The World News Media

Furuli's new book: Is any of it right? Useful? Like Franz?

JW Insider

@JW Insider  said " Why do we think it is important to keep repeating this? Especially if it is a falsehood? What does this particular falsehood do for us now? Was this falsehood an honest mistake? Was it an unverified repetition of something someone else said? "

Is this therefore the Traditions of Men ? Being taught in your 'truth' ful organisation. 

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first thread started on this topic, and the topic has already garnered hundreds of responses. But it hasn't dealt much with Rolf Furuli's own theme. His real topic is about how the JW religion is

Okay, JWI has posted a new topic. I don’t want to catch any of you saying irrelevant things. I don’t want 4Jah talking about CSA. I don’t want Allen talking about Zondervan. I can post some of my vaca

I hate to say it, but you are quite right on this one. I knew that these time periods were always subject to change any time something better comes along. And I was actually very surprised we held ont

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Also, think, it is important to know the history of the organization to which someone belongs as an active member, as a person who dedicates his life to the goals of that same organization.

It is very common to see an organization say something  such as, "we've been in business since 1956", or "for over 80 years we've served the community".  It is considered as something to be proud of. It incites curiosity, and the Watchtower does the same thing.  Yet, they select what they want the curious one, to find out about its beginnings.   If JWs say, it's not important to go back and research WT's history, what are THEY hiding?  (excluding JWI, because he is a walking WT history book, and has opened his "pages" freely for all to read)

It is very important to know the history (including any false claims and false prophecies made) of the CCJW as @Srecko Sostar shows.

Quote "Also, think, it is important to know the history of the organization to which someone belongs as an active member, as a person who dedicates his life to the goals of that same organization."

One big reason is this :-

The second question for Baptism ;

Do you understand that your baptism indentifies you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with Jehovah's organisation ? 

So what intelligent person would hand themselves over to an Organisation that they knew nothing about ?

It is easy to be deceived because the 'boots on the ground' JWs seem so pleasant.  And the so called Bible Studies, are not such, but they are a book study with some reference to scripture. 

52 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

So what intelligent person would hand themselves over to an Organisation that they knew nothing about ?

That is why you study for two or three years. You can investigate the organization's  links and. .... but why go and get familiar with Russels opinion and Rutherfords opinion when their opinions no longer count in the organization?  They are dead and we have moved on from their teachings.

It is only opposers that go and dig up old stuff to try and say we do not have the truth while they ignore all the core teachings that are absolutely correct.

Bring me another organization that teaches Jehovahs name, teaches the mortality of the soul, that jesus is not God, understand that the kingdom is a government, does not get involved with politics and does not vote or riot,  preaches the kingdom world-wide   etc.etc. ....... please go on and tell me if there is another organization out there ........ 

Yes @Arauna I can agree with you up to a point about not going that far back but the God's Kingdom Rules book didn't help did it ? (I'm looking at my copy now)

Printed in 2014, that's not that long ago is it ?    The very first double inner pages. Quote :- 

"Picture yourself as a member of the Brooklyn Bethel family on Friday morning of October 2, 1914"..........

And it continues to go on about C. T. Russel.  And a big picture of same.... 

A lot of that book was about the history of the Organisation that far back. So it seems it was important to the GB to 'talk about it'. Hence others talk about it too.

Your last paragraph is a minefield if you don't mind me saying so. It's like having a really beautiful car that looks lovely and is so comfortable, but the engine is faulty and unreliable.  The CCJW has lots of very good points, but it's 'engine' is faulty and unreliable. 

And I was saying that long before that man and his book were being mentioned on here. 

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

How does Rolf feel about the wild beasts—2-headed, 7-headed, scarlet colored, image of, dragon. Would he decommission them?

Not if he is part of  the "beloved" one, which he is.(Rev. 13:1,2).  The other one he would like to see removed... "decommissioned". (Rev. 13:11,12)  I see you missed that part in my post.🙂              

15 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

beautiful car that looks lovely and is so comfortable, but the engine is faulty and

That is where you are wrong.  I study much world history  and philosophy and I also know the JW history. I do not need to be a scholar of what every witness said 100 years ago  to understand that jehovah is using this organization, flaws and all.

If the Organization wants to highlight a point it is ok with me but I find the current fulfillment of teaching and preaching and fulfillment of current events in prophecy much more edifying and strengthening.

