The World News Media

What's Happening in Italy? Bethel Relocating Departments to Bologna?

Jack Ryan

• Views 2.3k
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing of the sort is in there. I have the 350-page document I got here: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/Agenda21.pdf What is the link to the document you are talkin

@Jay Witness @JW Insider I think that what the reasons were to get out of the big cities. Agenda 21, a UN brochure on reorganization of large cities are promising to bring depopulation to many pl

I think that cities are considered to be terror threats, even though JWs are not the target.  Also, continuous new building projects, and property sales, can be a way to gain some good publicity, at l

According to this website http://www.geova.org/la-betel-di-roma-chiude/ in 2016 plans were in the works to look for real estate in northern Italy. 

This blog post from :http://proclamatoreconsapevole.blogspot.ca/2017/08/notizia-flash-ultimora.html

indicates as you say ,that in the early part of November the translation department and broadcasting from rome will be transferred a Imola (Bologna) in a new Remote Translation Office RTO. 

I am not sure what else remains in the Rome Bethel since all printing is in Germany. I am assuming that if there are any offices remaining, they will be slowly transferred up north.

@Jay Witness @JW Insider

I think that what the reasons were to get out of the big cities. Agenda 21, a UN brochure on reorganization of large cities are promising to bring depopulation to many places and even small farms. Perhaps the JW insight was to go to outside these boundaries whether they knew of this plan by the UN. The booklet I downloaded a few years ago. Scary world if their plan works some! We know Jehovah has His "Own Agenda!" The Bible does state as you know the dragon ? would wage war with the remaining ones of God's seed. Downsizing is good for us all! My Son is at Wallkill Bethel now almost 6 years. He's happy to serve where he can. I hear "little!" 

Peace, Love and Joy to Our King ? Christ Jesus and Jehovah God ? Forever! 

On 9/22/2017 at 11:09 PM, Jay Witness said:

Anyone know what's going on?

I think that cities are considered to be terror threats, even though JWs are not the target.  Also, continuous new building projects, and property sales, can be a way to gain some good publicity, at least neutral if not positively positive. Property is of interest to everyone, even where religion is of no interest to some. Rutherford knew this when he had the deed written up for a large house in San Diego. Also, it will look the same as expansion even if it is part of downsizing. You can buy a lot of property outside a large city for the same price of a small property inside a large city.

On 9/23/2017 at 2:41 PM, Bible Speaks said:

I think that what the reasons were to get out of the big cities. Agenda 21, a UN brochure on reorganization of large cities

Interesting, I just read Agenda 21. I think, for the most part, it's really good. Hope it's not too little too late for too many. But these are great ideas. Thanks.

On 9/23/2017 at 2:41 PM, Bible Speaks said:

Downsizing is good for us all! My Son is at Wallkill Bethel now almost 6 years.

Agreed. Wallkill is beautiful this time of year. Glad for your son.

8 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

Interesting, I just read Agenda 21. I think, for the most part, it's really good. Hope it's not too little too late for too many. But these are great ideas. Thanks.

Agreed. Wallkill is beautiful this time of year. Glad for your son.

@JW Insider

Read in Agenda 21 to see what's planned for CA and Bunkers in Colorado and Washington DC. Scary thoughts! Jehovah has His "Own Agenda!" My Son loves working for Jehovah all over the ? earth! My blessing from Jehovah! 

Apple ? time in Wallkill and Wine Vineyards are over 250! Love ❤️ the adventure! 

?????

2 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

Read in Agenda 21 to see what's planned for CA and Bunkers in Colorado and Washington DC. Scary thoughts! Jehovah has His "Own Agenda!" My Son loves working for Jehovah all over the ? earth! My blessing from Jehovah! 

Nothing of the sort is in there. I have the 350-page document I got here:

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/Agenda21.pdf

What is the link to the document you are talking about? If it's the same one, why does it say nothing about Colorado, California or Washington D.C.?

