BroRando

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How would you answer this question? Are there any scriptures that point to Jesus Christ being the Angel of God's Presence?

6 hours ago, Brother Rando said:

Angel of God's Presence

This interesting description is taken from Isaiah 63:9. We have tended to focus on Jehovah's empathetic nature as revealed in the first part of the verse.

Nevertheless, we have commented fairly comprehensively on how aptly this term refers to Jesus in his angelic role. For starters, this quote from the Watchtower (1961 15 Jan p 57) cites a number of scriptural references in answer to your question:

"The Chief One over all the angels is Jesus Christ, the Word, the lone archangel, Michael. (Dan. 12:1; John 1:1; Jude 9; Rev. 12:7) He is also termed the angel or the messenger of the covenant at Malachi 3:1 and is the angel referred to at Revelation 20:1, 2 that binds Satan and his demons and casts them into the abyss of death for a thousand years. Without a doubt he also was the angel God appointed to lead the sons of Israel during their wilderness trek: “Here I am sending an angel ahead of you to keep you on the road . . . my angel will go ahead of you.” “The angel of his person saved them.”—Ex. 23:20-23; Isa. 63:9, ftn."

To reject Jesus Christ as the Angel of God’s Presence you would have to reject this scripture, the Word of God.  “In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the Angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bore them and carried them all the days of old.” (Isaiah 63:9 Darby)

1) You would have to reject that Jesus Christ was afflicted with our sins.

2) You would have to reject that Jesus Christ is our Salvation.

3) You would have to reject that Jesus Christ loved us or feel pity for us.

4) You would have to reject that Jesus Christ did not redeem us.

5) You would have to reject that Jesus Christ died for our sins once and for all time.

“Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared. Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for my name is in him” (Exodus 23:20-21 KJV)

Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying: “This is my Son, the one who has been chosen. Listen to him.” (Luke 9:35)   Accepting Jesus as the Christ can add a profound meaning for your Life. 

Jesus when translated means ‘Jehovah is Salvation’. “For I say to you, you will by no means see me from now until you say, ‘Blessed is the one who comes in Jehovah’s name!’” (Matthew 23:39)  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.