The World News Media

Are JWs in America back on the 'door to door' work now ?

Patiently waiting for Truth

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

But you haven't become a "Truther" yet, have you?

I don't need to be labeled in order to defend the truth. That's just foolishness that comes from uneducated people.

WT exposes itself by exposing its past by blaming its own flock of sheep for alleged rumors that the flock began to spread on its own.

Wrong! The Watchtower had to specifically tell its members to stop being foolish about their OWN perceived speculation, much as @Witness is doing now. Those rumors were around way before 1974. However, in 1974, it appears woeful fools just weren't getting it through their thick skulls that it obligated the WT to react to such foolishness.

It is absurd to believe in GB claim that JW sheep started bleating about 1975 unprovoked. The then and present WTJWorg administration is a church hierarchy that does not allow anything to happen beyond their control.

Since this is just your opinion, it is your problem. That doesn't mean, your opinion is factual.

And today you are trying to sell us the claim that these were some insignificant or semi-insignificant JW rank and file members who started mass hysteria (rumors) of such magnitude that even today WTJWorg publications have to write about it on the pages of WT magazine that is studied at JW meetings

Foolish people are insignificant to the truth. Those that perpetrate by false claims are in league with misinformation and thus in league with Satan's work. What, Jehovah's Witnesses here have failed to include in this nonsense, there were people pretending to be JWs actively promoting that foolishness. So, it wasn't "all" foolish witnesses, but imposters. I got a chance to personally kick out a few from assemblies.

Before you start your foolishness about linking my words and the actions of ignorant witnesses with the WT, I suggest you refocus your ignorance to something you do know about.

Therefore, do you personally believe Jesus was trying to degrade Peter? Or was Jesus compelled to by Peter's foolishness?

• Views 41.4k
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

…..  

This is exactly the point. Thanks. The Watchtower has ALWAYS turned the generation into a zone of dates. When the Watchtower's previous zone of dates was no longer tenable, there was an excellent oppo

Yes. If you don’t forgive and put it behind you, you never heal. You are forever rehashing your injury. In close to 50 years with Jehovah’s earthly organization, the supportive benefits have far excee

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Witness said:

do you think Armageddon means to JWs?  It means the destruction of the "world" as they know it

This is not the truth. It is a half-truth.... not spot on. It has always meant a world situation wherein Jesus destroys the earthly worldly powers under control of Satan as depicted in Revelation 19.

Of course now we understand much more. ...... 

13 hours ago, Dmitar said:

You should be ashamed of yourself for this kind of woeful foolishness. 

*** w74 10/15 p. 635 Growing in Appreciation for the “Divine Purpose” ***
The publications of Jehovah’s witnesses have shown that, according to Bible chronology, it appears that 6,000 years of man’s existence will be completed in the mid-1970’s. But these publications have never said that the world’s end would come then. Nevertheless, there has been considerable individual speculation on the matter. So the assembly presentation “Why We Have Not Been Told ‘That Day and Hour’” was very timely. It emphasized that we do not know the exact time when God will bring the end. All we know is that the end will come within the generation that sees fulfilled on it the sign that Jesus Christ said would then be in evidence. (See Matthew chapters 24, 25.) All indications are that the fulfillment of this sign began in 1914. So we can be confident that the end is near; we do not have the slightest doubt that God will bring it about, the speaker stressed. But we have to wait and see exactly when, in the meantime keeping busy in God’s service.

Once again, you show the reader what a false prophet you really are. WAKE UP! Readers, don't accept the obtuse narrative of former Jehovah's Witnesses. That includes @Pudgy 

Can I continue my madness now? :)
@Witness put a picture of a magazine from 1968. You put a quote from a magazine from 1974.
What it shows us?

A little shift in the interpretation of the date when the end of the system of things begins.

From the magazine you provide as evidence you should note what you skipped to emphasize. And it is:

All we know is that the end will come within the generation that sees fulfilled on it the sign that Jesus Christ said would then be in evidence. (See Matthew chapters 24, 25.) All indications are that the fulfillment of this sign began in 1914. So we can be confident that the end is near; we do not have the slightest doubt that God will bring it about, the speaker stressed. - w74 10/15 page 635

Mitigating the outcome of the end in 1975 with the claim that the end comes within the generation of 1914 means stretching the period in which the end (destruction of the evil world) will occur definitively.

Your and SM's attempt to defend 1975 is in vain. 

You need to be aware that "1975" was in fact within the lifetime of the "1914 generation", from WT perspective. It means that WTJWorg’s “prediction” was based, and even justifiably based, on the doctrine and interpretations of the time. Because if they were right with the definition of "generation", the end could really have come in 1975, if we had looked at it from their position at the time. :)))

4 hours ago, Arauna said:

This is not the truth. It is a half-truth.... not spot on. It has always meant a world situation wherein Jesus destroys the earthly worldly powers under control of Satan as depicted in Revelation 19.

