The World News Media

Will JWs religious activity ever return to normal?

Kosonen

A week ago Donald Trump promised that he will restore normalcy to religious activity. But the Supreme Court has decided against it.

Here is an article about that:

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/05/30/supreme-court-rules-5-4-to-uphold-pandemic-orders-limiting-church-services/

So, it looks dark for those who want to go back to normal. 

I start actually to think that the canceling of Jehovah's witnesses meetings in person and field service and cart service could in reality be a partial fulfillment  of prophecy in Daniel 11:30,31. 

“He will go back and hurl denunciations against the holy covenant and act effectively; and he will go back and will give attention to those leaving the holy covenant. 31 And arms will stand up, proceeding from him; and they will profane the sanctuary, the fortress, and remove the constant feature“And they will put in place the disgusting thing that causes desolation.

The removal of the constant feature  could refer to the theocratic ministry conducted by Jehovah's witnesses that has been stopped in large scale due to Covid-19 related restrictions. 

Interesting that the Supreme Court continues to uphold restrictions against the will of  President Donald Trump. So it seems to become a long story with the potential to just get worse. 

Maybe they will only allow church services to get back to normal after they put in place in all places of worship the "disgusting thing that causes desolation"?

The disgusting thing  seems to be the same thing as the image of the beast described in the following way in Revelation 13:14: "while it tells those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived.15  And it was permitted to give breath to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who refuse to worship the image of the wild beast."

This disgusting thing and the image of the beast seem to be a high-tech idol that will represent the beast that will be placed in places of worship. 

Yes things are just to get worse before they get better for the Jehovah's witnesses.

• Views 1k
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will JWs religious activity ever return to normal? What normal? I think we are having a ball if we are honest! I have never had so much time for spiritual matters.....Prayer!.... Personal s

We in NewZeland as of today from 12 miday are returning to Lock down 4 as for new outbreak of COvid 19, we be in for a longer haul .The video meeting has increased atanded and from local and cross sec

Worship was restricted because of respect for life; this was enforced by the authorities, as they are the only ones who can enforce it.

33 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

Not anytime soon. Hence, they will most likely commit to their activities within the confines of their homes and or if any of who they minster to allows them to visit.

The end is not here yet, so the gospel is still ongoing, for Jesus spoke about the Commission.

Not sure if you caught my reply, but my church has already opened its' doors for services yesterday. They never really stopped as they continued to provide charity through all this lockdown mess. And even with the lockdown, we still continued to minister.

2 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

Not sure if you caught my reply, but my church has already opened its' doors for services yesterday. They never really stopped as they continued to provide charity through all this lockdown mess. And even with the lockdown, we still continued to minister.

No religious institution has ever stopped. Regardless, the people are the church, not the building.

That being said, people have been preaching the gospel still, including me, although I cannot go to Africa and the like or even my own country, but I connect with those I speak with. Likewise, with the children who look up to me and others, we are still in communication with them, and by means of example they apply and they teach.

• 2 months later...
On 5/31/2020 at 6:40 PM, JJJ-AUSTRALIA said:

Deuteronomy 18:20-22

It seems that instructions are given here on how to discover the truth with a simple method. 

Look, wait and when enough time has passed the prophecy will be fulfilled or will not be fulfilled. So, when someone preaches “the end is near” or “the end is far,” don’t believe it. :)) 

When members of churches preaching "the end is near", "we are living in final part of last days" that is good because we, who live now have good chance to see how their "prophecy" falls, collapses .... again.  

There is rumour of a second 'lock down' here in UK, coming in September. I don't know if it will happen and if it does happen i don't know if people will stick to it. Could be more protests and chaos. 

Slightly off topic here but following on from @Srecko Sostar:- 

As for 'end times', i admit to getting worried about it all. All of us have to remember that 'the time of the end' is not a JW 'invention', so whether we are in, out, thinking about, the Org, we must all remember that what we should be concentrating on is God's written Word, not the CCJW.  Jesus told his disciples to 'Keep on the watch' and God's written word recorded that. But by keeping on the watch we can see what a huge mess the 'world' is in, so change is needed one way or another.. 

Back to topic :-

I hope that God, through Christ, completely changes the CCJW. I hope the 'normal' that the Org has known for so long is removed and replaced by much better things. I would love to be part of a clean organisation that was serving God, through Christ, properly. Maybe this virus / lock down time would be a wonderful time to re-evaluate the structure of the CCJW and the Watchtower Soc. We have seen how Russia took everything materially from the Org. So maybe the Org needs to downshift completely earthwide, if the 'end' is so near. I'm sure if Almighty God and Jesus Christ want to bring in changes, then changes will happen. IMO the 'normal' will be gone, just as the Jewish religious system was gone. 

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

Jesus told his disciples to 'Keep on the watch' and God's written word recorded that.

