The World News Media

How were JW elders who were really Communist Spies appointed by "Holy Spirit"?

Isabella

• Views 10k
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If “appointed by holy spirit“ is supposed to be some sort of “foolproof” process, how could Paul have said (Acts 20:30) to first-century elders, “from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twis

Some jw's need to heed this advice when it comes to the catholic church. Scars are the battle wounds that prove we are still alive.

That being said, I can’t believe all the deceit and duplicity that goes on here. Aliases, counter-aliases—it’s enough to make a nice guy like me swear like a trooper. Which, of course, I would never d

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

Wow you guys really are 'part of this world'. It's probably because you are mostly Amarican though

I will agree, friend, such discussions should not sit with the righteous. Thank you for pointing out my fallacy. I again see where individuals here prefer to argue rather than accept facts. It has become common place with many subjects that shouldn't be relevant to a follower of Christ. 

My only objective here was to demonstrate a different perspective than those entered through personal life experience of having a cousin who lives in Chicago and is a lieutenant in a police department, among other relatives that are judges, among other things.

"No one should live in fear of being stopped whenever he leaves his home to go about the activities of daily life.
U.S. District Court Judge Shira Scheindlin"

BLACK RIGHTS, CIVIL RIGHTS, AND HUMAN RIGHTS

What are black rights? There are no distinctive rights that people have based on race, and to combine a racial adjective with the word “rights” is a rhetorical device. Still, with true premises, a persuasive argument about black rights can be framed:
1. As human beings or American citizens, blacks and whites have the same rights.
2. Blacks have been deprived of rights compared to whites who are not so deprived.
3. It is unjust that blacks are deprived of rights whites have.
4. To bring attention to this injustice and encourage respect and protection of the rights of blacks, so that blacks are not disproportionately deprived of rights, it is useful to talk about “black rights.” p31

Once again, my apologizes for making this quarrelsome. That was not my intent.

1 hour ago, NoisySrecko said:

I will agree, friend, such discussions should not sit with the righteous.

Friend, being as righteous as I am able to muster while yet residing in the flesh, allow me to make an observation on

1 hour ago, NoisySrecko said:

BLACK RIGHTS, CIVIL RIGHTS, AND HUMAN RIGHTS

Rather than carry on about rights, I prefer to focus on the Golden Rule, to whit, that we ought treat others as we would wish to be treated ourselves.

It preserves all that is noble about human rights while discarding what is pretentious. After all, if they are rights, shouldn’t you be able to do something about it when they are violated?

The only thing we really have a right to in this system of things is old age and death. Everything else is gravy—which we can secure if we can only persuade people to follow the Golden Rule.

Oh dear :) I really am glad I live in England. Well live in a nice quiet part of it. 

I think 27 people died at sea yesterday, trying to get to England. It's very sad if true, but I don't get involved in the right or wrong of it. Hopefully they will get a resurrection in the 'new world'. That, to me, is what matters concerning them. 

One of my points being that we cannot expect the 'world' to be a fair, nice, peaceful, loving, kind place anymore.  I trust no one until I have reason to trust them.  Even then I trust them only a little. 

However, rightly ot wrongly, I did expect the JW Org (as it's supposed to be no part of this world, and the one true religion) to be those things that i didn't expect the world to be. 

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

The only thing we really have a right to in this system of things is old age and death

I like this, it's direct and honest. I've got the old age bit and death is creeping up slowly. :)  But knowing truth, death is not frightening. 

3 hours ago, NoisySrecko said:

"No one should live in fear of being stopped whenever he leaves his home to go about the activities of daily life.

We used to get stopped and searched, late at night in the 1970's. There were all night cafe's that we would frequent and we would walk around town just for something to do at probably 2am. The local Police were quite polite and nice about it though. However I don't think the English Police are as nice now. Times change and this old systen just gets worse. 

17 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

I like this, it's direct and honest. I've got the old age bit and death is creeping up slowly. :)  But knowing truth, death is not frightening. 

We don’t even have a right to ‘old age and death,’ the more I think on it, just death.

What does the verse day? “That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men…”

It doesn’t say, “That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and old age and death through sin, and so old age death spread to all men….

Don’t get me wrong. I like the idea of old age. But it is icing on cake in a world sabotaged by sin, not a right  Just how many rights can you demand from the Devil? But with God you can reliably hope for undeserved kindness.

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Rather than carry on about rights, I prefer to focus on the Golden Rule, to whit, that we ought treat others as we would wish to be treated ourselves.

Friend, can you clarify if this is your virtue, the way you express yourself toward others conflicts with not only the golden rule, but your application of that rule. I believe, as God's thinking creation, we can be civil to one another. We can also be gracious and accept our mistakes without having such a profound impact.

Jehovah did not create a division between color. That impact is man-made and is governed as such.

2 minutes ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

I like this scripture. I'm 72, so maybe I'm just a little bit strong

Allow me to express a profound thought, friend, and I hope you will not take it the wrong way. I pray you don't. 

May your strength carry you over a 100. Be at peace and forgive yourself in these trying time. Do not look upon yourself as an unrepentant person but instead a lost sheep looking for a righteous Shepherd. You seem to have lost confidence in the people around you. Stop, think, and reflect on what scripture means in the personal relationship you need to reconnect with Jehovah. Christian faith while unified cast a greater self-worth of faith. It is by virtue of our personal relationship with God that will ultimately be our salvation. God demanded the unity of his chosen people. He expects no less from spiritual Israel. May you find time to reignite your service to Jehovah.

My apologies in advance if my words offend you in any way. May peace and love carry you in your journey.

41 minutes ago, NoisySrecko said:

Friend, can you clarify if this is your virtue, the way you express yourself toward others conflicts with not only the golden rule, but your application of that rule.

Friend, I’m not aware that it does. But if you will give me an example or two, I’ll take it under advisement.

Isn’t your very moniker, NoisySrecko, an unkind taunt at dear Srecko, who presents himself here as another friend? 

17 hours ago, xero said:

I'm talking about the police response. I'm not talking about the rate of offending which is highest in the black population, likely due to the ruination of the family at the hands of leftist policies going back to the Johnson administration which incentivized single parent families.

One thing for certain. Noisy doesn't know anything about crime, crime stats and the causes of and correlates of crime. I do. I took every CJ class offered. Other things (beyond absentee fathers) which increase the likelihood of violent offending is low IQ and higher male hormone levels . Interestingly, when the IQ drops to 70 the rate of offending goes down. The sweet spot appears to be an IQ of 85.https://law.jrank.org/pages/1363/Intelligence-Crime-Measuring-size-IQ-crime-correlation.html

6 hours ago, NoisySrecko said:

The manner of your personal interpretation is false. Life experience can give a better account than statistics friend. Don't be rude.

"Lived experience" is crap. Those are just anecdotes and these mean nothing. You don't go from some anecdote or some gas you might have at the moment and conclude anything about the external world based on those kinds of things.

My "lived experience" is that apostates are massively annoying trolls who instead of trying to better their own lives just hang around people who are doing their best to do what's right and yelling "Boo!, boo!".

No one cares what apostates have to say, even people who don't like JW's despise apostates.