The World News Media

• Views 5.6k
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to worry. This isn't a real thread. Not exactly anyway. I was asked to try my hand at splitting off some of the diversionary topics from the thread called: Perhaps you heard of it. Well

thank you for all your comments, even though my language is not,  somethings which makes it little hard for me to understand you fully, and read all your words fast. sorry if I make any mistakes. 

Posted Images

One of the things that sparked dialog is getting emails when someone posted, so a person could reply .... I don't think the new system ( no pun intended) does this.  It's a good idea, but it would be easier to just allow for hijacking a thread ... which in my opinion stimulates discussion of ALL types.  A freeform brawl of a discussion seems to me the best way to get NEW Truths, out of old ideas.

32 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

A freeform brawl of a discussion seems to me the best way to get NEW Truths, out of old ideas.

We have been asked by @The Librarian, who is boundlessly wise and kind, to start a new thread whenever we have a new thought. I think it is very important to comply with her wishes. She is only seeking the greater good. I am impressed with the hard work that she tirelessly puts in so that the rest of us may enjoy an enlightening, yet peaceful, forum.

I, for one, will start a new thread if I so much as belch.

I have heard troubling reports that she has been kidnapped by @TrueTomHarley. I certainly hope that this is not true, and if it is, that this misunderstanding is cleared up right away and no harm comes to this fine woman.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the best comment was "That is why you should NOT major in Liberal Arts".

There is INFINITE variety among people.

Dave Thomas founded "WENDY'S" hamburgers restaurant ... and he never graduated from HIGH SCHOOL.

Several years before he died, he got an equivalent G.E.D.

I knew a registered Architect with a Masters Degree, who could not keep a job doing ANYTHING.

INFINITE VARIETY !

BUT ... it's better to have a gun and not need it ... than need a gun, and not have it.

robot loyalty  1  -.jpg

As a retired engineer, I considered eloping with an electrostatic copy machine to fulfill my genetic imperative .... but the copies were all fuzzy.

...  and a cult is defined as "the church down the street from YOUR church".

...  and as to 3d printers ... as Sigmund Freud (charlatan as he was...) was reported to have once said about dreams ..... "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and a tunnel is just a tunnel".

dt920723dhc0.gif

On 8/15/2017 at 0:51 PM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Dave Thomas founded "WENDY'S" hamburgers restaurant ... and he never graduated from HIGH SCHOOL.

Several years before he died, he got an equivalent G.E.D.

I refuse to buy a computer. I type out my comments and mail them to @The Librarianfor inclusion here. (the old hen)

Neither Steve Jobs nor Bill Gates ever graduated from college. They obviously were not qualified to do whatever they  went on to do.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.