Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

TrueTomHarley -
James Thomas Rook Jr. -

Top Posters

By day I am TrueTomHarley. But by night I am the educated Dr. Wisus Maximus, instructing dumbbells in the ways of science. I am so successful that my most brilliant student, @AlanF, has surpassed me. It makes me mad! Ah well - we geniuses must be magnanimous.

Hark - here is a letter in my in-box from a plebeian now:

Dear Dr Maximus: You're nuts when you say DNA could happen in 3.5 billion years. It is too complex. If I gave you all the chemicals you needed to build a piece of bamboo and I gave you eternity will you be able to build it? How will you do it?

Dear Mr. Doof: I would simply add a few more zeroes tailing the 3.5 billion years. Surely it could happen in 3.5 trillion years, if billion does not satisfy you. Sheesh! I think billion is enough, but I will go trillion if I have to to placate the skeptics. And because I am "wisus exceptimus" (it is Latin; it means 'smart,' pal- I look it up) I happen to know that there are numbers even bigger that trillion!

All that remains is for the billions of mutations to add on to each other! Piece of cake!

It is like a pile of snow when you put more snow on it. What happens? It gets bigger!!! There's your proof!!

snowpile.jpg

• Similar Content

• By Jack Ryan
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. "The conflict between the bible and evolution has been sharp. Never the less, unnecessary friction has been generated. Only in respect to man does the bible declare a special direct creation of God. The statements of Genesis in respect to the lower creatures rather favors something along the lines of specialized evolution."

• By AlanF
      Do Jehovah's Witnesses Accept Evolution?
      Some people claim that JWs reject the Theory of Evolution in favor of the Bible's creation account in Genesis.
      But is that really true?
      Note these frank admissions in Watch Tower publications:
      "Scientists have proved evolution to be true." -- Answers to 10 Questions Young People Ask (2016) p. 27
      "Evolution is a fact." -- Answers to 10 Questions Young People Ask Work, Volume 2 (2016) p. 27; W13 10/15 p. 11; “Bearing Thorough Witness” About God’s Kingdom (2009) p. 141; G 9/06 p. 22; W04 10/1 p. 10; g90 1/22 pp. 8-10; g87 7/22 p. 10; Life - How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation? (1985) pp. 26, 180, 181; G74 9/22 p. 26
      "Evolution is as much a fact as the heat of the sun." -- G 9/06 p. 13; Was Life Created? (2010) p. 18
      "Evolution is as much a fact as the existence of gravity." -- Life - How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation? (1985) p. 181
      "Evolution is a fact; God is a myth." G90 1/22 p.11
      "Evolution is a fact. It no longer needs to be proved. No competent scientist doubts it. All educated people believe it. Only the ignorant reject it." G87 1/22 p. 10
      "There’s no question that evolution is a fact. We see examples of it every day. No responsible person questions it. It’s as much a fact as gravity and atoms!" -- G74 9/22 p. 17
      "The Bible is a myth" and "evolution is true". -- W75 7/15 p. 443; W71 1/15 p. 48; G70 4/22 p. 3
      "The theory of evolution is true". -- The Origin of Life—Five Questions Worth Asking (2010) p. 9
      AlanF
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via .ORGWorld News
    • By TrueTomHarley
      "In 1987, I came to the United States to pursue doctorate studies at Texas A&M University. I was aware that in America, many people believe in God and read the Bible. Also, I had heard that the Bible contains a lot of practical wisdom, so I thought I should read it."
      It was no more complicated than that. Later, a Witness visited Dr. Fan Yu. and offered a Bible Study, which he and later his wife accepted. He tells his story in the Awake magazine, #3, 2017.
      He was a mathematician. When he reexamined evolution, which he had absorbed because from an early age people told him to absorb it, he dismissed it on the basis of probability alone. That's what you do. You find some essential component of evolution, the odds of which could happen accidentally are greater than the number of atoms of the universe, and proceed from there.
    • By Jack Ryan
      Is it infinitely unlikely that we would share stuff like endogenous retroviruses which randomly insert into the host's genome, why we would share seven of the exact same retroviruses with chimps, bonobos etc.., inserted into the exact same location in the genome, out of 3 billion base pairs, if we didn't share a common ancestor?
      There are also random mutations (redundant pseudogenes) that we share with chimps as well such as both having the GLO gene(which syntheses its own vitamin C) switched off which is why we have to ingest it.
      Some would say the evidence for evolution is overwhelming for those who want to actually look for it.
  • Who Was Online   86 Users were Online in the Last 24 Hours   (Most members ever online in 24 hour was 92, last accomplished on .)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Torso Boy
    Newest Member
    Torso Boy

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.