Of course now we understand much more. ...... 

I think my "half-truth" and your "truth" are saying the same thing.

"Just think, brothers, there are only about ninety months left before 6,000 years of mans existence on earth is completed... The majority of people living today will probably be alive when Armageddon breaks out, and there are no resurrection hopes for those who are destroyed then. So, now more than ever, it is vital not to ignore that spirit of wanting to do more." (km 3/1968 p. 4) 

"There is only a short time left before Jehovah will destroy this wicked system of things." (Wt 1/15/1969)

"The Bible book of Revelation (chapters 20 and 21) reveals many of the good things that the thousand-year rule will bring. It also tells us that this millennium must be preceded immediately by the most destructive war in all human history. We can now see the political rulers or “kings of the entire inhabited earth” being gathered, under forces beyond human control, for that War of all wars, at the place called Har–Magedon"  (Wt 74/7/1 pg 397)

11 hours ago, Witness said:

This is what I suggest. 

Your original posts said otherwise.

Buy yourself a 25 piece puzzle on Amazon, and practice putting it together until you see the entire picture on the box. 

There is no need to for again, facts and evidence proven the narrative to be false.

If anyone was using puzzles, it was you, who used various images and notions to assume the speculative narrative to be true. You even attested to the fact they did say things when it is non existent.

Then, revisit 1975, put the pieces - all of the Wt  articles pertaining to 1975, together, and you will see the entire picture.  (but you already know that)

I did, and yet none of their works even archives stated God's Day would be on a specific day and time of 1975.

It does not make any sense either granted, prior to God's Day, the preaching of Judgment did not occur, nor did any of them stopped preaching the gospel. In JWI case, his experienced showed that there was activity in gospel preaching prior, during and after the events.

Well of course I would know, this isn't the first time you have asserted this narrative, showing you to not be truthful.

Better yet, find a JW who sold his house around 1975, and forfeited his job to prepare for Armageddon. 

This is due to assuming due to speculative narrative. They heard and came to their own conclusion. The EXJW brought that up in his video before his termination. To make it simpler for you he stated that a large crowd of people listed to what was said and some people heard differently resulting in them taking action compared to others who did not. He also stated that even among the community, there was 2 groups of JWs, those that understood vs those who assume God's Day to be taking place soon, and their were discussions, arguments, etc. This is the same case with those who visited JW churches in those days, for the onlookers who weren't even JWs gave their insight.

When it comes to speculation, people do panic. We already have example, the Ukraine War, COVID-19, which sparks panic and what transpired recently. Even before the 70s, the actions of old men cause people to panic too and quit jobs and sell everything vs those who did not.

Therefore, this argument point of yours is null.

Ask him, if he believed the organization's leaders told him that 1975 was the date for Armageddon.  (you already know his answer)

I did, I spoke to some, even those who visited. Likewise, with some EXJWs who did give their perspective, hence the YouTuber. Not everyone, even some EXJWs believe the narrative pushed by their own community.

(ironic how you make no mention of those cast out for believing otherwise)

If you can't envision the "picture" puzzle

So I am suppose to pretend without question that they and or any of their works stated God's Day will occur in 1975?

That makes no sense. Likewise with the fact people were still preaching around that time, hence the verse I mentioned to @Dmitar.

or you don't believe the JW

Well they never made the suggestion, even JWI pointed it out, as did others.

you are either blind, hard of hearing, a liar, or a manipulator

I am not blind - I do research, come to the conclusion if something is factual and or false. I am capable of critical thought; read into things thoroughly, for I tend to read things multiple times, if need be.

I am not hard of hearing - Granted we are on the internet, clearing we cannot hear each other - poor choice of words.

I do not lie - Truthers do not lie, we attest to truth, like those before us. You make this claim, but you are the one who cannot produce evidence. Even when one of your own is thrown under the bus, you make sure even his word is not heard.

I do not manipulate - If anyone is a manipulator, it is you. Your original post, you attempt to convince me and others with a reddit source that made claim JW did say 1975 was God's Day and they had articles specifically saying that. When called out for it, you lashed out on those who assume you are blind, which happens to be true. Then when the facts was presented, you act out the same way as you are now, caught in a bind.

The problem here is you are caught up in your own revelation, or, as mentioned, being a tool of Mainstream Christendom who embolden your community to act the way you do. Likewise with the Franz notion connecting to 1975.

Delusions all around, and it has been exposed.

12 hours ago, Witness said:

for whatever reason, only you know.

I have no reasons of my own. I see falsehood or deception, I call it out, with facts/evidence if needed, nothing more.

