• Views 1k
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No. That's Nuke.

@JW Insider The whole Nike thing is being meme'd now so it is very likely to see such things after Nike sided with Colin Kaepernick. The crazy thing is people are burning their Nike products in p

Posted Images

Curious that this post instantly triggers an advertisement related to sports and running for me. And the related posts listed on the page are as follows, all about Nike, even though the post never says the word Nike anywhere:

Similar Content

Nike Is Joining the United States of Amazon

By Nicole

If you thought Amazon’s retail domination would slow down any time soon, you were mistaken.

Nike Reveals the ‘Pro Hijab’ for Muslim Athletes

By Nicole

Nike, a company whose brand is estimated to be worth $27 billion, understands the difference apparel can make to an athlete. And like any viable...

Apple’s New Nike Watch Will Harass You Into Running

By Nicole

At today’s live Apple event, the fruit unveiled the iPhone 7, Apple Watch Series 2, and the Apple Watch Nike+.

1 minute ago, JW Insider said:

Curious that this post instantly triggers an advertisement related to sports and running for me. And the related posts listed on the page are as follows, all about Nike, even though the post never says the word Nike anywhere:

Wasn't Nike a god of the Russians?

On 9/7/2018 at 11:45 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

Wasn't Nike a god of the Russians?

To the Gopnik and Gopnitsta (female Gopnik) love Nike as well as Adidas. They also like to squat down, not being too far from their counterparts known as Slav and occasionally enjoy themselves some vodka (taking their vodka or making eye contact with their Gopnitsta will anger them). The Gopniks love to sport the merchandise, furthermore, they like EDM, House Music as well as the icing on the cake, HARD STYLE, also known as JUMP STYLE, the Gopniks, as well as most Russian youth like video games too, the most popular being an first person shooter/fps known as Counter Strike Global Offensive, but their counterpart, the Slave,plays this heavily. Anywhere you go in Russia, you are bound to see a Gopkin and or his/her crew with them, they are impossible to miss, and mostly dwell about nearby an apartment complex, be it public and or abandon.

The brand these most of these folks are wearing is Nike and Adidas (These guys were dancing to House/EDM Music, as being done by the vodka man of the gopfm crew).

QFoZLF.gif

The same guy dancing is called the vodka man because of his other dance to Hardbass (also known as Hard Style in Russia)

8C3996D6D73B4B802EFD96846ACF8AED62CD22A7

This is what a Hard Style/Jump Style song and dance looks like for Gopkins and Russian youth.

But yes, The Russians do love themselves a bit of Nike and Adidas, perhaps a bit TOO much, and such ones are not liked by even the Kremlin, although the Kremlin, even the church have no choice because such people will do all kinds of work for money, and sadly, other times, the Kremlin and the church trick these people into doing their bidding.

Other than that these guys are relaxed and very chill, mainly if you do not shed any problems with them, you are in the clear.

The Gopnik:

cover256x256-f6c66de971ab4a46afbec24f2ef

The Gopnitsta:

32969556_1964897797173660_42289736116684

The Slav (can be I.D.ed as a Gopnik also):

hqdefault.jpg

@JW Insider The whole Nike thing is being meme'd now so it is very likely to see such things after Nike sided with Colin Kaepernick.

The crazy thing is people are burning their Nike products in protest. I mean, if they do not like Nike just sell or donate the items, make a profit off of anything Nike you owned, but sadly, they prefer to burn it all, and it shows that such is over the top nowadays.

1 minute ago, Space Merchant said:

@JW Insider The whole Nike thing is being meme'd now so it is very likely to see such things after Nike sided with Colin Kaepernick.

Yes. I hadn't seen the "Believe in something" memes yet, so I hadn't recognized that this "meme" in the OP had two items that linked it to Nike, not just the "checkmark/wing" from the logo. Still, my surprise was that I happened to click on the post just seconds from when the notification came up, and so quickly the software had already pushed Nike links and competing sports ads onto the page. I realize that this is how some expensive web services can appear free, and I'm not at all irritated by it for myself. It bothers me a bit that people like children and elderly are not as aware about how their privacy can be invaded in nefarious ways, or that they might have given up protecting themselves at least mentally from the barrage of ads. To some young persons it's the new normal.

With a Samsung Smart TV and a FireStick and Amazon Echo and Cortana, I'll not be surprised that I can mention a brand or product vocally and see an ad pop up for that item.

3 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

The crazy thing is people are burning their Nike products in protest. I mean, if they do not like Nike just sell or donate the items, make a profit off of anything Nike you owned, but sadly, they prefer to burn it all, and it shows that such is over the top nowadays.

I agree with burning the shoes if I was anyone but me.  50 Years ago I had a Nikon F 35mm camera, and put black plastic electrical tape tape over the name on the front of the pentaprism.

They were not PAYING me for the advertising.

Nikonf.jpg

Yes, it was "over the top"

.... better than being "under the bottom"!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.