, they are not the basket cases we thought they were - maybe it's time to feel regret over our plans.' 'Why don't you be wise and make MY heart rejoice for a change,' says the Devil. 'Come on! Just once show that people outside of theocratic concerns can talk to the other side without resorting to hurling insults.'

Do not shrink back. Advertise advertise advertise the claims of one side or the other and let the inquisitive reader decide!

TTH:

Perhaps I will fire up my old software, "Dragon Naturally Speaking, Version 12", (DNS) which I bought to write MY books with, and it will transcribe my voice almost as fast as I can speak with about 99.5% accuracy, and get into a phone book long debate, just for the fun of it.

I have been trying to use previous versions over many years, and it (for me) was all hopeful thinking junk.

I wasted money on all that came before version 12.

Version  12  evolved into a TERRIFIC piece of software.

So good, I have NOT considered an upgrade.

Remember though ... I used to do Solar Insolation calculations for a living, at $105 an hour ( plus per diem ) ... and if I did not understand what I was doing the engineering firms I worked for would fire me in an instant.

I am also an avid amateur astronomer and amateur astro-physicists only to the level of popular science magazines such as "Scientific American" BUT I can naturally visualize energy transfers between materials, and thermal inertias and dynamics .... it drives my wife crazy I gush about how light and energies beyond visible light bounce off, and is absorbed by things,  when I am driving.

I use Reverse Polish Notation math, and she teaches Algebra in High School .... a completely different way of thinking.

One problem with extended debates is that the watchers often do not have enough background to understand  ANYTHING ... except that someone appears to be losing, and someone appears to be winning ... and If I did it .. it would be to teach physics and astronomy, and the laws of thermodynamics, for the fun of it.

I care NOTHING about winning for the sake of winning.

Except perhaps in a gun fight.

Besides, one of my dogs had an "accident" in the corner of my writing room, and I have to clean up dog poop.

After that, I am fixing us blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

I will try not to get those three  jobs  mixed up.

In the meantime ... see if Ebay will sell you an old version of DNS version 12, cheap ... it's worth the search, and you may want to carefully read Wikipedia's article on Milankovitch cycles, at the following link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

Those two  are extremely helpful.

So is winning a gun fight.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.