"Keep on the watch" is the best advice, for so many things (everything) in the people's life. 

1 hour ago, 4Jah2me said:

So maybe the Org needs to downshift completely earthwide, if the 'end' is so near.

In the past WTJWorg said how time will come when "preaching" will be stopped, just before Armageddon. But it was never said, as i can recall, how Covid 19 or similar "unconscious" cause/condition (wars, famines, earthquakes, etc.) would do that.

Soon Jehovah will decide to stop the preaching of the good news and “the end” will come. (Matthew 24:14) - https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102015149

Of course, WT publish company using word "soon" so often and for few things about "the end" of the World, for decades, almost for whole century and half, in fact. Well, we have almost dubious situation about claim how GB/FDS in WTJWorg is God's Spoke Person here on Earth who is sole "channel" in warning people to "keep on watch", as they claim.

But this sort of "keep on watch" is/was inside WTJWorg interpretations what this Jesus' words supposedly have to mean and when meaning of this words is at "right place" and in "right time". And they (GB) failed so many times. If GB is only spoke person for god on earth, than this mean how JHVH decision about moment when "preaching will stop" shall come from GB. But they not sending such direct message. Mass sale of real estate can be sort of "message"in that direction, but can be "announcement"  for something else too. Title of WT article down/below and WTJWorg moves are significant in current events about CSA.

Love People, Not Money and Possessions

Secret 1

Love People, Not Money and Possessions

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE TEACH? “The love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things.”—1 Timothy 6:10. - https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/wp20101101/Love-People-Not-Money-and-Possessions/

