Equivocation

• Views 9.4k
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first revolution was a color revolution (orange revolution) - CIA has orchestrated many of these across the world.  They also changed the regime again at the last election with puppets in power. 

On day one of the Olympics I stopped by Pearlsnswine’s house and mentioned Biden had tied his shoe. ”We are no part of the world!” he rebuked me. On day two of the Olympics I stopped by Pear

No - in your home you may try to talk to a perpetrator and get out of a bad situation (I have done it while in field service).  But taking a gun with intention to use it (because it can be fatal), is

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Arauna said:

There are regular reminders in the news - and those are of child traffickers such as Epstein, the British royal house and many others who "openly" got away with a lifestyle of abuse (not just one under aged - but many, many many...). so I find it strange that you just focus one ONE group. 

All of those you have mentioned are part of the world. As a Christian I know that the world is ruled by the devil. So, why would i expect anything other than immorality and wickedness from those you have mentioned ?

BUT, the Watchtower / JW Org pretends to be 'no part of the world'. It pretends to be morally clean. It pretends to be a SAFE PLACE for families including Children..... Then it hides pedophiles in it's congregations. It refuses to hand over very important information, a 25 + year database of Pedophile accusations in America alone. What of JW congregations in the rest of the world ? We have some information concerning Australia, the Netherlands, the UK, Canada, Spain and some court cases in America, but the JW org is earthwide. Your leaders reside in America and they can't even keep the congregations there clean. What hope is there for other countries ? 

My opinion is that the Jehovah's Witness organisation could once have been used by God, but unfortunately the leaders turned thier back on God and on Yeshua. The Jews were once used by God too but we know their history. 

I am patiently waiting to see the outcome of Yeshua's judgement of the GB and the Org. I am waiting to see what will 'rise from the ashes'.  I have my hopes of course. But meanwhile I will continue to warn others of the dangers of the JW org, and the dangers of believing the words of the GB and even worse, teaching those things to others. 

1 hour ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

JW Org pretends to be 'no part of the world'. It pretends to be morally clean

Most of us are morally clean - it just takes ONE person who oversteps the principles of Jehovah to put a bad spot on an entire congregation.  BUT Jehovah forgave Manasseh who burnt his children in fire; he also forgave David who murdered someone and committed adultery.  We learn from this: humans who serve Jehovah are imperfect and prone to lose faith and do wrong things. 

Are there individual hypocrites who pretend to be moral when they are not?  I am sure there are. But they are usually exposed.  Jehovah himself says : that which is hidden will be exposed (paraphrased). So I trust that Jehovah does expose things........ but then people with bad motives will use this s fuel to hurt their brothers. But they will also be judged.  Who judges his brother harshly will face Jehovah's judgement.  So repent.

Conclusion:  it is morally wrong from YOU to expect JWs to NEVER make any mistakes or have blotches.  Unfortunately, your expectations are so high, I wonder if any person  could find approval in front of Jehovah by your standard.  Like David I say:  " Thank goodness Jehovah is the judge and not the super fine apostles; or those who stand in judgement of their fellow worshipers.

Lending a scriptural passage alluded to above by Arauna.

33 minutes ago, Arauna said:

Like David I say:  " Thank goodness Jehovah is the judge and not the super fine apostles; or those who stand in judgement of their fellow worshipers.

2 Samuel 24:10-14

10  But David’s heart* was struck with remorse+ after he had numbered the people. David then said to Jehovah: “I have sinned+ greatly by doing this. And now, Jehovah, please forgive your servant’s error,+ for I have acted very foolishly.”+ 11  When David got up in the morning, Jehovah’s word came to Gad+ the prophet, David’s visionary, saying: 12  “Go and say to David, ‘This is what Jehovah says: “I am giving you three options. Choose the one that I should bring on you.”’”+ 13  So Gad came in to David and told him: “Should seven years of famine come on your land?+ Or should you flee for three months from your adversaries while they pursue you?+ Or should there be three days of pestilence in your land?+ Now consider carefully what I should reply to the One who sent me.” 14  So David said to Gad: “It is very distressing to me. Let us fall, please, into the hand of Jehovah,+ for his mercy is great;+ but do not let me fall into the hand of man.”+15  Then Jehovah sent a pestilence+ on Israel from the morning until the designated time, so that 70,000 of the people from Dan to Beʹer-sheʹba+ died.+ 16  When the angel stretched out his hand toward Jerusalem to destroy it, Jehovah felt regret* over the calamity,+ and he said to the angel bringing destruction among the people: “It is enough! Now let your hand drop.” Jehovah’s angel was close to the threshing floor of A·rauʹnah+ the Jebʹu·site."

