The World News Media

Eastern mentality and Communism compared to the CCJW / Watchtower.

Patiently waiting for Truth

•  It seems that some JWs are taking a great interest in worldly politics, Eastern mentality and Communism. So I thought I would compare the same to the CCJW aka JW Org aka Watchtower. 

@TrueTomHarley   Quote "The group is more important than the individual,‘ is the Eastern mentality going back thousands of years, grounded in Confucianism. The individual rights, even needs, are subservient to the group in such a culture. "

subservient = prepared to obey others unquestioningly.   

I didn't realise that the CCJW was grounded in Confucianism.  The Org is more important than the individual. 

@Arauna Quote "The greater good of all is more important than the individual.  So a central government can force any law on you for the greater good of society".

Yes definitely the GB of the CCJW.

'central government ' = Governing Body....     'society' = Watchtower Society

Please compare :- 

IICSA Inquiry https://www.iicsa.org.uk/key-documents/20895/view/public-hearing-transcript-11-august-2020.pdf

A question put to the CCJW 

Page 41.  Lines :- 

21 Could I just ask, what do you mean by that? Does

22 that mean that the individual must be subjected to the

23 whole? So the interests of the congregation are more

24 important than the interests of the individual?

Do you see the connection here ? It is asking the same as I am asking. Please relate this to Tom's comment top of page 

"The group is more important than the individual,‘  The individual rights, even needs, are subservient to the group in such a culture. "

And @Arauna "The greater good of all is more important than the individual'

I think people with spiritual wisdom will note the very close similarity here. 

• Views 511
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a person, who has studied and know the many doctrinal changes over the years, the failed predictions, the overlapping generations and legalistic nature of the watcher....all aka, incompetence, also

You can’t “compare” because you don’t anything about the first topic, and you appear to think it is a sin to find out.. So how are you going to “compare?” You wouldn’t even know that Eastern culture e

God is incompetent is what you are saying—his holy spirit incapable of motivating peope to do his will. Really?

5 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

It seems that some JWs are taking a great interest in worldly politics, Eastern mentality and Communism. So I thought I would compare the same to the CCJW aka JW Org aka Watchtower. 

You can’t “compare” because you don’t anything about the first topic, and you appear to think it is a sin to find out.. So how are you going to “compare?” You wouldn’t even know that Eastern culture emphasizes group if I hadn’t had said so. 

Your knowledge of the first topic is zilch, and your knowledge of the second is so tainted by childish petulance and manifest ill-will that it is not far from zilch. So I (and probably I can speak for @Arauna, too) don’t appreciate being summoned before a master of ceremonies who doesn’t know anything.

It was a trolling comment when you put it on @JW Insider’s  thread, where it had absolutely no place and was just inserted to insult people who hold to your old faith. Rebuked for putting it there, you now put it here? Do it without involving Aruana and me, for your zero knowledge of the “worldly politics” you wish to compare  doesn’t increase just because you have entered a different room.

@TrueTomHarley  @JW Insider suggested I start a new topic and that is what I have done. Please refer to his comment in that topic if you do not believe me. 

I can tell you are both hurt by my comparison of the CCJW and Communism But you may note that the IICSA investigation has suggested the same thing.  I expect you will condemn the IICSA investigation too. 

Going one step further than the IICSA, the truth is that, The interests of the GB and CCJW are more important than the interests of each congregant. 

@Arauna  keeps harping on about 'hate - behavior' but she seems to forget that Jesus found fault in the Jewish Religious Leaders and voiced his opinion, condemning them. And I'm sure it would be easy to find written information of the CCJW condemning other religions such as the Catholic Church. 

As for my knowledge of world topics I'm not deeply interested in being part of that world. Space Merchant says he is a Truther and he digs deep into such things, but for me it is not worth while. I can read news articles but what news is true news ?  There is nothing we could do, and nothing we should to, to get involved. And we should not take sides. So, all your 'deep research' into the world's problems is for what ? We all know what we need to know. Each day brings us all closer to the end of this wicked system. But it could still be years away.

Hiding in an immoral organisation and protecting those that should be dealt with by the Superior Authorities, whilst 'observing' the wickedness of the world's leaders, does what for you ?  Do you get a kick from uploading all that information about China, America, Russia et al ?  As an observer it just looks as if you are all trying to out do each other by uploading more and more info'. But then it seems you all have time to waste on it.  

1 minute ago, 4Jah2me said:

but she seems to forget that Jesus found fault in the

Nothing you say or do reminds me of Jesus' sayings or his doings.  Are you working full time to teach people about Jehovah and Jesus? 