I know that a lot of fundamentalist religions (including the Tea Party) are quick to make a conspiracy theory about anything that comes from the United Nations. (Many Witnesses have done this for years, too.) There will always be the danger of government over-reach and mismanagement of these ideas, but as far as the ideas themselves, they are excellent. I don't think they go far enough.

7 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Nothing of the sort is in there. I have the 350-page document I got here:

https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/Agenda21.pdf

What is the link to the document you are talking about? If it's the same one, why does it say nothing about Colorado, California or Washington D.C.?

I know that a lot of fundamentalist religions (including the Tea Party) are quick to make a conspiracy theory about anything that comes from the United Nations. (Many Witnesses have done this for years, too.) There will always be the danger of government over-reach and mismanagement of these ideas, but as far as the ideas themselves, they are excellent. I don't think they go far enough.

@JW Insider

Its in the booklet as you read it you will find it. Pictures speak a thousand words too. O.o:)B|

Mine has 351 pages maybe older one? 

1 hour ago, Bible Speaks said:

Its in the booklet as you read it you will find it. Pictures speak a thousand words too. O.o:)B|

You didn't confirm if it's even the same document. The one I am reading is searchable and I read about 50 pages of the areas that would have been relevant. I searched on "bunker" "Colorado" "CO" "bunkers" "California" "CA" "population" "farm" "farms" and about 30 other words that might have been relevant. I also saw all the "pictures."

I'm thinking you were not looking in the same document. Perhaps you could tell me what link you used to find the document you were reading.

Just noticed you added the length of the document. Mine also has 351 pages. Let me know if you were able to find any of the points you said were there.

1 hour ago, Bible Speaks said:

No. I've finished all the relevant parts. I thought that the population portions would be the most disturbing, but at the most general level, they are hardly different than anything the Watchtower or Awake would say on the subject.

• There is a need to develop strategies to mitigate both the adverse impact on the environment of human activities and the adverse impact of environmental change on human populations. The world's population is expected to exceed 8 billion by the year 2020. Sixty per cent of the world' s population already live in coastal areas, while 65 per cent of cities with populations above 2.5 million are located along the world coasts; several of them are already at or below the present sea level. (page 32)

As is typical of humans and human governments, they know where the problems are and even know what to do about it, but capitalism (always a form of greed, so far) gets in the way. We look back on this document and can see how amazingly thoughtful it was, and yet no one appears to have acted on it very much. Even the United States suffered this year in Katrina and Harvey and Irma more than necessary by ignoring good counsel.

As far as the danger to farms and rural areas, the document admits that populations in cities are easier to service, and that better planning and design of urban areas could make many cities much more efficient. But I see no danger to the rural areas and farms pointed out in the document:

• As a matter of priority, health service coverage should be achieved for population groups in greatest need, particularly those living in rural areas. (page 33)

The document is very friendly to farms and calls for assistance to help farms become more productive and less wasteful.

• World food demand projections indicate an increase of 50 per cent by the year 2000 which will more than double again by 2050. Conservative estimates put pre-harvest and post-harvest losses caused by pests between 25 and 50 per cent. Pests affecting animal health also cause heavy losses and in many areas prevent livestock development. Chemical control of agricultural pests has dominated the scene, but its overuse has adverse effects on farm budgets, human health and the environment, as well as on international trade. New pest problems continue to develop. (page 141)

If any of the points I mentioned fall on the same page numbers matching your document, then we most likely have the same document from June 1992.

I finished the whole document and I again looked at all the "pictures." There were none at all.

Please double-check that you are not basing your beliefs on one of the many conspiracy hoaxes about this document.

• 4 months later...

I think it is a VERY good idea for the Society to get out of densly populated cities ..... I suspect that sometime in the next 20 years thare will be a highly effective depopulation of these major cities ... not with U.N. political initiatives ... but with hydrogen bombs... or after the South  Korea Olympics where people from all over the world will gather together ... they will return to their homelands contaminated with North Korean biological warfare agents.

They are obviously prudently planning ahead for the next hundred years.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.