The World News Media

Brothers helping Brothers Jehovah be with them.

Red Kenwood

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Nor would any Witness ever attack Matthew’s people, those meeting refugees at the border with aid. We don’t attack his people, yet he attacks ours!

I don't recall anyone I know attacking jw's any where. Sure Russia did ban the religion, and I Don;t know the religions of the police that did the arresting.

But this I  do know, I was attacked all my young life by devout jw parents, was attacked by the congregation when I was 15, and lately listened to one of your gb said he and all jw's can't wait til Jehovah kills all apostates, snuffs them out like a match.

Can you please provide proof that religious charities are attacking jw refugees at the borders.

• Views 4.3k
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When waiting at the airport why not kiss every deboarding passenger, rather than searching out your own loved one?

He knows. He's just being intentionally antagonistic. He knows it's logical to let Witnesses stay with Witnesses. He doesn’t want to admit the bond those of like mind and faith have, because he doesn'

Posted Images

Whatever you have to tell yourself to make yourself feel better, when it comes to abusive parents, let the public know how terrible you might have been as a kid. It could very well be those JWs parents you hate by your attitude, might have not been strict with you because of their institution. It might have been personal.

I knew many young and foolish witnesses that were disciplined for their personal destructive behavior. So, do you think, JWs parents should allow their children to experiment with "drugs" "alcohol" "sex"?

How about, getting into gangs? This is for the USA. 

How about becoming a thief because of drugs, etc. What kind of activism are former Jehovah's Witnesses pushing here?

16 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

Can you please provide proof that religious charities are attacking jw refugees at the borders.

No no no, you’ve got it all wrong. I did not say charities are attacking Jw. I said you were. It is the first thing you did on this thread started by another person: find fault with Witnesses focusing on their own rather than aiding indiscriminately. I did not criticize other aid-workers. I praised them, as did Thinking. But you criticized our efforts.

He made a very strong statement that if there was a natural disaster and if he saw his neighbors house damaged and heard his neighbor screaming for help, he had to ignore the neighbor and do what ever he could to reach an elder and head straight to the kingdom hall. I had a problem with this reasoning and so he told me I would have to agree to this too if I was interested in progressing any further.

Well, maybe this accounts for it. If you come in contact with nuts given to strong statements—well, it really is so that people reap what they sow. But even so, I suspect you are being selective. Unbalanced people are everywhere and a mature person learns to screen them out. (Granted, they don’t make that easy.) In T.I & Me I related how Bro Bob said something truly outrageous, that brothers determined to stand at the convention had jumped and beaten up the attendant carrying the ‘Please Be Seated’ sign—that this evil report got around and stirred up turmoil throughout the circuit, even district, but eventually truth got its pants on and people learned the source. Upon which they said, “Oh….well…..you know Bob. He says things like that.” I made the incident up, it didn’t actually happen. However there was a Bob, he would say things equally nutty, and (most) people would just cut him slack, focusing instead on his good qualities, which he had in abundance. 

But this I  do know, I was attacked all my young life by devout jw parents

I have no doubt you’re sincere in relating this, nor would I ever say that a person’s own experience is not theirs, but it may also be that your memory is selective. It is not especially uncommon for parents to provide training and have goals for their offspring, nor is it uncommon for teens to feel “attacked” if they do not accede to those goals. I’ll concede that Witness goals include some not of the mainstream, so the “attack” of someone kicking against the goads of parental upbringing may seem greater.

and lately listened to one of your gb said he and all jw's can't wait til Jehovah kills all apostates, snuffs them out like a match.

Well, it’s not as though the Bible itself waxes in appreciation for those who oppose and seek to undermine worship. (Ps 3:7—‘Arise, LORD! Deliver me, my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked,” says David.) I know the snippet you speak of.  I know what he said. I know that he meant it. I recall he lit a match, then blew it out without further comment, and that reinforced what he had already said about the likely success of apostates opposing the Christian cause.  And I also know that it is one of the 10,000 things he has said. Everything must be put in context.

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

No no no, you’ve got it all wrong. I did not say charities are attacking Jw. I said you were. It is the first thing you did on this thread started by another person: find fault with Witnesses focusing on their own rather than aiding indiscriminately. I did not criticize other aid-workers. I praised them, as did Thinking. But you criticized our efforts.

Well, maybe this accounts for it. If you come in contact with nuts given to strong statements—well, it really is so that people reap what they sow. But even so, I suspect you are being selective. Unbalanced people are everywhere and a mature person learns to screen them out. (Granted, they don’t make that easy.) In T.I & Me I related how Bro Bob said something truly outrageous, that brothers determined to stand at the convention had jumped and beaten up the attendant carrying the ‘Please Be Seated’ sign—that this evil report got around and stirred up turmoil throughout the circuit, even district, but eventually truth got its pants on and people learned the source. Upon which they said, “Oh….well…..you know Bob. He says things like that.” I made the incident up, it didn’t actually happen. However there was a Bob, he would say things equally nutty, and (most) people would just cut him slack, focusing instead on his good qualities, which he had in abundance. 

