The World News Media

Irma's latest forecasts to the science behind nature's biggest hurricanes - not good news! ??????

Bible Speaks

This notated image from the NOAA-NASA Suomi NPP satellite shows cloud-top temperatures inside Hurricane Irma, and other features of the storm. (The scale is in degrees minus Celsius, so the temperatures get warmer toward the center of the storm.) The image was captured on Sept. 4 at 12:32 a.m. EDT (0432 GMT), while the storm was still a Category 3 hurricane.

Credit: NOAA/NASA

Hurricane Irma, a "potentially catastrophic" Category 5 storm churning in the Atlantic, is gathering steam as it makes its way toward the Leeward Islands, Puerto Rico and parts of Florida. And this monster storm could pack a punch; Hurricane Irma's maximum sustained winds have been recorded at a mind-boggling 185 miles per hour (296 km/h).

To help you stay on top of the storm's development, Live Science has compiled everything you need to know, from tips on hurricane preparedness to Irma's latest forecasts to the science behind nature's biggest hurricanes.

https://www.livescience.com/60320-hurricane-irma-news.html?_ga=2.66724782.1247623192.1504739091-1043769205.1504739090

IMG_5399.PNG

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JEHOVAH,  PLEASE  HELP  OUR  BROTHERS  AND  SISTERS ?

Spent from July 8 to July 22 this year in Anguilla. Brothers we called there yesterday are all suffering from damage to their homes and several vehicles. No reports of loss of life that they know of o

Got your go bags ready? ????????????...#Repost @abcworldnewstonight MONSTER STORM: @davidmuirabc leads our coverage of Hurricane Irma as the Category 5 storm lashes islands in the Caribbean and t

Posted Images

NASA's Terra satellite captured this image of Hurricane Irma at 10:35 a.m. local time on September 6, 2017.NASA Earth Observatory

Hurricane Irma has already left hundreds of thousands of residents of Puerto Rico without electricity hours before the worst of the storm is expected to hit.

Nearly 300,000 people were already without power by Wednesday afternoon, The New York Times reported. About 4,000 were without water because the electricity was out.

The Miami Herald reported that parts of the island could be without power for four to six months.

At 4 p.m. on Wednesday the eye of the storm was still about 70 miles northeast of San Juan, but the island was already feeling the storm's tropical forces.

The National Hurricane Center's forecast Wednesday afternoon predicted that the Category 5 storm would start pounding Puerto Rico within hours, passing by the island's northern coast.

Just after 3 p.m. local time, Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rossello reported about 2,800 people and 230 pets were already taking refuge in shelters after evacuating.

Hurricane Irma

Waves crash against the seawall as Hurricane Irma slammed across islands in the northern Caribbean on Wednesday, in Fajardo, Puerto Rico September 6, 2017.REUTERS/Alvin Baez

Ricardo Ramos, director of the Puerto Rico's sole power company, PREPA, told local radio station NotiUno on Tuesday that some residents could have their power restored in as soon as a week, while for others it could take months.

Part of the problem is the island's debt crisis and crumbling infrastructure. PREPA, a government-owned utility, defaulted on nearly $9 billion in debt in July, NPR reported. "The dangerousness of this event is like nothing we've ever seen," the Rossello said. "A lot of infrastructure won't be able to withstand this kind of force." He urged residents in the path of the storm to evacuate, and President Donald Trump declared a federal emergency in Puerto Rico to free up federal resources.

IMG_5401.PNG

Wow! Monster Storms! Who has authority in the earth? Remember Satan was cast down to the earth! Woe for the earth ? and the sea ?, he knows he has a short period of time! 

CATEGORY 5: @noaa satellite imagery captures the eye of Hurricane Irma, with sustained winds now at 180 mph and gusts up to 220 mph as the monster storm sweeps toward the Caribbean with a state of emergency already declared in Florida. Complete coverage tonight. @davidmuirabc @ginger_zee @perezreports @linziejanis #hurricane #hurricaneirma #irma #category5 #storm #weather #wx #carribean #puertorico #florida #abcnews #worldnewstonight

Watch this Video! Link ____

Got your go bags ready? ????????????...#Repost @abcworldnewstonight

MONSTER STORM: @davidmuirabc leads our coverage of Hurricane Irma as the Category 5 storm lashes islands in the Caribbean and takes aim at Florida. #hurricane #hurricaneirma #irma #storm #weather #wx #carribean #florida #worldnewstonight

Watch Video Link ____WOW!

Don't Give Up the Scene of this world ? is changing. –  

Hurricane Irma destroyed almost an entire Caribbean island. Located in the Eastern Caribbean, Barbuda was the first island to experience landfall by Irma.

Irma arrived at Puerto Rico on Wednesday and is expected to hit Florida on Sept 9th. via @nowthisnews

MP4 Link Tap to Open Video ___

IMG_5471.MP4