The Agenda was refuted.

That being said, do the research because you are not doing yourself any sort of justice. 

10 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

A lot has been said, because a lot of it has been written about 1975 in WTJWorg publications.

Then show evidence of which @Witnesscannot.

The EXJWs, those who believed, sated that the JWs specifically stated God's Day was to occur in 1975.

So can you kindly please show me this information (granted both you and Witness was asked this many, many times, and in Witness' case, her original posts in the cited thread, she said they did, I even quoted her, twice)

Right now, you are acting out the same way as those I refuted regarding Jen Psaki and her nonsensical statements.

There is no need to explain this from me, because it is the rhetoric that is widely used by GB and WTJWorg.

Predictable response. Therefore my latter statement proved my case.

But you haven't become a "Truther" yet, have you? :) 

This is coming from a  guy who does not even know what that community is about.

You have a lot of difficulty in various forms of perception, while you put other people in boxes that you shape yourself of your choice, don't you?

Because you set yourself up. You already know how I react to false claims and falsehood, so setting yourself up will only yield criticism and or a response should the notion shows itself to be false.

Even Dmitar warned me about your modus operandi. :) 

He makes an assumption, but granted my experience, I get such a lot. As do many, even my rivals, some being way to offended by the fact that I rely heavily on logic and facts.

Well of course [modus operandi - the way in which something operates or works], I do operate in the manner of seeking truth and calling out what is false.

11 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

WT exposes itself by exposing its past by blaming its own flock of sheep for alleged rumors that the flock began to spread on its own.

Unfortunately that was the case, speculative narratives.

It is absurd to believe in GB claim that JW sheep started bleating about 1975 unprovoked. The then and present WTJWorg administration is a church hierarchy that does not allow anything to happen beyond their control.

I'm pretty sure they made the point.

And today you are trying to sell us the claim that these were some insignificant or semi-insignificant JW rank and file members who started mass hysteria (rumors) of such magnitude that even today WTJWorg publications have to write about it on the pages of WT magazine that is studied at JW meetings ?

Because when people do the research be it a current JW or former, they now know. Even the non religious knows. 1975 was based off an assumed speculation.

If 8 million JWs have to read and discuss this in meetings today because GB decided it was important for today's JWs to learn, then it's hard to accept your thesis that it was just rumors that were the product of the intellectual incompetence of a few JWs from period before 1975.

And yet there were discussions, as the EXJW mentioned in his video, as did others, who were aware, likewise to those who were there that day.

That being said, you can instantly prove everyone as foolish here by simply quoting what the EXJWs who believe this to be true, but every time when asked, nothing is produced.

In all honesty, as pointed out, you and Witness were shown to believe anything and everything without research. You even ignored one of your own who suffered at the hands of John Cedars followers. A shame.

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

All we know is that the end will come within the generation that sees fulfilled on it the sign that Jesus Christ said would then be in evidence. (See Matthew chapters 24, 25.) All indications are that the fulfillment of this sign began in 1914. So we can be confident that the end is near; we do not have the slightest doubt that God will bring it about, the speaker stressed. - w74 10/15 page 635

This simply says the End is Near. Nothing pertains to 1975 being the end of this world. What kills it for you, the actual notation from whatever you posted went on to address the following - 6,000 years of man’s existence

Hence the following, of which you cut off to fool everyone:

[The publications of Jehovah’s witnesses have shown that, according to Bible chronology, it appears that 6,000 years of man’s existence will be completed in the mid-1970’s. But these publications have never said that the world’s end would come then. Nevertheless, there has been considerable individual speculation on the matter.]

The only nod to God's Day is cited once, in the article you mentioned and that one time attested to the fact that this, and is the pervious never suggested what you and @Witness are claiming. In fact Witness herself stated the latter indeed attest to the notion.

Let's continue.

It also states the following:

[So the assembly presentation “Why We Have Not Been Told ‘That Day and Hour’” was very timely. It emphasized that we do not know the exact time when God will bring the end. All we know is that the end will come within the generation that sees fulfilled on it the sign that Jesus Christ said would then be in evidence. (See Matthew chapters 24, 25.)]

This is why I cited @JW Insider experienced in which you agreed with him on, and the fact I mentioned to @Dmitar what is often overlooked, preaching the gospel regarding Matthew 24:14.

Remember, prior to God's Day, there would be no preaching of the good news gospel, instead, a message of judgement, evidently God's people, as is the chosen, would no longer being preaching at all, as if the gospel work came to an end. So as we can see, in the 70s, JWs were effectively still preaching, it makes no sense to claim God's Day will occur if

• [A] Preaching the gospel still was in practice
  • [B] No preaching of judgment, instead the gospel of the Messianic Kingdom.

