The World News Media

What does not passing the collection plate really mean anyway?

Shiwiii

1 hour ago, Shiwiii said:

Why is there a need to have more than one box labeled for "worldwide

1. Saves dismantling the kingdom hall furniture.....and putting it back together for the next meeting?
  2. Or could it be that one box just won't be enough???
  3. Dunno???

Choose one answer only and send your answer on a postcard please.

image.jpeg

• Views 7.9k
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The rewards program goes like this, as an example ... The JW singer Prince (PBUH) contributed about $38 thousand dollars a month to his local Kingdom Hall.  Most of this was sent to Brooklyn, whi

Anna you have answer before eyes :))))  

I don't know about you, but I LIKE flying Business Class .... it makes flying First Class like being in a cardboard box. I only flew business class one time, from North Carolina to Norway, and th

Posted Images

21 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

... tantrum.

It seems this is your only response to facts given to you that contradict the picture painted for you by the wt. 

There is a term for this and its called 'Psychological projection'. 

Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others

20 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:
  1. Saves dismantling the kingdom hall furniture.....and putting it back together for the next meeting?
  2. Or could it be that one box just won't be enough???
  3. Dunno???

Choose one answer only and send your answer on a postcard please.

That is all you could come up with for answers to why the wt says one thing and does another? 

I suspect your answer is #3

5 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

There is a term for this and its called 'Psychological projection'.

I'm sure there is.

Whenever I am stuck, I also reach for some highbrow perch from where I can sneer at ones who have not yielded. I wonder too, at how they cope with their 'cognitive dissonance,' - as in:  "Surely your cognitive dissonance must be crippling you if you can withstand the brute force of my brilliant reasoning!"

No, @Shiwiii, your point, which you have repackaged endlessly for re-submission each time you see it shot down, is not valid. It is juvenile. 

Nobody is less intrusive than Jehovah's Witnesses when it comes to money matters.

22 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Nobody is less intrusive than Jehovah's Witnesses when it comes to money matters.

Give me a break, seriously? Why is there even a requirement for $$$ per person in a cong?

Why make videos showing little kids giving up their ice cream money to the org?

Why come out with video after video instructing the jws on how to give money. Why the continual selling off of real estate for millions, but yet still take from the congs by selling THIER k-halls?

Why make a mandate that pays off a loan for a kh but still demands the same payment indefinitely? 

This is above and beyond what any group or church does that is not part of a money making scheme. 

Do you think God needs money? I suspect you don't, so who is it that needs your money? That is the basis of this whole topic. I understand you do not want to look at a bigger picture, its ok. The bigger picture will present itself soon enough. The pieces are there, the documentation is out, the gig is up, but there are always diehards who still believe the emperor has the finest clothes around. 

Somewhere there is someone saying "how long must I put up with you?' Sigh....I mean, C'mon! Are there no limits?

47 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Why make videos showing little kids giving up their ice cream money to the org?

Why come out with video after video instructing the jws on how to give money. Why the continual selling off of real estate for millions, but yet still take from the congs by selling THIER k-halls?

In their overall picture, the videos represent one tenth of one percent of their output, if that. And they are shown infrequently.

50 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Do you think God needs money? I suspect you don't, so who is it that needs your money?

The people who have undertaken to do the task his word assigns to them, of Matt 24:14. Witnesses can look around everywhere and see that the money they donate is being put to good use.

49 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Give me a break, seriously? Why is there even a requirement for $$$ per person in a cong?

A suggestion is not a requirement. And even that is an aggregate amount per congregation - not per person. We have covered this. Why do you carry on as though we haven't?

49 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Why make a mandate that pays off a loan for a kh but still demands the same payment indefinitely? 

A suggestion is not a requirement.

Look, if you hate the message, you will hate the messenger. That is a valid position - to hate the message. Just be upfront about it, would you please?

1 minute ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Somewhere there is someone saying "how long must I put up with you?' Sigh....I mean, C'mon! Are there no limits?

Its super easy Tom, STOP REPLYING

A suggestion is not a requirement. And even that is an aggregate amount per congregation - not per person. We have covered this. Why do you carry on as though we haven't?

Because you sidestepped it.

2 hours ago, Shiwiii said:
23 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

Don't you feel like Balaam at times?

please elaborate, because I fail to see any connection to the topic being discussed here. 

Meditate on the content of your contributions. (No pun intended). It wouldn't be fair for me to spell it out. I'll give you a clue:

On 10/3/2017 at 10:10 PM, Shiwiii said:

they don't beg/ask/request/demand money like the rest of christendom does, what a blessing. 

11 minutes ago, Gone Fishing said:

Meditate on the content of your contributions. (No pun intended). It wouldn't be fair for me to spell it out. I'll give you a clue:

You're not trying to tell me that you are a donkey are you?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.