The World News Media

Governing body will sue anyone?

Matthew9969

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Mankind has had faith all this time. That is why we are now in the era of the Internet and virtual reality, among other things (with faith in God and with faith in people).

There are two distinctions.

Copies of the copies have been found and we have been using them for a long time. What if those saved and found copies are the ones with errors (accidental or intentional) in copying?

That had been tried in the past. God has seen fit to allow His and Christ words to stand the test of time. This is why interpretation is vital. 

There are scholars and there are people led by the spirit. Who are people supposed to accept, just like the words of the prophets, and Christ. Did the natural Jew accept? It's up to the spiritual Jew, that has faith and confidence in God, what they should accept.

If we believe that the writing of the original text was inspired by God, that is one thing.
But no copyist of the first copy until the last copy was inspired to copy. What is not inspired automatically implies the occurrence of an error.

Then you don't know the Jews as well as you think. On the other hand, the Greeks substituted God's name to ease the Jewish fear. At some point, they tried to erase the name of God, but humanity failed. In recent findings, Greek scrolls of the bible dating around 190CE has the name of God in Hebrew.

• Views 5.2k
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As usual, Dimitar, your understanding is agenda driven, and demonstratively faulty. Charles Taze Russel was not speaking favorably about Satan …. He was speaking favorably about TRUTH. Scann

I would say regardless of how the dispute turns out, much value from the archives is already realized by today’s NYT coverage. How are these for quotes? “Some 1,600 Jehovah’s Witnesses died as a

In the very first issue of the watchtower magazine there was an article written by Russell under the initials CTR where and he stated with perfect logic and reasoning that if Satan himself tells you t

Posted Images

"In the very first issue of the watchtower magazine there was an article written by Russell under the initials CTR where and he stated with perfect logic and reasoning that if Satan himself tells you the truth, it’s still the truth."

"As usual, Dimitar, your understanding is agenda driven, and demonstratively faulty.

Charles Taze Russel was not speaking favorably about Satan …. He was speaking favorably about TRUTH."

@Pudgy As usual, This character plays with words, or he doesn't understand what he just wrote. 

Pastor Russell's' understanding of Satan was not as you indicate, "if Satan himself tells you the truth, it's still the truth." Your words, not pastor Russell's understanding of Satan as indicated by the majority of his literature.  Therefore, don't hide the fact you are a woeful, foolish liar. I guess being obtuse is a daily habit for you, just like the rest of the former Jehovah's Witnesses here.

I suspect, Dmitar, that you STILL HAVE NOT READ THE ARTICLE, or in calling someone a liar, you would have attached a screenshot of the article  to disprove my contentions, and prove your contentions.

You did not indicate you read that SPECIFIC  1st Issue article, and so now the question remains about who of the two of us is a fraud and a liar.

I know the answer, as do you …. And a screenshot of the Article in the first issue of the Watchtower about “What is Truth” will document which one.

53289CA0-5962-484B-B0A8-F28CD4ACACF0.jpeg

67A969A1-69DD-478A-A3C6-CC7D00D56E90.jpeg

3 hours ago, Dmitar said:

There are scholars and there are people led by the spirit. Who are people supposed to accept, just like the words of the prophets, and Christ. Did the natural Jew accept? It's up to the spiritual Jew, that has faith and confidence in God, what they should accept.

The people led by God's Holy Spirit should be the spiritual JEW, which is ONLY the TRUE ANOINTED ONES.

The Watchtower seems to have none of them. The JW Org seems to have none of them either.

Do you keep forgetting that scripture about 'Ten men clinging to the robe of a JEW' 

The 'ten men' are the earthly class. The JEW is the True Anointed ones. 

The Governing Body of the W/t - JW Org are not of that True Anointing. By their works you will know them. 

If they ever were of the Anointed, they have certainly thrown it all away just as Adam threw away life. 

Yes I have. I just wanted to see if you had read it yourself or just got the quote from an apostate site as usual.

There's a big difference with your representation of Pastors Russell's words. 

Your quotation is just another example of misinformation. "reasoning that if Satan himself tells you the truth, it’s still the truth."

Pastor Russell had a very different idea.

"WHAT IS TRUTH?"

