The World News Media

It is good to remind oneself about humility

Kosonen

Kosonen:

It is general diplomatic protocol that a President of the United States should not vomit all over the Japanese Prime Minister at a reception.... but years ago, President Bush (43) DID EXACTLY THAT.

"Stuff Happens" (paraphrased).

As you probably know, I am NOT a big fan of the Governing Body ... and some of what you say is completely valid ... I have carried that load on my back, personally, but the fact of the matter is that (stealing the title from a 70 minute documentary movie) Earthlings are Ugly Bags of Mostly Water.

Don't expect too much from ugly bags of mostly water, or you will give yourself a mental wedgie.

So ... thought of a name for the Governing Body, more to your liking?

• Views 930
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to learn the difference between serving God through Christ, OR serving the CCJW through the GB.  I don't think people question scripture, but they do question how your GB misuse scriptur

Matthew 23:10  Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ. How much worse is it then to call themself Governing body? I think apostle Paul has something to say to those ca

It is good to remind about Jesus' example and teachings conserning humility and service to others. So here below is a list of scriptures about that. John 13:5 After that he put water into a basin

On 3/8/2020 at 9:38 AM, Leander H. McNelly said:

How can you teach humility when someone questions their own Org?

hahaha WHAT? 

Do you really think this way? 

Don't you know you ARE suppose to question the teachings of men? 

These guys have already stated their position on being inspired by God, they're NOT. So it is important to question their teachings, unless of course you are a lemming. . 

40 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

what are these works you speak of? 

At least attempting to bring TRUTH to the average person, about God and his Kingdom.

As an example, the basic core truths of the Bible were also correctly discerned many years ago by Sir Isaac Newton .... but he kept them to himself.

Quote @James Thomas Rook Jr. "You complain without offering a better solution, as to what to call those trying to keep over 8 million people directed, focused, organized, and productive with fine works."

Um, more like keeping 8 million people as puppets, under strict control, fearful of being shunned or d/fed, fed false information and complete lies, just so the GB can be happy having complete control as dictators and keep the money coming in.  Whilst at the same time the GB keep the Anointed down trodden but want praise given to the Elders, Elders that I would not trust with my pet cat and certainly not with my spiritual health. 

Actually your tittle for the GB seems quite fitting "Ugly Bags of Mostly Water." 

But if the people 'Serving' the Org were International as it should be, then it could be something like "International Servants" of CCJW. 

After all, aren't they supposed to SERVE not GOVERN ? 

Spiritual Gift of Serving and Ministering

The spiritual gift of service, or ministering, covers a wide range of activities in its application.  There are two Greek words for this gift.  The first one, found in Romans 12:7, is Diakonia.  The basic meaning of this word is “to wait tables,” but it is most often translated in the Bible as “ministry.”  It refers to any act of service done in genuine love for the edification of the community.  The word Antilepsis is translated “helping” and is found in 1 Corinthians 12:28. It has a similar meaning: to help or aid in love within the community.

12 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

You complain without offering a better solution, as to what to call those trying to keep over 8 million people directed, focused, organized, and productive with fine works.

I believe the best scriptural thing would be to dismantle the hierarchy of the WT org. And put in charge anointed brothers to individually take care of a number of congregations. And that those anointed brothers would not be accountable for anyone except Jesus Christ who is to be the head of the congregation.

That would be in accord with Matthew 25:19-23: “After a long time, the master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them. 20  So the one who had received the five talents came forward and brought five additional talents, saying, ‘Master, you entrusted five talents to me; see, I gained five talents more.’ 21  His master said to him: ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful over a few things. I will appoint you over many things. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22  Next the one who had received the two talents came forward and said, ‘Master, you entrusted two talents to me; see, I gained two talents more.’ 23  His master said to him: ‘Well done, good and faithful slave! You were faithful over a few things. I will appoint you over many things. Enter into the joy of your master.’

So, a such brother should be qualified as elder.

But a serious question remains, do we at the present time have such qualified brothers?

6 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

At least attempting to bring TRUTH to the average person, about God and his Kingdom.

As an example, the basic core truths of the Bible were also correctly discerned many years ago by Sir Isaac Newton .... but he kept them to himself.

The basic core truths.  The first "good news" that my brother shared with me, who was studying with JWs, was the promise of a "new world", that of living on earth in peace.  No wars, no death, etc.  I believed it, because it was proven from the Bible.  But then, I was told this peaceful setting would only last 1000 literal years before death would again be at my door.  I thought, well, it must be true because they showed me Rev 20:7-10   What I'm saying is,  the basic core truth is offered at the door, with a twist that isn't true. 

This is truth:

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea no longer existed. 2 I also saw the Holy City, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband.

3 Then I heard a loud voice from the throne:

Look! God’s dwelling is with humanity,
and He will live with them.
They will be His people,
and God Himself will be with them
and be their God.
4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes.

Death will no longer exist;
grief, crying, and pain will exist no longer,

because the previous things have passed away.  Rev 21:1-4

JWs do not bring with them, good news, but twisted news.  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.