The World News Media

Leah Remini Tackles Jehovah's Witnesses for 'Scientology and the Aftermath'

Jack Ryan

14 hours ago, Indiana said:

We finally got a chance to catch up with Lloyd 

This fellow invited/cajoled/taunted/practically begged for me to appear on his podcast, then turned hostile when it became clear that I would not. (The pen is mightier than the podcast)

I did “appear”, with some tenacity, albeit always respect, on his website. He didn’t endure it long. I am banned there.

(Though maybe it is like when the Librarian (that old hen) slapped some demerits on me for some wrong that she imagined I had committed. They were said to be permanent, but they soon vanished. I haven’t checked with Lloyd.)

He likes easy softballs that he can swat out of the park.

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one is forcing anyone to stay in the religion, just like no one is forcing anyone to pay ransom in a kidnapping situation.

Did you forgot when the Pharoah asked Moses why he should let the Jews leave? Moses just replied with "JW.org"

TTH was in LlOYD's  HOUSE. The "homeowner" sets the rules about what speech is permitted. That is also true at the Kingdom Hall, and at my house. It is also true with The Librarian, and

Posted Images

14 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

The "homeowner" sets the rules about what speech is permitted

That’s why I didn’t appear on his ‘podcast.’

I have no problem with someone controlling his own site. I do mine as well, far more tightly than he. 

The difference is that he constantly remarks on how few Witnesses show up to engage with him. Should some do that, however, and actually succeed in making a few points, he tosses them out.

14 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

It is also true with The Librarian

the old hen

On 3/10/2019 at 6:44 AM, Space Merchant said:

You come to their playground that they own, you are bounded to their rules. They can warn you, remind you, but should you go out of line, you will be exiled, excommunicato'd, banished, kick-out, of the playground.

sounds exactly like being a jw in a kh. 

31 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:
On 3/10/2019 at 9:44 AM, Space Merchant said:

You come to their playground that they own, you are bounded to their rules. They can warn you, remind you, but should you go out of line, you will be exiled, excommunicato'd, banished, kick-out, of the playground.

If you misbehave in my house, you may be shot dead.

.... you do not "take a dump" in someone else's environment.

That's why gentlemen go out in the street to fight .... or in a public forum where the rules are somewhat more lax.

8 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

That's why gentlemen go out in the street to fight .... or in a public forum where the rules are somewhat more lax.

rightly so and I agree. The difference being is that  I do not proclaim to accept any joe public person into my "house" without establishing the boundaries before hand if we are on different playing fields. 

"House rules" are everywhere, its up to each of us to either accept them or not enter. That makes it kind of hard for those dragged in without a choice. 

10 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

Sounds exactly like mainstream Christendom and soco films who, inasmuch butcher the gospels knowingly.

9 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

There is always rules to a forum. We are lucky to have such a less strict admin unlike other places.

16 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

Sounds exactly like mainstream Christendom and soco films who, inasmuch butcher the gospels knowingly.

you're funny. I mean, you already know that what I said is true. It DOES sound like the wt, because they do exactly that. 

Your statement here is silly. Why? because your feelings are hurt and want to lash out. No one agrees that mainstream Christianity disfellowships or excommunicates or shuns.  You are just hurt, and that's ok. It'll get better. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.