I have no doubt you’re sincere in relating this, nor would I ever say that a person’s own experience is not theirs, but it may also be that your memory is selective. It is not especially uncommon for parents to provide training and have goals for their offspring, nor is it uncommon for teens to feel “attacked” if they do not accede to those goals. I’ll concede that Witness goals include some not of the mainstream, so the “attack” of someone kicking against the goads of parental upbringing may seem greater.

Well, it’s not as though the Bible itself waxes in appreciation for those who oppose and seek to undermine worship. (Ps 3:7—‘Arise, LORD! Deliver me, my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked,” says David.) I know the snippet you speak of.  I know what he said. I know that he meant it. I recall he lit a match, then blew it out without further comment, and that reinforced what he had already said about the likely success of apostates opposing the Christian cause.  And I also know that it is one of the 10,000 things he has said. Everything must be put in context.

I’m terribly sorry Mathew if you had such unstable parents as you describe ,,,this does happen at times. I am for the last few years talking with and adult who experienced what you seem to have . This person can see we are not all like that and has a even started praying again after twenty years of hating all religion. This person has also told me strongly they will never ever go back (kh) I said that was fair enough…they have made contact with Jehovah and he is a reader of hearts…I’m sure he will do what is right with this person’s situation.

Again I really am sorry for your particular situation…and wish you well.

And yes the match stick quote was a cringeworthy time for me also….we are all so  different in nature…

If people here want to feel sorry for ExJW's that tell stories just to get attention here, you're more gullible than you thought. Therefore, your sympathy is displayed.

Then again, it could be that certain people here had some negative experiences with parents that refused to let their children be poisoned by this world. If that's the case, then the empathy is empty.

Am 15.3.2022 um 19:48 schrieb Matthew9969:

Still waiting for your 3rd party truth.

So again, please provide proof jw's are helping non-jw's and/or working with other religious organizations to provide aide to all.

After several people (including me) told you, that JWs don't do this, no one will provide proof or evidence for what we are claiming is not happening.

Also we gave several good reasons for not doing what you want: you ignored the Biblical admonition to FIRST help your own brothers in faith. Do you think we should do what is written in Galatians 6:10 or not?

Also we are in a situation where the whole European Union is overwhelmed with refugees. How do you expect a small number of JWs to handle a situation, that some of the richest nations of the world with more than 400million people can't handle? And since we can't handle the whole situation, what is wrong with helping your own friends first?

Most of the individual soldiers I believe mostly are Catholic,

Which show that you are hopelessly uninformed about the whole situation. Only a small percentage of the population (and soldiers) on both sides are catholic.

It would be horrifying if each individual denomination would only help their own specific denomination, and much more chaotic.

More chaotic than it is? Millions of people with nowhere to go and next to no organized effort by some of the richest countries in the world to help them? And you think it would get less chaotic it 200.000 JWs would organize 3million refugees over night? Excuse me, but you say this so much without any knowledge, what is going on here, that I can't seriously discuss this with you.

Well you guys aren't doing much in stopping war or stopping people from killing others,

175.000 JWs in Russia didn't take part in the invasion. Who is doing more to stop the war?

heck even some of your own brothers have killed innocent people, even pregnant women and children.

Huh?

When I started a bible study again several years back, my conductor at the time and I discussed 9-11. He made a very strong statement that if there was a natural disaster and if he saw his neighbors house damaged and heard his neighbor screaming for help, he had to ignore the neighbor and do what ever he could to reach an elder and head straight to the kingdom hall. I had a problem with this reasoning and so he told me I would have to agree to this too if I was interested in progressing any further.

I don't know if you misunderstood your study conductor or if he misunderstood what JWs are saying. But JWs don't teach this.

Lastly, the jw's are an off shoot of the bible students, which were an off shoot of 7th day Adventist. Even jw's have had different denominations stream from them, so jw's aren't an exclusive group.

I let you answer this for you:

your deflecting the conversation into other subjects.

So to sum up your guys position, jw's will only help jw's, got it. But will give free watchtower studies to a person fleeing a war torn country, got it.

JW's claim they do more to provide charity than anyone else, and refuse to back up that claim...got it.

And again jw's turn to personal attacks, deflection and changing the subject when pressed to provide proof of their claim.

My childhood consisted of broken bones, lots of blood loss, hospitalizations, etc, if jw's enjoy having a little laugh about extreme child abuse....you most definitely have a demonic spirit guiding your thoughts.

I'll leave you all with this then I'll shut up.

Crimes Committed by Jehovah's Witnesses (avoidjw.org)

2 hours ago, Matthew9969 said:

I'll leave you all with this then I'll shut up.

Crimes Committed by Jehovah's Witnesses (avoidjw.org)

Unfortunately just because some call them selves JW doesn't mean they act like they are supposed to. They are JWs in name only.

I am sorry you had such a horrible childhood. My father in law, a baptized JW, was an alcoholic and beat his wife and children. Regularly. The elders might be deceived by appearances but Jehovah sees it all and he will met out justice.