Matthew9969

• Views 5.1k
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As usual, Dimitar, your understanding is agenda driven, and demonstratively faulty. Charles Taze Russel was not speaking favorably about Satan …. He was speaking favorably about TRUTH. Scann

I would say regardless of how the dispute turns out, much value from the archives is already realized by today’s NYT coverage. How are these for quotes? “Some 1,600 Jehovah’s Witnesses died as a

In the very first issue of the watchtower magazine there was an article written by Russell under the initials CTR where and he stated with perfect logic and reasoning that if Satan himself tells you t

Posted Images

I'm not sure how you could be confused as it does indeed point out clearly who wrote the article "

This is dealing w/the archive of a specific family who suffered at the hands of the Nazis and which family legally passed the archive on to the society and an individual who had no right to profit off the sales of the archive. (the only one making money here).

Think again. You can dislike the organization all you like, but do it for legitimate and rational reasons. Tell the truth when you criticize otherwise all your other criticisms are devalued. (Were you high or drunk when you stumbled on this?)

44 minutes ago, xero said:

It is, the NYTIMES, not some unknown publication

I would say regardless of how the dispute turns out, much value from the archives is already realized by today’s NYT coverage. How are these for quotes?

“Some 1,600 Jehovah’s Witnesses died as a result of Nazi persecution. About 4,200 were sent to concentration camps, where they were identified by a purple triangular badge attached to their camp uniforms.

“They were the only persecuted people who had the choice of ending imprisonment: If they signed a declaration renouncing their faith, they were liberated. Very few agreed to sign, Slupina said.”

Is it an example of what Geoff Jackson said—Jehovah not only doing things but doing them in style? I mean, it’s kind of a good witness, isn’t it? And here that nasty Matthew 4 5784 was trying to put such a slanderous spin on it—a spin that no one other than he (along with that phony prophetess of FB, the preeminent one of all christsdisciples, exercising her “important role from God”)  would ever be able to dream up.

quotes from link:

The museum’s retention of the archive, said Wolfram Slupina, a spokesman for the Jehovah’s Witnesses in Germany, “deprives us of a significant and invaluable part of our cultural heritage.”

This is brand new terminology related to JW members and WTJWorg. Until now, there has always been talk of “spiritual heritage” as something that is important to have from faithful ancestors. What is the difference between "cultural and spiritual". Here is about the material possession of things. This is about the documents (paper) not a "spiritual treasure" stored in the people's hearts and minds.

Before she died, Annemarie Kusserow, the keeper of the archive, had lent documents to her brother, Hans Werner Kusserow, to make copies for a book he was writing.

Though Annemarie’s will stipulated that the documents should go to the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ headquarters in Selters, a small town northwest of Frankfurt, her brother, who was not a member of the faith, sold them to the Dresden museum for less than $5,000.

The will is not available to us, so it is not known which documents and how much should go to which heir, among other things left behind by the deceased. But interestingly, WTJWorg is willing to spend voluntary monetary contributions for the trials, in order to come into possession of the original documents. They are not happy with the copies. What about that old biblical proverb; endure injustice because God will pay you. And how will God pay you? It will give you spiritual well-being and happiness and a clear conscience, not material. Wasting time, money and energy in the courts is not a recipe for happiness.

31 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

This is about the documents (paper) not a "spiritual treasure" stored in the people's hearts and minds.

Well, by this ridiculous reasoning, the Bible itself is not a “spiritual treasure.” It is a “document (paper)”

Why seek one? Show yourself too spiritual to seek mere physical objects.

53 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

They are not happy with the copies.

I don't think it's about that. It's about: "My brothers died for refusing to participate in military service,” Paul-Gerhard Kusserow said. “I don’t find it proper that this inheritance is stored, of all places, in a military museum.”

32 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Well, by this ridiculous reasoning, the Bible itself is not a “spiritual treasure.” It is a “document (paper)”

Why seek one? Show yourself too spiritual to seek mere physical objects.

So, let me continue with the absurdity. :)  The word (of every kind) was transmitted orally, until the moment when human society began to be "literate", so I guess because of poor memory it began to write things down so that they would not be forgotten. It was similar with what we call today the "Word of God". Of course, we will not deal with unimportant details and say that some "letters" (documents) are inspired, and all others are not. At least not on the issue of "divine inspiration" as implied by the Bible.

24 minutes ago, Anna said:

I don't think it's about that. It's about: "My brothers died for refusing to participate in military service,” Paul-Gerhard Kusserow said. “I don’t find it proper that this inheritance is stored, of all places, in a military museum.”

Okay, but these are just personal feelings of that person that the rest of us can and should understand. But what is the ultimate goal? Make documents available to the public. At the Military Museum or the Private (WTJWorg) Museum? Well, I guess everywhere where more people will be able to look at it.

39 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Okay, but these are just personal feelings of that person that the rest of us can and should understand. But what is the ultimate goal? Make documents available to the public. At the Military Museum or the Private (WTJWorg) Museum? Well, I guess everywhere where more people will be able to look at it.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/04b1b958-20be-4605-a376-c3e8fe72e571

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

This is brand new terminology related to JW members and WTJWorg. Until now, there has always been talk of “spiritual heritage” as something that is important to have from faithful ancestors. What is the difference between "cultural and spiritual". Here is about the material possession of things. This is about the documents (paper) not a "spiritual treasure" stored in the people's hearts and minds.

How do you justify the hearts and minds of people?

HOLON, Israel — Josef Levi opened his front door, and before he reached for the light switch he sensed something different about his apartment. His nose detected the scent of fresh paint. Then he turned on the light.

"Missionizer, you must die," was scrawled in black paint on one wall. On other mirrors and walls were the words "Christian Dog," "Traitor" and "Nazi." And a black swastika was sprayed on the white wall above the television. All over the house laid destroyed furniture and ripped up books. A small can of gasoline sat on the floor.

This is by no means the first assault on the roughly 1,000 Jehovah's Witnesses living in Israel. Church officials and members said an ultra-Orthodox Jewish group called Yad Lachim is behind the attacks, something Yad Lachim officials vehemently deny.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES UNDER ATTACK IN ISRAEL – Sun Sentinel (sun-sentinel.com)

How about the misapplication of Rutherford letter, that even Jehovah's Witnesses here misapply? There is certain heritage that does need to be scrutinized for the right reason. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.