The World News Media

Is Jesus God?

BroRando

Is Jesus God?

Jesus said to him: “Why do you call Me good? Nobody is good except one, God.” (Mark 10:18) "Father, if you want to, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, let, not my will, but yours take place." (Luke 22:42)

Question: He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” (Matthew 16:15)

What was Peter's Answer? You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16) Peter identifies Jesus as “the Christ” (Greek, ho Khri·stosʹ), a title equivalent to “the Messiah” (from Hebrew ma·shiʹach), both meaning “Anointed One.” Here “Christ” is preceded by the definite article in Greek, evidently as a way of emphasizing Jesus’ office as the Messiah.—See study notes on Mt 1:1; 2:4.

The Apostle Paul also gives witness about the ego'eimi . "For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve," (Acts 27:23)

"Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Peter 1:3) Why not study the following scriptures? Once the Son of Man set's you free, you really are Free! (John 8:36)

Read more...

• Views 963
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believ

I have encountered such challenges. Trinitarians often will dump on their three separate persons makes one God theology by switching to modalism. (ie... one part is wholly god)  which actually weakens

In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)  Thomas never stated that Jesus is God. The scriptures clearly tell us that "No Man has Seen God at Any time" (John 1:18) The actu

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

@BroRando If challenged with Titus 2:13,  1 Timothy 3:16, John 20:28, and Hebrews 1:1-8, what would be your response?

I have encountered such challenges. Trinitarians often will dump on their three separate persons makes one God theology by switching to modalism. (ie... one part is wholly god)  which actually weakens their theory of the three in one concept.

One would simply look at the scripture and surrounding scriptures for context.  In Titus we read "while we wait for the happy hope and glorious manifestation of the great God and of our Savior, Jesus Christ," (Titus 2:13)

The scripture in Titus 2:11 reads "For the undeserved kindness of God has been manifested, bringing salvation to all sorts of people."

So how did this undeserved kindness of God manifest?   The trinitarian does not believe that God sent his only begotten son and therefore reject Jesus own words at "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

They reject the undeserved kindness of God by claiming God is Begotten or created himself in order to send himself.  Of course, we both know that God is eternal and sent his Word.  

Then we also have the Greek which helps clarify the Great God underserved kindness by means of Jesus Christ.  Titus 2:13 is actually speaking of the appearing or manifestation of God's GLORY and ends with "and Savior of us Christ Jesus."  https://biblehub.com/interlinear/titus/2-13.htm

Other scripture that fit into this spiritual thought. (John 17:1, John 12:23John 13:31- 32, John 1:14)

Screenshot (190).png

4 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

@BroRando If challenged with Titus 2:13,  1 Timothy 3:16, John 20:28, and Hebrews 1:1-8, what would be your response?

Indeed, the sacred secret of this godly devotion is admittedly great: ‘He was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory.’ 1 Timothy 3:16

Remember, as in Titus 2:13, the trinitarian reject the words of Christ in (John 3:16). Since they don't believe that God gave or sent his only begotten son, they try to erase Christ altogether by claiming,  "

God was made manifest in flesh, was declared righteous in spirit, appeared to angels, was preached about among nations, was believed upon in the world, was received up in glory.’

So how is it that God was declared righteous in spirit and to whom?  Who is checking Jehovah??

Why would God need godly devotion and to whom? Angels?? Really? God had to appear to Angels to be declared righteous?  Isn't the He in 1 Timothy 3:16 speaking about God's Only Begotten Son as the Word of God?   God is not even in the scripture as they false claim... 

4 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!” (John 20:28)  Thomas never stated that Jesus is God. The scriptures clearly tell us that "No Man has Seen God at Any time" (John 1:18)

The actually scripture reads "You are the Lord of me and the God of me."   Meaning that Jesus takes on the Godly Seat of Judgment.  https://biblehub.com/interlinear/john/20-28.htm

"For the Father judges no one at all, but he has entrusted all the judging to the Son," (John 5:22)  However, Jesus has 144,000 co rulers does he not?  

1 Corinthians 6:3  Do you not know that we will judge angels?

Screenshot (191).png

5 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Hebrews 1:1-8

Here trinitarians make the claim Jesus is God which again goes against their own trinity theology of three sperate persons. They claim the heir of all things is God. So the question arises if Jesus is God then why create a heir in order to deceive people. Aren't heirs begotten?  Again, trinitarians will reject the words of Christ at (John 3:16) at all Cost.  

They claim God 'has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs.' (Hebrews 1:4)  So at one time God was worse than the angels?  God only became better than the angels because he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs? Who gave God his Name?  An angel??

“And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.”  Whose angels??  If Jesus is God then who is telling God's angels to do something?  Don't the angels know who God is???  I guess not if you are to believe the trinitarian.

The answer to which angel at (Hebrews 1:5) is at (Hebrews 5:5) So, too, the Christ did not glorify himself by becoming a high priest, but was glorified by the One who said to him: “You are my son; today I have become your father.”  Notice Jesus did not glorify himself but he was glorified by Jehovah, the One who was able to save him from death. 

But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth (Hebrews 1:6)  Who bring his Firstborn again? Jehovah God...  this is where the trinitarian claim God is Firstborn of All Creation. Ummm... I thought God was eternal??  Of course rejecting (John 3:16) at all Cost.

During his life on earth, Christ offered up supplications and also petitions, with strong outcries and tears, to the One who was able to save him out of death, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. (Hebrews 1:6)  So how is it that God offered up supplications and also petitions and to whom?  Why is God depending on someone else to save him??  

They also claim Jesus is God because God is his throne.  No it means that Jesus has Jehovah's backing and support....

They ALWAYS stop short of the next scripture when they know very well what it says.  You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.” (Hebrews 1:9)

If Jesus is God then who is this other God anointing God and exulting God?  Why would God need to be exulted?  I thought the 3  sperate persons were co- equal?  No. No. Jesus is God they exclaim... you must believe Jesus is God to be save!!  I ask what scripture is that?   The trinity is like a three legged dog chasing it's own tail.  It doesn't fit.. you must acquit.

47 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

@BroRando Are you aware of the Granville Sharp rule? It is one of those things Trinitarians can weaponized to a degree to fool people.

The same ones who express the Granville Sharp rule also tend to express the belief in the deity of Christ.  But later deny the Deity of Christ when they find it is a feminine noun.    John 1:1c is speaking of the Word's qualitative sense for theos, not his Identity.  It's a divine creation since Jesus was begotten as with labor pains. (Proverbs 8:22-31)

Strong's Concordance

theotés: deity

Original Word: θεότης, ητος, ἡ

Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine

Transliteration: theotés

Phonetic Spelling: (theh-ot'-ace)

Short Definition: deity, Godhead

Definition: deity, Godhead.

Pointing the finger.jpg

Such ones are Saul-like...I don't think Jesus will  personally visit them to turn them around.... 

• 1 year later...

@The Librarian That is Hamza Myatt, he is among several people who debate the Trinitarian ideas primarily outside of some disagreements he has with Christianity, but majority of his debates are against Trinitarians. He is closely associated with many in the Muslim faith within the Speaker's Corner in the UK. Some Trinitarians, specifically the affiliates of Soco Films often go there to debate unsuspecting Muslims, as is Unitarians, Jews, etc, but never ever fair well against someone who knows their stuff, mainly if people are very ignorant of Islam or the Quran who try to attest to a challenge. The only time I was in the UK at the park, I saw him once.

Ironically enough Myatt and others would side with those to combat Trinitarianism, some folks that they debate often times take what they say in a debate out of context.

The "Burned and Rinsed" remark I use in debates originated from him.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.