Matthew9969

• Views 937
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder if the Wt ever intends on refunding donations used for the building of branch facilities, that are later sold.  I’m sure we are talking about millions of dollars needed to build them.  We kno

Protests are useless …. The WTB&Ts is now TOTALLY controlled by their accountants and lawyers. Nothing new …. This ALWAYS, without exception occurs when any religion starts accumulating Real

At least they offer a refund, unlike the Watchtower 🙂. ws17 July p. 5 - One way to prove ourselves faithful with our material things is by making donations to the worldwide preaching work that Je

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Pudgy said:

Sometimes, people do the best they know how to do under very difficult circumstances and technically they’re doing everything wrong and in the wrong way. However, the fact remains that they are doing the best they know how to do and I suspect Jehovah God gives them credit for that.

Whether God does or he does not is often a matter of perception on our part and that in itself can be subject to great error.

I saw a movie last night that perfectly exemplifies a righteously inclined person doing the very best he knew how to do under impossible circumstances.

It was called “The Book Of Eli“ starring Denzel Washington, and although you may have some serious objections about the movie, no people or animals were harmed in the production of the movie . 

None.

For that perspective, I highly recommend seeing the movie. I deliberately avoided it for many years, but the ending makes the movie worthwhile.

I agree, that is a great movie, but then again D.W. and the ending make the movie.

4 hours ago, Pudgy said:

I think Dimitar is trying to use flattery on me, but because from all outward appearances he has absolutely NO sense of humor, I suspect he would not recognize a cartoon canine court jester if it bit him on his butt cheeks.

Not even a child of the earth bug planting eggs in his ears.

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, Witness said:

Are you saying the organization is a temple?

You seem to indicate an offering is wrong. Can you explain why it's wrong, even though Jesus spoke about it and the apostles referenced those offerings to the church?

Since this post is about a church scamming its parishioners by a refund if their needs are not met, and you insist the Watchtower should do the same, I'm trying to find a text where the first century did that by those means of giving. Now you're using the word temple, it's more interesting, since Jesus thought of his body as a temple. John 2:9. Does this mean, those offerings should have gone directly to Jesus and not the church, and if someone's prayer was not answered to their satisfaction, Jesus should have returned that offering?

How should a Christian proceed with the question of the burnt offerings and animal sacrifice?

On 2/4/2022 at 11:31 PM, Matthew9969 said:

months we'll refund your money. That sounds pretty horrible to me. What do you think?

The first question which comes to mind is: do they keep that promise?  Or do most people not bother to ask it back......

14 hours ago, Arauna said:

The first question which comes to mind is: do they keep that promise?  Or do most people not bother to ask it back......

It’s sorta like when you buy something that has a three year warrantee,  that costs $35, and it breaks under warrenty, and you find out you have to pack it up in the original box, provide proof of purchase, and the return shipping is $26.

You might get “burned” once ….. perhaps even twice ….. but being a loyal “customer” is not about what is advertised, it’s about credibility, and true value.

When you continually disparage comprehensive education, and misrepresent what you know to the customer ….. even if it is for the very best of noble reasons, your company will not fare well.

On 2/4/2022 at 5:31 PM, Matthew9969 said:

There is a pretty popular church here that actually states, 'if your not blessed by tithing 10% or greater, in 6 months we'll refund your money. That sounds pretty horrible to me. What do you think?

Christians should be giving out of free will, what they can give or whatever promise they made themselves to give. The Tithe is not something required for Christians to do, but in churches of the mainstream, this is a practice, not only 10% in money given, but in some situations, 10% in other things too. This is why some in even the educational spectrum sees this as a money making type of thing and utilize it in the churches themselves. 

Reasons why I take issue with Prosperity Preachers of the New Theology.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.