• 2 years later...

• Views 582
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, The Librarian said:

Do you know what year this might have been? (I'm guessing early 1970's?)

About right. He calls it "temporary pioneering" and we called in "vacation pioneering" up until 1972 and then "auxiliary pioneering" starting in 1976. Also he mentions the partial ban in Zambia against house to house work, which matches the 1972 km:

*** km 1/72 p. 1 Branch Letter ***
Learn, too, how Jehovah has richly blessed your brothers in Zambia, even though house-to-house work has been prohibited and thousands of their children have been expelled from the public schools.

I think that situation lasted until 1974, but his other numbers show that he is either in '72 or '73. The 25 percent of brothers and sisters in Japan being in pioneer work was true in both years:

*** km 12/72 p. 4 Can You Share More Fully in Kingdom-preaching? ***
One of the reasons for the large number of pioneers in Japan—one out of every four publishers—

It was 24 percent in 1973, but then the new number of publishers baptized in 1974 would have made the percentage slip further:

*** km 6/74 p. 4 Theocratic News ***
More than one quarter of the 22,500 publishers in Japan began field service in the past year.

I could look up several of those numbers in the Yearbooks, to check for sure, but the mention of 50,000 Bible studies and just over 50,000 publishers in Zambia for example, would likely put this in late 1972, after the new Yearbook came out, or early to mid 1973.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.