So this alone also breaks the EXJW narrative.

According to various experiences, and the one from the EXJW before termination, people were indeed still preaching around those days, even after 1975.

Furthermore, the fact Matthew 24 was even cited, kills the narrative.

Mitigating the outcome of the end in 1975 with the claim that the end comes within the generation of 1914 means stretching the period in which the end (destruction of the evil world) will occur definitively.

Actually you are incorrect, you literally have the citation of your source, perhaps read it. This just shows you do not even read what you cite. again, no sense of critical thought here, on your part.

Your and SM's attempt to defend 1975 is in vain. 

One can literally read your source, it never even said God's Day would occur in 1975.

You need to be aware that "1975" was in fact within the lifetime of the "1914 generation", from WT perspective.

Yet Matthew 24 and 25 puts you in a contradiction. 

It means that WTJWorg’s “prediction” was based, and even justifiably based, on the doctrine and interpretations of the time.

Yet no evidence of them stating the world's end in 1975. And even in the 70s, they were still preaching the gospel.

Because if they were right with the definition of "generation", the end could really have come in 1975, if we had looked at it from their position at the time. :)))

And that alone shows you ignored the verses in Matthew and didn't read the article.

That being said, I do not know who is more foolish, a David Wood follower, or a heavily misguided EXJW.

Many people have come to realize that the false assertion of which you are defending is false. This is why the EXJWs who did find this out spoke up, and clearly they were attacked for it.

The end result is no claim of a world's end ever was utter by them in regards to 1975, end of story.

25 minutes ago, Space Merchant said:

I do operate in the manner of seeking truth and calling out what is false.

I do believe this. That’s why I will take it seriously should SM ever check me on some point I have made, rather than blow it off as fault-seeking drivel, the way I realistically must do with so many here.

I won’t go quite so far as to say it would be a Psalm 141: 5 moment…

Should the righteous one … reprove me, it would be like oil on my head, Which my head would never refuse,

but close.

If you hate the good news, you will do everything in your power to find fault with the imperfect vessels that carry it. It is no more complicated than that. SM is on to these malcontents.

9 hours ago, Thinking said:

Who is EJW and  where is he now…if I may ask 

A long time ago there were some EXJW who were critical of their former faith, agreed and disagreed on some things but never went down the apostasy route compared to their disgruntled counterparts. Basically when anything JW related is brought up, the disgruntled troop will show up cause trouble, in this case regarding years like 1914 or 1975, if they say something different outside of the EXJW Agenda, they're attacked. This YouTuber was relentlessly attacked to the point the community got his channel removed, so no channel means no revenue. This is parallel to John's Cedars friend, of which I mentioned to @Equivocation who had EXJWs send him death threats, fat shamed him, and did all sort of attacks (this includes the one who became a Wiccan, leading the charge) even terminated 2 specific videos which could potentially helped JWs and EXJWs in regards to the CSA situation. It was brutal to the point that some people had to defend this person, even some from your faith.

According to people like Ezekiel, even some Bible Students, like Reslight, who is very critical of JWs and EXJWs, they are often attacked by the EXJW community, and like always, Trinitarians in some cases show up to instigate the situation.. They'll attack anyone who assumes otherwise. This is why it is difficult to find any neutral channels and or those affiliated with your faith.

Someone made an example a while back that also fits the narrative, compared the community and those like that to a Marvel villain known as Galactus whereas where there is life, he shows up to consume it entirely unless stopped strategically by those who know the threat.

This often times spills over into the Christian and debate communities concerning the Bible.

It is also proven should any of these people are brought up in the community, people like @Witness or @Srecko Sostar would never attest to such people existing. Because in order to preserve the Agenda, that community drowns out such persons.

Mainstream Christendom tend to do the same thing also, but should anyone find out, they tend to obscure things, i.e. Soco Films is an example, as with various Movements backed by Babylon the Great.

20 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I do believe this. That’s why I will take it seriously should SM ever check me on some point I have made, rather than blow it off as fault-seeking drivel, the way I realistically must do with so many here.

I won’t go quite so far as to say it would be a Psalm 141: 5 moment…

Should the righteous one … reprove me, it would be like oil on my head, Which my head would never refuse,

but close.

If you hate the good news, you will do everything in your power to find fault with the imperfect vessels that carry it. It is no more complicated than that. SM is on to these malcontents.

It is understandable that people can make mistake, but there are those out there that willfully make the mistake of professing a narrative to be true when it is false.

The tragedy of it all, those who walk that path with such a mindset are often the biggest targets to Babylon. As we can see, some show themselves to be examples, and never change, thus engineering their own destruction when Babylon sweeps over the West and the East to her choosing.