The World News Media

Is Point “A” REALLY point “A”?

Pudgy

Does anyone know how close heaven is to earth? The Bible writers explained...

"Jehovah your God will go before you and will fight for you."

Jehovah is in heaven, but heaven is close enough that He is able to stand in front of us and fight for us while still being in heaven.

"In the wilderness...Jehovah your God carried you...everywhere you went."

Jehovah is in heaven, but heaven is close enough that He is able to carry us while still being in heaven.

"The Lord stood near me and infused power into me."

The Lord can be in heaven and yet be close enough to stand near someone on earth.

"He has said: 'I will never leave you, and I will never abandon you.'"

While on earth, Jesus said "I am not alone, for the Father is with me." Jesus knew that heaven is close to earth. His Father was with him, like in the same room all the time, wherever he went on earth. Not far away.

Jesus said that he and his Father would reside with faithful ones: "We will come to him and make our dwelling with him."

Even though Jehovah and Jesus are in heaven, they can also be residing with us. Heaven is close.

Science is not what helps us to understand how close the spiritual heaven is. Jesus told us how we could comprehend the closeness of heaven...

"Lord, what has happened that you intend to show yourself clearly to us and not to the world?” In answer Jesus said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.  Whoever does not love me does not observe my words. The word that you are hearing is not mine, but belongs to the Father who sent me. “I have spoken these things to you while I am still with you.  But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach you all things and bring back to your minds all the things I told you."

Jehovah's holy spirit, love, helps us comprehend the closeness of heaven. When Jehovah and Jesus are in the room with you, you know heaven is near because they are near. It's not a "physical" place. It's a spiritual place. It's not set apart by physical boundaries. It's set apart by spiritual boundaries. "God is Love." Heaven is lovely. 

(Deuteronomy 1:30,31; Hebrews 13:5; 2 Timothy 4:17; John 14:22-26; 1 John 4:16)

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good points, but it was a slow day at the Archive, and I was in a frivolous mood for some topic we all had not beaten to death. And who knows? Somebody through reason and logic might have

It is “outside” your scope of reference - yours and mine. While we all may know the answers to such questions at some future point in time, at this point I would say it’s just grounds for endless spec

Posted Images

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Since these thoughts are of human origin?

I am a human, yes. 

1 hour ago, boyle said:

What's the difference between spirit and literal?

Um, S-P-I-R-I-T has six letters and L-I-T-E-R-A-L has seven letters, so you can do the math.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Jehovah knows everything that man doesn't.

True.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

What's the difference between spirit and literal? ...Does this mean no one knows?

Well, if you can't figure out the difference between six and seven, you could ask Jehovah to help you, I suppose.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Are angels really walking among us, thus making them aliens in our midst?

If you've never heard of angels, then I guess they are alien to you.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Should smart people care if they get asked weird questions?

Show me a smart person and I'll ask them.

1 hour ago, boyle said:

Give answers that sound intelligent instead of poking fun, as dumb ones?

🥰

1 hour ago, boyle said:
On 5/13/2023 at 12:37 PM, AudreyAnnaNana said:

Show me a smart person and I'll ask them.

You won't find one here among your friends. Halon's Razor principle number two.

Oh, @boyle, you shouldn't put yourself down that way. I think you're very smart. 

(And when I said "good night, friend" last night, you are the one who answered...☺️)

15 hours ago, AudreyAnnaNana said:

I am working on applying the good counsel you gave me before, and I will keep on applying it - it is good practical counsel that I value very much -  but I can't cut off the congregation, not in my heart. It's almost like they are just asleep or on pause, the relationships with them, on hold until they wake up. They'll wake up. Jehovah will wake them up. We have to be here for them when they wake up. If I were to cut them off in my heart, well, then I'd have to stop caring. It hurts to care, but Jehovah helps with the pain, and the pain does lessen after awhile. Or we develop a callus or something. I don't know - I just know He's helped me endure so far, He'll keep helping all of us get through.

You're right, I am tired! Good night, my friend.🌷

IMG_7846.jpeg

15 hours ago, boyle said:

Sleep well. Enjoy your rest! 😌

1 hour ago, boyle said:

I don't go around patting myself in the back. The intelligence I have, I owe all of it to Jehovah.

It's important to act with kindness and respect towards others, especially when they have earned it through their behavior. 

You'll find, if you treat me right, I'll treat you right. God's double edge sword works both ways. 

I'll try, my brother, I'll try. 🙂

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.