The World News Media

What does not passing the collection plate really mean anyway?

Shiwiii

1 minute ago, Gone Fishing said:

No not me. Are you thinking of @Srecko Sostar who said:

"i am just "mule" who stubbornly stops on the road  and speak :))))))))) find the parable if you can, hehehe "

well then if you have something to say, say it. It won't hurt my feelings.

Do you think I am going against "God's people" by exposing the hypocrisy spouted by the WT?

Is that your intention with the Balaam comment? Listen GF, if you want to call each other names in a sly fashion by means of using scripture and assigning characters for each, do me a favor and spell it out or write a play. I can play your game, but lets try and stick to the topic being discussed in each thread instead of trying to divert from facts. This seems to be a popular tactic of jws when they have no answers. 

• Views 7.9k
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The rewards program goes like this, as an example ... The JW singer Prince (PBUH) contributed about $38 thousand dollars a month to his local Kingdom Hall.  Most of this was sent to Brooklyn, whi

Anna you have answer before eyes :))))  

I don't know about you, but I LIKE flying Business Class .... it makes flying First Class like being in a cardboard box. I only flew business class one time, from North Carolina to Norway, and th

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

I've said it.

27 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

the Balaam comment

Balaam wasn't able to curse God's people. Neither are you. Your jibes are impotent and your sarcasm serves only to speak the truth, albeit against your will.

I'm not calling you names or playing games. There is no need. You walk with no disguise.

And your feelings....I wouldn't want to add to the pain you exhibit in these postings, so there's no hidden venom here. It's you who suggested I am a donkey, although I could take that as a compliment in context. But no, I can't claim that role, so I have just referred you to an appropriate posting.

Anyway, I see you have the point, and as for the topic, it feels just about exhausted so I'm gonna "pass the plate." 

1 minute ago, Gone Fishing said:

You walk with no disguise.

This is the first true statement you've made about me. 

2 minutes ago, Gone Fishing said:

Anyway, I see you have the point, and as for the topic, it feels just about exhausted so I'm gonna "pass the plate." 

This was in response to what? This comment:

47 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

I can play your game, but lets try and stick to the topic being discussed in each thread instead of trying to divert from facts. This seems to be a popular tactic of jws when they have no answers. 

I guess my point DID come across correctly. 

4 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:
5 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

I've said it.

"What do you say?"

"I've said it."

"Do you have any more?"

'Howoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!     ...  Hey Bulldog,   the Beatles

8 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

This was in response to what? This comment:

9 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

I can play your game, but lets try and stick to the topic being discussed in each thread instead of trying to divert from facts. This seems to be a popular tactic of jws when they have no answers. 

I guess my point DID come across correctly. 

No, not that comment

This one shows you got the point:

11 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

You're not trying to tell me that you are a donkey are you?

18 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

No not me. Are you thinking of @Srecko Sostar who said:

"i am just "mule" who stubbornly stops on the road  and speak :))))))))) find the parable if you can, hehehe "

if you are a donkey or a mule (like me :)))))))))))), you can say what you want and how you want, no one will blame you! True? ahahhaaha

9 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

No, not that comment

This one shows you got the point:

you got me darn it! I followed you into the rabbit hole and waaayyyyy off topic............ugh! 

Back to "passing the plate", does anyone have any information that could shed light onto the subject that contrasts what has already been presented? 

6 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

Back to "passing the plate", does anyone have any information that could shed light onto the subject that contrasts what has already been presented? 

No. It has been established Witnesses don't do it. What more 'information' can be said? They either do it or they don't do it. Visit a Hall to see that they don't do it.

However, I do have information on better economic use of Kingdom Halls, which you also brought up. Historically, Witnesses living in different areas struck out from the main Kingdom Hall to build one of their own, in their own communities. Over time, some of these Halls became overcrowded and some dwindled into under-use. What a responsible use of resources - @James Thomas Rook Jr. will agree with me on this, for he is not a selfish person who thinks only of himself - to consolidate where need be, even to shut 'underperforming' buildings - so that the good of the worldwide congregation of God is realized, even if it means a longer twice-a-week commute for some who lovingly acquiesce to this financially responsible direction.

After all, shut down one dog of a Kingdom Hall in a US area that has not filled it, and you can build 20 in poorer nations that greatly need them. How loving is that?

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Over time, some of these Halls became overcrowded

Hmmm, in my area, three large congregations share one building even though many years ago land was bought to build a hall which would accommodate those coming from the far end of the territory.  The C. O. approved its purchase, even using a trailer to stay in on the property when visiting.  But, thus far, what was thought to be a new kingdom hall in the process, was squelched.  The existing hall was built by obtaining a loan locally many years ago (I believe in the 70's) ; yet, as we know, is no longer owned by the congregation.  

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

even if it means a longer twice-a-week commute for some who lovingly acquiesce to this financially responsible direction.

Easy to say - how far do you commute?  A small hall in a very small town allowed for congregants to drive either from the south or from the east about 40 minutes to a meeting.  That small hall was eliminated by an "elders'" decision and all are to now drive to a town to the  NORTH another 45 miles from the old hall; which means, those coming from the south or east now drive almost an 1 1/2 hours to attend a meeting, if the weather is good enough to travel the rather desolate road.  

Isn't it the responsibility of a good shepherd to LOVE the sheep, accommodating to THEIR needs? 

Or, is it all money driven?  A "collection plate" can come in all forms.  

“Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God to the shepherds: “Woe to the shepherds of Israel who feed themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flocks?  You eat the fat and clothe yourselves with the wool; you slaughter the fatlings, but you do not feed the flock.  The weak you have not strengthened, nor have you healed those who were sick, nor bound up the broken, nor brought back what was driven away, nor sought what was lost; but with force and cruelty you have ruled them."  Ezek 34:2-4

12 minutes ago, Witness said:

You eat the fat and clothe yourselves with the wool; you slaughter the fatlings, but you do not feed the flock.

Well, proceeds from selling an underused building have built half the Kingdom Halls in Benin.*  Surely that is worth something. They get fed. And they will appreciate it, having long done without. Are they not also the flock?

*Not literally. Don't go off on this.

10 minutes ago, Witness said:

yet, as we know, is no longer owned by the congregation.  

Hi! Every KH , real estate, is/are in possession by WT corporation. In some part of world, countries, in specific time period, as here in Croatia or ex Yugoslavia as you wish, in period of communist political era, when private property was limited in some elements, many KH was on private names of JW members. After fall of communism in E Europe, status for JW church has changed and in time all existing KH are transferred in the hand of WT corporation.   

10 minutes ago, Witness said:

A "collection plate" can come in all forms

very witty saying :)

11 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

and in time all existing KH are transferred in the hand of WT corporation.   

Of course. This is a no-brainer. You ought not carry on as though it were evil.

Nor should you carry on about it being a 'corporation.' It is only a corporation because the laws of this world will not let you operate otherwise. Even the old individual halls were usually  'corporations' - as are church bodies - because that is the only way legally permitted for a group to own property. Even the 'apostles and old men' of the first century would have organized themselves as a corporation if that were a necessity to legally operate.

This is a big 'Duh' and for you and yours carry on as though you've discovered the secrets of the dark side is a bit much.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.