The World News Media

EXJWs Are Going to the U.S. Capitol

Witness

23 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

It may be due to what Mainstream Christendom has pushed out, the idea that Excommunication is old and unnecessary, and any opposition to that idea is ultimately ridiculed.

Bear in mind, this extends to the outside world way of thinking as well. It's not inclusive of Christendom, or any other religion. I know some that have been rejected by their family not for being Catholic but for being gay. Remember, Catholics are becoming more acceptable to homosexuality. However, TRADITION to some doesn't outweigh that determination. That's when society has to deal with new values versus old values of morality. 

When it comes to witnesses, each family unit makes a determination on how to best deal with their own circumstance.

When Grace was as young as I, she became a fornicator, and was D'fd. However, she was a server at a deli where I went to get lunch. Was I forbidden to speak to Grace? NO!! We treated each other as a customer and employee of a business. It had nothing to do with religion. Was the Watchtower preventing me from entering a business I enjoyed lunch in? NO!!

Once again, that shunning nonsense is exaggerated as you point out.

41 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

So going to the US Capitol to challenge that, will not only put an attempted spotlight on Jehovah's witnesses, but the practice itself in Christendom whereas you have those who are for it vs against it; cause conflict.

Yes! There is a big difference between apostates trying to discredit a religion's bylaws with intent to cause harm by defamation. The age-old discussion of, can a person yell fire on a movie theater when there is none get away, without consequences, comes to mind.

45 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

True, but often times, such persons end up going to them. Just as Atheists or a Trinitarian can find a Christian in person or online, for EXJWs they'll always look for JWs wherever they might be.

When it comes to true believers, I would say NO! There are some that have become disgruntled and nonconformist that call themselves witnesses. We can see several examples here. I call those spies.

49 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

They haven't so far. And it looks bad when they meet and debate people who are knowledgeable, often times they tend to go for a novice and get them with a lot of gotcha questions and answers, example, on JW's using Jehovah, revised verses in the Bible, etc.

Even when the argument of charlatan was lobbied at Pastor Russell, they couldn't prove it. However, thus far, they haven't as you state. Perhaps when Satan interferes like he did when he had Bro Rutherford imprisoned on a false claim by the Catholic Church, it will.

The US would have to rewrite the constitution in order for that to happen. That doesn't mean the people vs Christianity won't be at the forefront. That will be the cause.

Meantime, in at least the US, courts are becoming more aware of apostate lies that implicate them. Usually, the higher courts side with the Watchtower after all said and done.

• Views 6.6k
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To start, harassment, then malice, defamation, etc.  Ignorance of the law and stupidty(inteptitude) is no defense.

How about you go first, it seems you live in a van down by the river...which river would that be?

@Moise Racette Indeed, as for the Constitution, the only entities that have their eyes on it is the ACLU and the United Nations. No doubt some people in government also, but those are the only two tha

Posted Images

@Moise Racette Indeed, as for the Constitution, the only entities that have their eyes on it is the ACLU and the United Nations. No doubt some people in government also, but those are the only two that had attempted to make some moves specifically against the first and second amendment. In the censorship battle of things, their underlings tend to be winning, even recently with something breaking yesterday evening.

All and all, this instance will be the same as it was years ago. Build up for the day, people realizing it can be a problem and speak against, cast out by fellow EXJWs, when the action does take place, tomfoolery ensues and should someone attempt to stop it, they blame JWs, but if it is one of them, then death threats. The risk of breaking chapter 13 and infiltrating and disrupting a religious gathering, will be followed with heavy backlash by not just some among them, by people in the area who do not like such activity.

they become predictable in terms of their evolution. Meanwhile, Trinitarians and atheists who "support and grift off of them" sit back and kick their feet up to watch the show, as long as they are not involved, the consequence falls on the latter instead of them.

• 2 months later...

Here is the website to more information on this topic: 

https://www.befree2023.com

I do not know the organizer and I am not part of any organized protest movements, but I do know that just like some people go door-to-door to talk about religion while others go door-to-door to sell vacuums or to take a census...so similarly, not all who go to the Capitol go for the same reasons or the have the same motivations.

The "signage" section on the "be free" website appears to be all slogans that just bear witness to the truth about sketchy stuff going on in the organization. Jehovah's witnesses are commanded by Jesus to bear witness to the truth, even to those in high stations. While it seems many who consider themselves to be "ex-jw" will attend, in essence the messages (according to that website) to be shared could easily be shared by those who still have faith in Jehovah God and obey what is written in the Bible.

Generally speaking, going to a beast to lobby for change doesn't work well. However, there have been instances recorded in the Bible where Jehovah used random people going to the king to make something happen. Haman, though a pagan, was in the courtyard when the king of Medo-Persia had a dream. Jehovah used Haman's words to reward Mordecai. Esther's requests to the king worked well. Exiled Daniel was around when the king of Babylon had a dream, and Jehovah used him to help the king understand a situation. Paul spoke to governmental authorities frequently. 

Even if only a handful of 45 people show up, what of it? Numbers don't matter with Jehovah, if He decides to use it for something. The Bible shows that the US/UK breathes life into the UN for the attack on Babylon the Great to start at the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. It isn't wrong to bear witness to the authorities regarding the sins of the organization. We're going to have to keep bearing witness to the truth during the entire tribulation anyway.

Will others show up who will not adhere to what is outlined on that website? Quite likely. In the Kingdom Halls, many also show up who do not follow what is written in God's Word. If any true Christians participated in such an event as what is described on the "be free" website, they would have to be extremely careful to obey the command of the Christ by not taking part in violence: "If anyone has an ear, let him hear.  If anyone is meant for captivity, he will go into captivity. If anyone will kill with the sword, he must be killed with the sword. This is where it calls for endurance and faith on the part of the holy ones."

According to Russel’s wife, in sworn testimony in court during their divorce, she accused CTR of having an affair with a 16 year old follower. 
I read about that over 50 years ago, so although I can still visualize the page, I can’t read it anymore. 
…. merely a matter of curiosity, perhaps partially remembered.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.