The World News Media

8 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

When someone says the filter is actually used to prohibit the incandescent  screaming pain filled and raging demons from Hell from entering my camera, ( I suppose these hypothetical people would think the Sun is "Hell"?), I can assuredly tell you THAT IS NOT WHY I FILTER THE LIGHT, without getting into how EXACTLY the filter material is made to  do the "voodoo, that it do, so well".

That braggart who uses the science of speech

More to blackmail and swindle than teach!

• Views 5.6k
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to worry. This isn't a real thread. Not exactly anyway. I was asked to try my hand at splitting off some of the diversionary topics from the thread called: Perhaps you heard of it. Well

thank you for all your comments, even though my language is not,  somethings which makes it little hard for me to understand you fully, and read all your words fast. sorry if I make any mistakes. 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

That braggart who uses the science of speech

More to blackmail and swindle than teach!

Come smell the Rose.

Nobody knows

How the smell goes

From the Rose

To your nose.

Again, TTH .... I am talking about an idea... a CONCEPT ... a principle ... and you are attacking me personally.

May I suggest you get a hobby OTHER than stamp collecting ... it often  makes people anal retentive.

At LEAST ... you are 100% predictable, and consistent.

33 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Nonsense. I am merely looking for occasions to spotlight My Fair Lady lyrics, which the threadmeister @JW Insider himself has endorsed. 

Threadmeister? Great. I hereby rule that no one can make more than two posts in this thread containing lyrics from My Fair Lady. 

So show me you understand, and, if you did it, then just you wait because I know the street where you live, and with a little bit of luck, we'll carry on without you. But right now, I've got a customer to face.

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

Threadmeister? Great. I hereby rule that no one can make more than two posts in this thread containing lyrics from My Fair Lady.

>:(

And I had so much more.*

Just remember, it is not about us. It is about vindicating Rogers and Hammerstein. 

And @The Librarian

*do you mean thread, or do you mean pages of this thread?

6 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

>:(

And I had so much more.*

Just remember, it is not about us. It is about vindicating Rogers and Hammerstein. 

And @The Librarian

*do you mean thread, or do you mean pages of this thread?

My favs are Sound of Music, South Pacific

Did you know South Pacific was very controversial because of the inter-racial marriage issue back then.

I love my fair lady and south pacific too, sound of music and GIGI.  As a young girl my father took me to a stage production of Gigi -  Leslie Caron and Maurice Chevallier.   They do not make them like that any more!   

5 minutes ago, Arauna said:

I love my fair lady and south pacific too, sound of music and GIGI.  As a young girl my father took me to a stage production of Gigi -  Leslie Caron and Maurice Chevallier.   They do not make them like that any more!   

I have two older sisters and they use to watch Rogers and Hammerstein movies ALL the time and that made me into a bit of a romantic. lol

1 hour ago, bruceq said:

Did you know South Pacific was very controversial because of the inter-racial marriage issue back then

Actually, my wife and I walked out of a amateur production of that musical because it seemed altogether too smutty. I didn't know about the racial controversy. The music is fine, though. And who could complain about The Sound of Music?

What's @jw insider going to do now? Everyone's going off the rails.

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:
3 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I am talking about an idea... a CONCEPT ... a principle ... and you are attacking me personally.

Nonsense. I am merely looking for occasions to spotlight My Fair Lady lyrics, which the threadmeister @JW Insider himself has endorsed. 

TTH:  You are weaseling.

If " ... I am merely looking for occasions to spotlight My Fair Lady lyrics .... ", you would not have used my quote as  alleged context.

Not to worry. This isn't a real thread. Not exactly anyway.

I was asked to try my hand at splitting off some of the diversionary topics from the thread called:

Perhaps you heard of it. Well, as you can tell from the image attached to the link, above, it quickly turned into thread about buzzards and elephants and even took a detour down Broadway. So I did a quick review of the thread and decided that it might be good to just see if I can split off only several of the side topics, so that this new thread becomes a place for the obvious side topics that always come up in a 1914 discussion, such as:

• You have no right to discuss this because it's apostasy even to bring it up!
  • You must be a follower of Carl Olof Jonsson
  • You must be a follower of Raymond Franz
  • You are not being loyal and faithful to the Governing Body
  • You must have bad motives, ego issues, etc. etc.

In addition since that other thread is at least 15 pages too long, this new one will likely have a lot of free space, comparatively. So we might also just move over a few of the posts that weren't directly responding to the subject, although they might make interesting side topics, which could even be broken off of this thread someday. Feel free to make suggestions. 

I wouldn't worry about this too much. In a few days, probably both of these threads could move to the back of the line. For anyone who worries about such things I won't move posts if I find out that it loses any reactions it had. Wouldn't want to change that. But I'm also worried about the chronological order of the posts and continuity of comments. So if it's not working out, then most things will just stay where they were.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.