The World News Media

Holy Spirit - Talk by David Gibson Jr. in the UK (pre-1980)

The Librarian

• Views 939
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My knowledge of the Bible was meager back in 1956 when I studied with anointed brother Andrew Jack. I remember how he guffawed when the topic came to "The Holy Ghost. One conjures the image of a spect

Thank you! You correctly guessed my age which is 88 and turning 89 in February 2012. I am fortunate to still be able to walk up steep hills. "He gives power to the tired one And full might to tho

My knowledge of the Bible was meager back in 1956 when I studied with anointed brother Andrew Jack. I remember how he guffawed when the topic came to "The Holy Ghost. One conjures the image of a specter in the vicinity. We had the privilege of occasionally inviting him to have lunch with us. (Matt. 10:42) Many years after we moved to East London on the South African East coast we met him again when he was on leave. We again had the privilege of taking him for a ride up and down the Nahoon river in our small boat.  Brother Andrew Jack finished his earthly course a few years later.

1 hour ago, Colin Browne said:

South African East coast we met him again when he was on leave. We again had

I am originally from Pretoria.  My brother, you must be in late 80s or maybe even 90!  You have been blessed by jehovah! 

Power and active force is different. Power can be latent or is a capacity to do something. Holy spirit is always a streaming or projected force or and 'active' force to accomplish his purpose. 

Always moving - the speaker likened it to wind and air.  Loved his analogies. An excellent listen. .... listen to entire talk.

22 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I am originally from Pretoria.  My brother, you must be in late 80s or maybe even 90!  You have been blessed by jehovah! 

Power and active force is different. Power can be latent or is a capacity to do something. Holy spirit is always a streaming or projected force or and 'active' force to accomplish his purpose. 

Always moving - the speaker likened it to wind and air.  Loved his analogies. A good listen. 

Thank you! You correctly guessed my age which is 88 and turning 89 in February 2012. I am fortunate to still be able to walk up steep hills.

"He gives power to the tired one And full might to those lacking strength.  Boys will tire out and grow weary, And young men will stumble and fall,  But those hoping in Jehovah will regain power. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary; They will walk and not tire out.” (Isaiah 40:29-31)

I have a wonderful spiritual brother to assist me in our regular ministry. The scripture below being true.

"There are companions ready to crush one another, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother" (Proverbs 18:24) 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.