Read on, to verse 24, it is interesting.

This discussion has gone way too far over the brink. Hope the scriptural passage can redeem and refresh in some way.

1 hour ago, Melinda Mills said:

So David said to Gad: “It is very distressing to me. Let us fall, please, into the hand of Jehovah,+ for his mercy is great;+ but do not let me fall into the hand of man.”+

Here’s a fine gem from this 3-day-old report about the ECHR decision—declaring the 2017 ban on God’s people in Russia illegal, and its underlying premise of “extremism” absurd  (The decision was not unanimous. One judge voted against. Which one? Of course—the Russian one.):

“Even accepting that the texts [used to prove that they were “extremists”] promoted the idea that the religion of Jehovah’s Witnesses was superior to others or that it was better to be a Jehovah’s Witness than a member of another Christian denomination, it is significant that the texts did not insult, hold up to ridicule or slander non-Witnesses; nor did they use abusive terms in respect of them or of matters regarded as sacred by them.”

https://bitterwinter.org/russia-persecution-of-jehovahs-witnesses-unlawful/

A fine example of imitation. Sigh…for me as well. I have had to add a few to the block list. I’m too easily drawn in when certain ones say outrageous, misrepresented, and sometimes just plain stupid, things. It’s my bad. I should have better self-control.

2 hours ago, Arauna said:

Conclusion:  it is morally wrong from YOU to expect JWs to NEVER make any mistakes or have blotches.  Unfortunately, your expectations are so high, I wonder if any person  could find approval in front of Jehovah by your standard.  Like David I say:  " Thank goodness Jehovah is the judge and not the super fine apostles; or those who stand in judgement of their fellow worshipers.

My expectations are for TRUTH. Hence i am, Patiently waiting for Truth.  

I believe Yeshua / Jesus will be the judge, as He has been given all authority. 

The things I have mentioned are not mistakes or 'blotches'. They are deliberate sins and deliberate crimes. 

We all have sin and we all do things we should not do. But for my part I am not (nor do i want to be) a leader of millions of people and I do not set myself up as an example for others to follow. Unlike your GB that say they are the 'Faithful and discrret Slave' and say that 'God and Yeshua trust them therefore every JW should trust them'. If you cannot see their faults it would seem to be that you do not want to see their faults. And if you support the GB and the Org then you become part of the problem, as does every other JW that supports them. 

On their own the GB would be nothing. Similarly on their own the Elders of congregations would be nothing. It is every JW that supports those men in self made 'authority', that is to blame.  

And as for expectations being high, um, I thought that the JW org was suposed to be moulding people in preperation for that New World. True that New World will not be perfect at first, but surely expectations should be high because God's standards ARE high. 

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

A fine example of imitation. Sigh…for me as well. I have had to add a few to the block list. I’m too easily drawn in when certain ones say outrageous, misrepresented, and sometimes just plain stupid, things. It’s my bad. I should have better self-control.

So why even be in the Open group if you can't handle the 'heat' ?  Run back to the shelter of the closet. 

So much like the JW org, people hiding and not wanting to learn truth. Brothers and sisters patting each others backs and pretending they have truth. Catholics probably do the same. :)  

11 hours ago, Patiently waiting for Truth said:

xpectations are for TRUTH. Hence i am, Patiently waiting for Truth. 

I think you expect absolute purity and absolute truth; Your brush is broad and judgmental ..... hence you will be waiting past Armageddon for the perfection you search for and truth.....  not in this world.   Humans can only try to reflect Jehovah and even the sincere ones do it with imperfection. 

11 minutes ago, Peter Carroll said:

Brothers and sisters patting each others backs

actually - we have nice discussions and do not always agree.... but the nastiness is much less - so one can learn something.

3 hours ago, WalterPrescott said:

you come here and show your feminist true colors

False accusation. you do not know me...... maybe you say this because I expose deceit.

I rarely vote someone down - only when they are extremely rude..... or insulting. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.