I compare our core teachings  to what the world has to offer and see nothing better.....anywhere....  on top of the fulfillment of bible prophecy of the world-wide preaching work and giving timely and strengthening spiritual food to the world.

That is why you guys are stuck on the past - to try to dig up dirt.  You are like an old nagging woman - emotional and continually accusing her  husband over and over again of something he did 60 years ago. 

17 minutes ago, Arauna said:

That is why you guys are stuck on the past - to try to dig up dirt.  You are like an old nagging woman - emotional and continually accusing her  husband over and over again of something he did 60 years ago. 

I believe how this "guys stuck on the past" are wary, because they are not sure if they can trust an organization that has made false beliefs, doctrines in the past, and never show regret and apologize  to members, become reliable today ?!. 

How you can believe they are reliable today, when they changing doctrines and interpretations, instructions on an annual basis ?!

@Arauna  I don't think I go back as far as Russell etc, but i do go back the 1960's. That is because it was when I was being taught the 'truth' by JW's. However the 'truth' that I was being taught turned out to be false. So I can base my findings on Facts because I know the situation. 

And that magazine from 1967 shows how false it was back then. 'The last day of the last days, in fact the last part of the last day' (Not an exact quote but near enough to make the point)

I do remember @JW Insider saying something like (and I know I will be told he didn't) 'The GB or leaders need to keep saying things to keep the congregants on their toes and keep them busy' (Not a direct quote but the idea is close enough) 

I would ask all JWs this. Is there a written list of CCJW core teachings, because it seems a phrase that is being 'banded about' here ? 

And I would love to see a written list of rules past and present too. Such as : No beards. Must wear a tie and jacket.  A brother and a sister should not spend time together when no one else is present. A brother and a sister are not allowed to stay the night in the same house. (but probably two brothers can or two sisters, because the GB don't want to think in that direction). 

As for the world wide preaching work. How many so called Christian religions are Earth wide ? Lots of them. How many of them produce their own Bible ? Quite a few of them. Back in the early 1960's there were Christian Union people that would do 'ministry work' around the streets here in England. What the CCJW do is not new. The Mormons were / are doing it too. IF the CCJW message in false then they are no better than the others. 

There is a scripture 2 Peter 3 v 4 :-

Berean Study Bible
“Where is the promise of His coming?” they will ask. “Ever since our fathers fell asleep, everything continues as it has from the beginning of creation.”

BUT the JW Organisation made this promise in 1967 as I've written above. So that makes the Org guilty of stumbling people...... Have an honest think about it.

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

I compare our core teachings  to what the world has to offer and see nothing better.....anywhere....  on top of the fulfillment of bible prophecy of the world-wide preaching work and giving timely and strengthening spiritual food to the world.

There have been faithful anointed and faithful believers in Christ, since the first century  The "faithful", those who worship "in spirit and truth", taught and absorbed truth, from God's Word.  The only difference today, is that an organization that has captured the attention of millions over time (Col 2:8), and boasts its ability to provide scriptural truth.  Yet, it is done in the presence of lies. 

“Among my people are the wicked who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch people."  Jer 5:26

"Their tongue is a deadly arrow; it speaks deceitfully. With their mouths they all speak cordially to their neighbors, but in their hearts they set traps for them."  Jer 9:8

"The Lord’s anointed, our very life breath,
    was caught in their traps.
We thought that under his shadow
    we would live among the nations."  Lam 4:20

"And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty."  Rev 16:13,14

"kings of the earth" - 

"and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth."  Rev 1:5

"And have made us kings and priests to our God;
And we shall
reign on the earth.”  Rev 5:10

"He who leads into captivity shall go into captivity; he who kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints."  Rev 13:10

2 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

I would ask all JWs this. Is there a written list of CCJW core teachings, because it seems a phrase that is being 'banded about' here ? ....Such as : No beards. Must wear a tie and jacket. 

It seems barely possible that one could have been a JW for decades and later ask such a dopey question. It may be that the entire persona is a facade.

It reminds me of how all my life I had searched for truth. I knew I had finally found it when I learned that there really was a people who were cool on beards.

I don’t think so.

21 hours ago, Arauna said:

You are trying to compare slippers with pumpkins

:)

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.