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Contributors

• Topics

• try the: Bánh bèo Bánh ít ram
    • Definitely should try the Bond roll here when you get a chance: this is a mom and pop place that does a great job  
    • An interesting concept, bible discipline. I am struck by the prevalence of ignorance about spiritual discipline on "Reddit." While physical and mental disciplines receive attention, the profound impact of spiritual discipline on a person's physical and mental well-being is often overlooked. Is it possible to argue against the words of the Apostle Paul? When he penned those words in Hebrews 12, he was recognizing that there are moments when an individual must be "rebuked" in order to be corrected. Even Jesus himself established a precedent when he rebuked Peter and referred to him as Satan for failing to comprehend what Jesus had already revealed to the apostles. Did that imply that Jesus had an evil heart? Not at all, it was quite the opposite; Jesus had a loving heart. His need to correct Peter actually showcased his genuine love for him. If he hadn't cared, he would have let Peter persist in his mistaken ways, leading to a fate similar to Judas'. There is a clear emphasis on avoiding the apostate translation and its meaning, yet many seem to overlook the biblical foundation for the reasons NOT to follow the path of the fallen brethren or those with an apostate mentality. Those individuals have embraced the path of darkness, where the illuminating power of light cannot penetrate, to avoid receiving the righteous discipline based on God's Bible teachings. They are undoubtedly aware that this undeniable truth of life must be disregarded in order to uphold their baseless justifications for the unjust act of shunning. Can anyone truly "force" someone or stop them from rejecting a friend or family member? Such a notion would be absurd, considering the fact that we all have the power of free will. If a Witness decides to distance themselves from a family member or friend simply because they have come out as gay, who is anyone within the organization to question or challenge that personal sentiment? It is unfortunate that there are individuals, both within and outside the organization, who not only lack a proper understanding of the Bible but also dare to suggest that God's discipline is barbaric. We must remember that personal choices should be respected, and it is not for others to judge or condemn someone based on their sexual orientation but should be avoided under biblical grounds. No one should have the power to compel an individual to change their sexual orientation, nor should anyone be forced to accept someone for who they are. When it comes to a family's desire to shield their children from external influences, who has the right to challenge the parents' decision? And if a family's rejection of others is based on cultural factors rather than religious beliefs, who can impose religious judgment on them? Who should true followers of Christ follow? The words of God or those who believe they can change God's laws to fit their lives? How can we apply the inspired words of Paul from God to embrace the reality of God's discipline? On the contrary, how can nonconformists expect to persuade those with a "worldview" that their religious beliefs are unacceptable by ostracizing individuals, when God condemns homosexuality? This is precisely why the arguments put forth by ex-witnesses are lacking in their pursuit of justice. When they employ misguided tactics, justice remains elusive as their arguments are either weak or inconsistent with biblical standards. Therefore, it is crucial to also comprehend Paul's words in 1 Corinthians 9:27. The use of the word "shun" is being exaggerated and excessively condemned by those who reject biblical shunning as a form of punishment. Eph 5:3-14 NIV 3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person — such a man is an idolater — has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.  6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.  8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible. The impact of the message becomes significantly stronger when we emphasize the importance of avoiding any association with unrighteousness and those who remain unrepentant. In fact, it becomes even more compelling when we witness how some individuals, who dismiss biblical shunning as a method of discipline, excessively criticize and condemn the use of the word "shun". Therefore, Jehovah's Witnesses do not shun people; instead, they choose to focus on the negative actions being committed, which is in accordance with biblical teachings. This should be construed as ex-Witness rhetoric. Now, let's consider why ex-Witnesses specifically target one particular religion. What justifications do they provide when other Christian denominations also adhere to the same principle grounded in the Bible? Chapter 1 - Preface Both must therefore test themselves: the one, if he is qualified to speak and leave behind him written records; the other, if he is in a right state to hear and read: as also some in the dispensation of the Eucharist, according to  custom enjoin that each one of the people individually should take his part. One's own conscience is best for choosing accurately or shunning. And its firm foundation is a right life, with suitable instruction. But the imitation of those who have already been proved, and who have led correct lives, is most excellent for the understanding and practice of the commandments. "So that whosoever shall eat the bread and drink the cup of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup."  It therefore follows, that every one of those who undertake to promote the good of their neighbours, ought to consider whether he has betaken himself to teaching rashly and out of rivalry to any; if his communication of the word is out of vainglory; if the the only reward he reaps is the salvation of those who hear, and if he speaks not in order to win favour: if so, he who speaks by writings escapes the reproach of mercenary motives. "For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know," says the apostle, "nor a cloak of covetousness. God is witness. Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome as the apostles of Christ. But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children."   (from Ante-Nicene Fathers, Volume 2) Divine promises 2. The manner of shunning, in the word escaping. There is a flying away required, and that quickly, as in the plague, or from a fire which hath almost burned us, or a flood that breaketh in upon us. We cannot soon enough escape from sin (Matt 3:7; Heb 6:18). No motion but flight becomes us in this case. Doctrine: That the great end and effect of the promises of the gospel is to make us partakers of the Divine nature. (from The Biblical Illustrator)  
    • Clearly, they are already demanding your exile. Yes! It's unfortunate that Pudgy spoiled a great discussion about science. I hope the discussion can continue without any more nonsensical interruptions. Just a suggestion since they are on your heels. Wow! You speak! It seems you have a lot to say! Now they are going to treat like, who do you think you are, mister big stuff! Are those aliens now going to imply that anyone who speaks out against the five or six key contributors to this site will be treated as though it is George just because those in opposition speak the language they hate to hear, the TRUTH? They are seeking individuals who will embrace their nonconformist values and appreciate what they can offer in shaping public opinion contrary to the established agenda of God and Christ. Their goal is to enhance their writing abilities and avoid squandering time on frivolous pursuits, mainly arguing about the truth they don't care for. They see it all as a mere game, even when leading people astray. They believe they have every right to and will face no biblical repercussions, or so they believe. They just want to have fun just like that Cyndi Lauper song. Be prepared to be belittled and ridiculed, all the while they claim to be angels. Haha! By the way, please refrain from using the same language as George. They appear to believe that when others use the same words, it means they are the same person, and they emphasize this as if no one else is allowed to use similar grammar. It seems they think only they have the right to use the same or similar writing styles. Quite amusing, isn't it? See, what I just placed in bold, now I'm George, lol! Now, let's leave this nice science thread for people that want to know more about science. I believe George left it at "Zero Distance."  
  • Members

• dennis

dennis 1

• Recent Status Updates

• lauleb  »  misette

merci pour ton travail très utile. tu es une aide qui fortifie
      · 0 replies
    • Pamela Dunston  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hi, TB
      I would like to get the weekly meeting and watchtower materials  and the 2024 convention 
      Attend the 2024 Convention—“Declare the Good News!”
      notebook, I just recently got a new computer, If don't mind my brother to add me on and allow me access to our study again.

Thank you, so much
      Sister Dunston
      · 2 replies
    • SpiritualSister 24  »  DARLENE2022

Hello, Darlene, I just love your name, I had a cousin named Darline, and had a classmate also named Darlene! It's a pleasure to know another Darlene! Especially a Spiritual Sister! There's some websites, Ministry Ideaz , JW Stuff.com, and Etsy that I use to order my yearly buttons for the Conventions! They always send me what I order, and their also Jehovah's Witnesses, that send us the merchandise we order!  You can check out these websites, and they might have what your looking for! I hope I have been helpful in assisting you, Darlene! Agape love, Shirley!😀
      · 1 reply
    • SpiritualSister 24

2024"Enter Into God's Rest" Circuit Assembly! 
      · 0 replies
    • Janice Lewis  »  T.B. (Twyla)

Hello Twyla, when will the weekly study material be available. I am a member.
      Janice Lewis     lewisjanice84@gmail.com
      Thank you
      · 1 reply
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Gardeniableu

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.