@Arauna Well to put it simply for you then, Jesus found fault where there was fault, in what was supposed to be God's organisation of that time, and I find fault where there is fault, in what is supposed to be God's organisation now.

I don't think anyone is working full time to teach people about Almighty God and His son, right now. I do think that JWs are continuing to scare monger people with the 'Final part of the final day' record. But it looks as if some of you are spending your time moaning about the nations of the world. That is not time spent teaching others about God or Christ. 

However I did spend all morning studying the whole of the June Watchtower which has the study articles for August 3-30 2020.  I particularly liked paragraph 20 of the first article on page 7.  I really don't know how the GB / helpers can write that with a clear conscience. Don't they know how they are seen by the world right now ? How are they even thinking about 'reflecting properly on Jehovah's name and drawing other to Him', when they are acting in such a selfish and immoral way. 

8 hours ago, Arauna said:

Nothing you say or do reminds me of Jesus' sayings or his doings.  Are you working full time to teach people about Jehovah and Jesus? 

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

God is incompetent is what you are saying—his holy spirit incapable of motivating peope to do his will.

Really?

What sort of record is needed to validate that a person is preaching about God and Christ? A filled-out time slip for men to record, which benefits only the organization? Do scriptures back up this "tradition"?   Those are rules of men. God doesn’t need a time slip; only men who judge one’s spiritual worthiness, need it.   How many JW's here, count their time when speaking to an exjw?     It doesn't take an organization, it doesn't take rules and regulations by men, to speak about God and Jesus.   If we have to be spoon-fed, rule upon rule on how to preach, it is not the Holy Spirit that is directing that sort of preaching work.  If we have to submit any time that we have accrued for what you call, "preaching the good news",  it is the influence of scheming leaders who feel they must know what you are doing, and not doing, for the sake of the organization. 

"Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules:  “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”?  These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings.  Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence."  Col 2:20-23 

There were believers of Christ among rulers in the days of the Pharisees, but they couldn't make the break and follow only Christ.  They were slaves to men, and feared for their immediate role of leadership and prestige among their people.  They feared being thrown out of the synagogue, and losing everything and everyone they knew.  Every JW is aware of what they will lose if they refuse to follow the organization’s guidelines. 

Can our heart be manipulated by wickedness and the dominance of others?  Most certainly.

“For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves.”  Acts 20:29,30

Just because the WT touts to "preach" worldwide, does not mean that the organization is "the truth".

Either we genuinely believe in Christ and follow him, or we hypocritically believe in an organization, and follow it.   

“But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him, 38 that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke:

“Lord, who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”

39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again:

40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts,
Lest they should see with their eyes,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.”

41 These things Isaiah said when he saw His glory and spoke of Him.

Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue43 for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.  John 12:37-43

All JWs, strive for the praise of men.

Synagogue – “congregation/ assembly”

@TrueTomHarley I said "I don't think anyone is working full time to teach people about Almighty God and His son, right now." 

Get it right Tom.  BUT the GB are restricting the Anointed from serving God properly. And the GB are causing stumbling for many people, so they are not serving God properly. And JWs don't have the 'truth' to teach people as JWs just act as messengers for the GB and it's Org. 

I quote you Tom "God is incompetent is what you are saying—his holy spirit incapable of motivating peope to do his will.

Now look at the history of the Nation of Israel. Was it God's incompetence that caused them to turn their back on God ?

Was it that God's holy spirit was incapable of motivating the Jews ?  NO. It was the fault of MEN. Just as it is the fault of MEN now.  Men (the GB and their helpers and others) are not serving God properly, hence the 'teaching work' is false. 

They are more concerned with money and material things than they are with doing what is right in God's eyes. 

On 8/14/2020 at 7:41 PM, Witness said:

Can our heart be manipulated by wickedness and the dominance of others?  Most certainly.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:03 PM, 4Jah2me said:

subservient = prepared to obey others unquestioningly.

Stanley Milgram's experiments and Asch’s paradigm explained and revealed us some interesting details how people in power and group influence can make us to do and think wrong.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 9:39 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

God is incompetent is what you are saying—his holy spirit incapable of motivating peope to do his will.

Really?

If a person, who has studied and know the many doctrinal changes over the years, the failed predictions, the overlapping generations and legalistic nature of the watcher....all aka, incompetence, also reading that the watchtower is the mouthpiece of Jehovah, the channel of communication between Jehovah and man, etc. That person may seem Jehovah is incompetent  because of the incompetency of the watchtower. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.