This question is one which every sincere Christian should ask and seek to answer. We should learn to love and value truth for its own sake; to respect and honor it by owning and acknowledging it wherever we find it and by whomsoever presented. A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God.

Perhaps no class of people are more apt to overlook this fact than the Christian. How often do they in controversy overlook and ignore truth presented by their opponents. This is particularly the case when arguing with an infidel. They feel at perfect liberty to dispute everything he says on religious subjects. This is not the correct principle. Many infidels are honest--as anxious to speak and believe the truth as are Christians--and if in converse with them we ignore truths which they may advance, we not only fail to convince them of our truths, but put an end to all hope of reaching them; for our failure to admit the evident truth which they advance begets in them contempt for the one who is not honest enough to admit one truth because he does not see how it can be reconciled to another. Accept truth wherever you find it, no matter R9 : page 3 what it contradicts, and rely for ability to afterwards harmonize it with others upon "The Spirit of truth, which shall guide you into all truth," as Jesus promised.

Truth, like a modest little flower in the wilderness of life, is surrounded and almost choked by the luxuriant growth of the weeds of error. If you would find it you must be ever on the lookout. If you would see its beauty you must brush aside the weeds of error and the brambles of bigotry. If you would possess it you must stoop to get it. Be not content with one flower of truth. Had one been sufficient there would have been no more. Gather ever, seek for more. Weave them together as a garland --"Bind them on thee as a bride doeth." "Bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: so shalt thou find favor and good understanding in the sight of God and man." Prov. 3:3. C. T. R.

NIV Prov 3:3

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

Therefore, you can spin it anyway you want, convict.

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Okay, what do we want to talk about? About the authenticity of old records or about the character of the Jews?

That's up to you. When you reject the word of God because you don't believe the bible was copied correctly, or someone might have added to it, you don't understand the Jewish culture. They pride themselves to be good copyist. Especially when they have the fear of God set in their hearts. Now, there’s a difference when someone wants to fake ancient documents. That still happens today.

Now, the Bible as the inspired word of God is different.

Bible as the inspired word of God
Introduction

The first question which the thoughtful reader of the Bible has to answer is, What importance and value am I to attach to the contents of the Scriptures? Were the writers of the Bible so many fanatics moved by oracular frenzy? Were they merely poetically inspired and intellectually elevated? or, were they, as they claimed to be, and as the Scriptures affirm they were, moved by the Holy Spirit to act as the voice of God to a sinful world? Were the writers of the Bible inspired by God.

The Watchtower is relating to what other Christian denominations have in common. 2 Timothy 3:16, and 2 Peter 1:21

2 Timothy 3:16-17 New King James Version

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [a]instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

44 minutes ago, Dmitar said:

"WHAT IS TRUTH?"

This question is one which every sincere Christian should ask and seek to answer. We should learn to love and value truth for its own sake; to respect and honor it by owning and acknowledging it wherever we find it and by whomsoever presented. A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God.

Russell found himself in a controversial situation with such a statement. But he is not the only one or the last to do so. GB has the same approach.
Russell claims, contrary to the biblical verses ("father of lie"), that the devil (sometimes) tells the truth.

GB claims that they also (sometimes) tell the truth regardless of imperfection. Also can be said like this; that even GB (sometimes) tells a lie regardless of God’s guidance.

(A truth presented by GB themselves is just as true as a truth stated by God) :) 

14 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Russell found himself in a controversial situation with such a statement. But he is not the only one or the last to do so. GB has the same approach.
Russell claims, contrary to the biblical verses ("father of lie"), that the devil (sometimes) tells the truth.

In that case. He was referring to the character of others. If a none Christians tells you "a" truth, that doesn't mean it is not the truth, just because they are not Christian. However, it's NOT meant to be seen as "still being the truth" if that truth does not conform to scripture. Then it's a lie, just like Satan.

14 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

GB claims that they also (sometimes) tell the truth regardless of imperfection. Also can be said like this; that even GB (sometimes) tells a lie regardless of God’s guidance.

(A truth presented by GB themselves is just as true as a truth stated by God)

Not in the context that Pastor Russell was aiming for. You are subverting the context, like @Pudgy to make your truth just as truth stated by God. Once again, it then becomes a lie.